Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Mos Out And Gaining Weight

I am exactly 8 months out and was down 50 lbs. by my 6th month. My Dr. was thrilled and so was I. In the past 2 months i haven't lost a thing. In fact i've gained 6 lbs. I lost my brother in October and while it was heartwrenching I managed to stick to my eating plan. However two months ago I took a job transfer and moved out of state. My husband didnt find a job right away and well I guess the stress has just taken over. I love my new job etc but this has been a huge transiton for me. The bills are all behind and I have found myself succumbing to my old standby.... food. Snacking, fast food, drinking from a straw etc. I cant eat much at one time but I know I'm eating the wrong things. I am getting little exercise with my new work schedule and the more the scale doesn't go down the more depressed I feel. Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to undo all of the good I have done and want to get back on track. What is the best way to start? Also my hair is still shedding..

Back to basics. You can do this, lady. You are taking a huge step by coming here. My advice would be Protein first, then veggies, and then carbs if there is room if you want. Try to get at least 70 grams, try to keep the carbs lower to decrease cravings and get more Protein, and if you can, fit in exercise at least 3x a week for 30 minutes. Set up a meal plan. Literally, plan out each meal, and eat what you say you are going to. Hold yourself accountable.

If you are having a hard time with protein, drink a shake. I always start my day with one. I will repeat. You can do this!

Edit: And if you can, try to get in at least 80 ounces of decaffeinated fluids. It helps stave off hunger, and it helps with weight loss.

Thanks Wishes! I appreciate your support. I havent been on the boards in a long time and I really need that support. I will start planning my meals tomorrow and begin using my fitness pal again. That really helps me hold myself accountable. Thank u for being such a great board friend!!

No problem, I am really glad to see you back on VST. That is what everyone is here for. I am not on as much here as I used to be, but I still come here occasionally for the support and to support others. Also, I am on myfitnesspal everyday, and there is definitely big support there too. I will definitely be there to cheer you on!

Bless your heart Rebel! You've been through a lot. It's ok! You lost 50 lbs at 6 months and you've hit a bit of a stall for 2 months. It happens.. Relocating to a new place and money stress are definitely food triggers. Try to replace the junk food with something low cal that you actually like. Pack your meals for work so you don't get as tempted to go get fast food. I am sure you can break the stall and get the scale moving again if you just replace the bad stuff with good stuff. Try just going out for a walk at lunch or in the morning before work even if it's only for 20 minutes just to keep your body moving. good luck!!

I hope things get better for you soon too!

Thanks sleeved. I feel better already. I guess the first step is to admit I've fallen and now I've just got to pick myself up and get going.

Rebel,

Firstly congrats on getting rid of 50lbs, that is a job well done. Secondly congrats on your new job, new home and relocation. Thirdly, my deepest sympathies for your loss.

You have been through a really tough couples of months there and on top of that, grieving for you brother. You have pretty much ticked all the high stress boxes that we could encounter and all in a very small space of time. YOu have to give yourself time to readjust - if you haven't done so already... and then it is time to move forward, which I think you've done by coming on here...

You've done the right thing by coming back and posting.. it is a great place to give and recieve support. The suggestions that you've already rec'd are excellent... back to basics and start logging again are exactly what I would do.

But first and foremost, in my humble opinion, is to be kind to yourself and not to beat yourself up over a 6lbs gain ... I can gain 5lbs in Water in 1 day!

Good luck as you move onto the next phase of your new life... remember, the sleeve is a tool for LIFE and it has no expiry date.

Let us know how you get on... *hugs*

Awww , I totally feel you! But you got alot of good advice here. And your screen name says it all! "Rebel" . . . you can fight it all the way. . . don't give in! DON'T LET IT WIN!!!

Hope things are looking up for you. I am almost 7 months out & the past few weeks I haven't lost, teally. Actually, I have lost & gained .5 of a lb the past few weeks. Haven't been as careful about what I have eaten, but still tracking calories and carbs, trying to continue the Protein first rule. I have kicked up the exercise (I do much better when I exercise first thing in the morning) so am hoping that will get my pound #s down. I have continued to go down in clothes suze, but not dropping poundage. Just wanted to let you knowvy ou are not alone in the ongoing struggle. We must continually remind ourselves that eating right and exercising is something we must continue to do because we are worth the effort. So sorry about your brother. Forgive my typing... on my phone. Leah.

P.S. NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF! You are stronger than you know.

I think everyone has given you straight up honest advice...the only thing I might add is seeing someone you can talk to.

You have been through a lot and it isnt physical needs that have sent you to McD's. Just a thought.