Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I just shared all of my purée recipes, including how to purée chicken, to the Recipe Sharing section of the food and Nutrition forum. I am freezing the last batch right now and I will be all set for the next two weeks!

How is everyone doing today? I am relaxing and trying not to be too bummed that I go back to work tomorrow! I'm a little nervous about how tomorrow will go with me still on fluids, and also nervous about how well I will do with purée on Tueaday! People at work will know about the surgery now because I posted that post about it on Facebook and enough of them are on it that it will already be general knowledge. I hope nobody asks too many stupid questions. I also hope I'm not flat out exhausted by tomorrow afternoon!

One thing I am looking forward to with moving out of the liquid phase is finishing a meal in less than an hour! I'm supposed to take 30 minutes when I start purée and cut it down to 20 minutes by the soft food phase.

Hi Puppyphat- so glad to hear from you! It sounds like things are getting back on track for you and post whatever your mood! Use us and this forum as you need to! I am sure none of us will mind. With the good there is the...well lets call it less good. Hearing when things are less good gives a voice to the "dark side" of our weight loss journey and makes it okay for us to talk about when we're less than great. Thinking of you!! Cheers Liss

Sueocco and the other Sydney siders - I was sleeved 4 weeks ago and would love to catch up. I live at North Ryde but could make it into the city with notice and a bit of reorganising.

I'm doing well, though weight loss is slow - studying lots which doesn't help! Could do better - with exercise mostly. It will be great to hear how others are doing.

Can I join you?

Sueocco and the other Sydney siders - I was sleeved 4 weeks ago and would love to catch up. I live at North Ryde but could make it into the city with notice and a bit of reorganising.

I'm doing well' date=' though weight loss is slow - studying lots which doesn't help! Could do better - with exercise mostly. It will be great to hear how others are doing.

Can I join you?[/quote']

All welcome Sydney Susan! We will post the arrangements as soon as we have a firm date for our Wednesday evening get together. I will be a year out in July and there are others at different stages - Aussie girl is even nearly a year ahead of me so we will all be able to share our stories face to face which will be great.

It's official!! Double digits baby!! Woot! And this is on the scary fat scales at work ( not my lovely GPs that have me nearly four kg lighter lol). What a way to start my Monday!!

post-34328-1381366603973_thumb.jpg

That is awesome Lissa!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Way to go Liss!!!! How amazing does it feel to finally see the double digits!! You should be incredibly proud of yourself...btw saw your picture on Facebook and you look amazing, all the good curves :)

(Hopefully that doesnt sound too creepy lol)

Misty, hope work isnt being too bad today!!

Any and all Sydneysiders can come and join us...date to be confirmed...How is the middle of June for everyone? :)

That is superb, Lissa! Congratulations!

I realized that I also have my follow-up with my surgeon this afternoon! I think he will be pleased with my easy recovery so far. It will also be a nice excuse to skive off early from work. Everything is fine at work but I have to admit I am a bit tired! I have mostly just caught up with my email and chatted with a few of my employees, so it has been a pretty low-key day. But still, I feel a bit wiped out!

Drinking my optislim shake now, and I feel a little self-conscious about it. I know that is silly, but it is what it is.

Hey Lissa, AWESOME !!!! :D

Fantastic effort, considering the 'challenging' start you had to your 'sleeve journey'.

You are a STAR !!!!!!!!

Best Wishes

Michele

Lissa - way to go! Well done and what incredible weight loss!

Aussie girl - any Wednesday evening will suit me - I think Jimbo has a few more weeks on the soft food so mid June should be good timing.

Brendan - good for you, the next few weeks will be the hardest so just keep telling yourself that and thinking of the light at the end of the tunnel - or should I drop the analogies and just say the weight loss as you jump on the scales and slipping into those new trendy clothes!

One not so good one for the girls (so to speak - and probably TMI for the boys!) From size 18 DD down to 14C - haven't seen those skimpy little sizes since I was 18!

Oh to be 18 again because then I wouldn't need the push up model!!

Lissa - way to go! Well done and what incredible weight loss!

Aussie girl - any Wednesday evening will suit me - I think Jimbo has a few more weeks on the soft food so mid June should be good timing.

Brendan - good for you' date=' the next few weeks will be the hardest so just keep telling yourself that and thinking of the light at the end of the tunnel - or should I drop the analogies and just say the weight loss as you jump on the scales and slipping into those new trendy clothes!

One not so good one for the girls (so to speak - and probably TMI for the boys!) From size 18 DD down to 14C - haven't seen those skimpy little sizes since I was 18!

Oh to be 18 again because then I wouldn't need the push up model!![/quote']

LOL, I know the feeling. Have gone from an 18D to a 14B and suspect I will finish up a 12B and yes definitely need to 'round em up' model!!