Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 4/23 (2 weeks ago today) and am troubled that I am not feeling any discomfort when I eat. I am eating plenty of food (last night I had 3 oz swordfish, 2 oz cooked-to-death squash and 2 oz mashed potatoes, knowing I couldn't finish it all) and could have finished the whole thing if I didn't stop myself. I never had any nausea and the pain was mostly gone by Friday, maybe they weren't such good things afterall. I am desparate to make this work. I'm doing lots of exercise but I'm very scared of the food.

That's a lot more than I eat 2 weeks post-op (I'm about 6 weeks post-op and it's still a lot more than I could eat), but everyone is different. I haven't had any nausea or vomiting either, and not much pain other than the separated muscles at one of my incision sites. Be grateful for that, not worried, it's not a sign that something is failing, I promise. ;)

Are you "allowed" ( per your post-op plan) to eat things like swordfish at the 2 week mark? If so that's fine, and if not you might want to take it a little more basic (just for the sake of healing). Have you felt any restriction so far? Or just not during that 1 meal?

Wow, you have a very tolerant sleeve! When I was sleeved, I was on Clear liquids for 2 weeks post-op, then moved to full liquids, then to soft/mushy foods, then to regular foods. Did your surgeon not provide you with a post-op eating plan? You're certainly eating healthful foods, but like you, I'm a little concerned that perhaps you're eating solid food kind of early in the process. I know surgeons do vary on that, but...

I'd be worried about harming your new sleeve if you eat things before you are fully healed. You really don't want to cause a leak or a problem with the surgical site. If your surgeon didn't give you a plan, call his office and ask. Seems like that's vital information you probably should have been provided.

I wonder if your baby sleeve has woken up fully and is sending all the signals back to your brain. I suggest you follow the guidelines given, for both types and quantities of food even if you "can" eat more you should stay with very small portions as you are still healing.

I am 5 weeks.and just starting solid foods I had maybe 2 oz of chicken and couldn't do anymore. that is alot of food for 2 weeks you are still healing most people are still on liquids be careful you need time to heal

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

That's more than I can eat at three months out. But I still had a little pain at your point. Hope you are healing well.

Fish and brocolli are per the surgeon's and the nut's advice. I tolerated both well -- too well, I think. Where's that magic signal I'm supposed to have???

For comparison with what you're eating (not that you should "compare" per se, but as a benchmark) I just finished making 1 egg + 1 slice of lean canadian bacon + 1 slice of RF cheese, all cut up together. I'm 3 bites into it and am already having to stop for a while before I take another bite. In fact I may be done, or I may be able to finish another bite or two (can't tell yet if I'm done, or just need to burp), which will be about 1/3 of it. I did finish a Protein drink about an hour ago, too... if I hadn't, I would probably be able to eat another bite or two, but Protein drinks like to loiter in my sleeve.

Ok, I just burped. Looks like I'm goof for another bite or two. ;)

ETA: just finished the Breakfast. I am full, but not hurting. Took about 25 - 30 mins total. There's no way I could eat any more.

If you mean a "soft stop" - not everyone has them. They seem a lot more rare than frequent. I get one sometimes, but not always. It's a quick inhale/sigh. It had to happen a few times before I realized what it was. I had a lapband for 6 years and never really had one... just a "sign" when something stuck had cleared.

I was also sleeved 4/23 and for Breakfast I made a tbsp of egg whites and put some melted lactose free cheese on it also 2 baby spoons full of fruit baby food on the side. I have no idea how you fit that but to each their own

Hey NewLife. I was sleeved on 4/20, just a few days before you. I was surprised when I could eat more than I'd expected. Swordfish is very soft and so are cooked squash and mashed potatoes. And you didn't eat all of it. It smooshes together easily so I think you can fit more than if you were eating chicken or a more dense Protein. I had pulled turkey yesterday at a BBQ restaurant and really couldn't eat much. Yet later that night I had refried Beans and felt like I ate a good amount. I think it just depends on WHAT you're eating. You're doing fine.

I have days where I am full and then days like today where I am SO hungry!!! I called my dietician today to make sure I was doing ok and not over eating. She went through my diet and stressed that I need a lot more Protein. I am averaging about 40 grams and need to be at 60. I hope that if I can choke down more than 1 shake a day I will feel less hungry. Really beating myself up today!

Elizabeth, I'm with you on the Protein. I've been gagging through one Protein Shake in the morning. I know I need another one in the evening to get my protein in but I can't stand the taste of any of them anymore. I laughed when you wrote you have to "choke it down." I'm doing the exact same thing!!