Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I just came home from the shops with a size 14 "little black dress" for the end of year Christmas party rounds. That size will sound horrific to those from the US, but an Aussie 14 for a 53 y o, rather tall lass is really quite respectable, I think. I'm aiming for a 12, but it's nice to have got this far!

Well done Susan. Bet your feeling wonderful

Ok time for an update Last Monday was my first day back at work, I was dubious that I would last a day as lacking energy and did not know how I was going to eat as a few teaspoons took 30 mins to eat and 30 mins up and down to walk off. Well all went well, managed to get through Monday and after work had my check up with the surgeon who was very happy with my progress and assured me my slow back and forth move between fluids and runny mash is ok and nothing to worry about. Energy ? Just for an extra boost in the morning I take a barocca (not spelt right) tablet. Not the fizzy tablet in Water, help heaps. I am currently 105 kgs 16 down from my start weight. I wasn't seeing it really and then due to lack of shopping a girl at work had given me a pair of size 16 work pants (I never fitted into them cause I was a size 22, never had the heart to tell her). OMG ( not a term I use ever). They slipped on like they were meant for me! I don't think I have ever smiled so much (other than when I gave birth 19 years ago). I have gone and bought another pair to see me through the next phase. I am still struggling getting my food down but have found that different texture goes down easier smashed up grilled barrimundi GOOD. smashed up lobster BAD. So I am learning and feeling much better. Hope everyone is well.

You are doing fantastic! Dropping sizes is so motivating, that's for sure. My only advice when going back to work is that remembering to keep hydrated is hard work. At first I needed alarms to remind me when to eat and drink. It didn't take long before it was second nature, though I still don't do as well as I would like with hydration.

You are doing fantastic! Dropping sizes is so motivating, that's for sure. My only advice when going back to work is that remembering to keep hydrated is hard work. At first I needed alarms to remind me when to eat and drink. It didn't take long before it was second nature, though I still don't do as well as I would like with hydration.

Yes the first day at finish time I could have drunk a swimming pool and a shocking headache, so I now have a bottle on my desk and a glass and my phone vibrates in my pocket every 10 minutes. By the by the end of the week my hand was automatically picking up the glass and I am now reaching between 1200 and 1300 mls a day. Still not the goal but getting there.

Fantastic feeling isn't it! Well done! I can't believe how different you look in your new profile photo. Your face is a completely different shape - I wouldn't have recognised you from your old photo! Yes I am having the same problems with posting on my ipad app - hope this one gets there!

Thanks Sue, Starting my new job on the Gold Coast on Monday and I am making my first sales trip to Sydney in early December. Once I know my schedule, I will see if there is any free time for us to meet.

!

What am I doing wrong - when I try and reply and quote it puts in the body of the post - not loving this new site either.

Kelli - hope you managed to decipher my reply to you.

Sounds fabulous, Kelli! The party was great. I got so many compliments. I have to say I am getting sick of the attention actually. Some people can be really inappropriate. But I looked good. We left by 10:30 because I was having pain from my incisions. I think I'm recovering ok from the gallbladder removal. As above, the incisions are still sore and I think I overdid it yesterday. I bought a bicycle and rode it home from the shop (about 5 km but I am so not used to it). Then the party. It was too much. But I think I have lost all the swelling since the surgery and two of my four bandages have come off. So the bike thing. I feel like I am ready to get a little more exercise on the weekends! I'm running three times a week about 6k per time (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and don't really want to add more running. I do a lot of incidental walking which I don't really count as exercise. So I figured I would get a bike and I could use it to get to the shops or church or other small errands on the weekends. I might go for a ride on the bike paths too for fun. I don't see myself becoming one of those Lycra-clad "racer" types that you see everywhere around Brisbane. So I got a European style "touring bike" and had a huge wire basket installed on the front of it. The basket unsnaps for shopping too. Because I'm so short it is hard to fit me for a bike, but this one is great (just a tiny bit too tall maybe). I don't actually have a ton of cycling experience especially on the road, so I am going to stick to the easy stuff and have fun and go slow. This bike is a 7 speed and not too fancy. We went out for a short ride this morning, just 7 km along the bike paths. It felt good even though my bum is a bit tender! I love my sleeve and the fact that I am seeking out more ways to be active. I also love that I was able to wear heels at the party last night and actually forget I was wearing them, because they did not pinch or hurt a bit!

Misty, the bike riding s a great idea. It would be good for you to also do some weights training.which helps build muscle. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the party and it's strange how high heel shoes are more comfortable now. I rarely wore them before as they hurt but no they don't bother me and I will be wearing them every day at work from tomorrow. Another little benefit of being lighter.

I am currently 105 kgs 16 down from my start weight. I wasn't seeing it really and then due to lack of shopping a girl at work had given me a pair of size 16 work pants (I never fitted into them cause I was a size 22, never had the heart to tell her). OMG ( not a term I use ever). They slipped on like they were meant for me!

Congrats on your great success Newlife... and I am jealous! I started out at 105.6kg - spurred into "serious" action because I could no longer fit into size 18s! You and I must be very different shapes... Or you are perhaps a lot fitter and more muscular than me (which wouldn't be hard, frankly).

At 79kg I'm only just getting into size 14s... and by no means all of them. About time I got off to the gym.... Damn.

It sounds like everyone is doing great on the exercise. Those of you that know me on this thread know that I have been talking about exercise forever and never actually doing anything! Well....get ready for it...I have joined the local gym! Now don't get too excited.. I am mainly doing weights, yoga and balance classes (which are a mixture of palates, yoga and tai chi) - no heavy cardio yet! I have managed to get there 3-4 times a week so pretty pleased with myself since exercise has NEVER been a part of my life. I have been going for about a month now and my husband and son are going too so that has helped motivate me. My girlfriend also goes to the same gym so I am hoping that I will always have someone to kick my butt when I am in one those 'don't want to go' moods. Susan - don't worry about sizes, sizing is all over the place in Australia - I fit anything from a 10-14 on top and a 8-10 on the bottom. I have quite broad shoulders so it depends on the cut and the material.

Fantastic feeling isn't it! Well done! I can't believe how different you look in your new profile photo. Your face is a completely different shape - I wouldn't have recognised you from your old photo! Yes I am having the same problems with posting on my ipad app - hope this one gets there!

Thanks Sue, Starting my new job on the Gold Coast on Monday and I am making my first sales trip to Sydney in early December. Once I know my schedule, I will see if there is any free time for us to meet.

!

I hope so. I have been looking forward to meeting you - hopefully Susan and other Sydney Sleevers can make it - it will be like our Sleevers Christmas party .... I'll order in the 6 mince tarts - that should be enough for at least 12 of us

Sue I am so proud of you for joining the gym! Woohoo!

Sue I am so proud of you for joining the gym! Woohoo!

Thanks Misty - getting out on a bike is something I would love to do - I just don't fancy my chances of survival in Sydney traffic so it would have to be in parks.

It sounds like everyone is doing great on the exercise. Those of you that know me on this thread know that I have been talking about exercise forever and never actually doing anything! Well....get ready for it...I have joined the local gym! Now don't get too excited.. I am mainly doing weights, yoga and balance classes (which are a mixture of palates, yoga and tai chi) - no heavy cardio yet! I have managed to get there 3-4 times a week so pretty pleased with myself since exercise has NEVER been a part of my life. I have been going for about a month now and my husband and son are going too so that has helped motivate me. My girlfriend also goes to the same gym so I am hoping that I will always have someone to kick my butt when I am in one those 'don't want to go' moods. Susan - don't worry about sizes, sizing is all over the place in Australia - I fit anything from a 10-14 on top and a 8-10 on the bottom. I have quite broad shoulders so it depends on the cut and the material.

Woohoo! Go Sue :) I still haven't sorted out my gym membership yet- started back to ballet after a few weeks off and wow am I feeling it tonight! Ballerinas are tough lol :)

HI Everyone,

Ive been gone again for awhile.

Ive officially broke 30kgs mark in my weightloss, one of my big weightloss goals.

But i'm going to ask a silly question.

Does anyone else have issues with being uncomfortable setting after all this weight lose? its like my pelic bones are rubbing against everything I sit on.

Unfortabe at the best of times. I guess I will have to get use to using a cussion to sit on.

Is it just me or is it a issue for others ???

Hope everyone is well

Sarah

HI Everyone,

Ive been gone again for awhile.

Ive officially broke 30kgs mark in my weightloss, one of my big weightloss goals.

But i'm going to ask a silly question.

Does anyone else have issues with being uncomfortable setting after all this weight lose? its like my pelic bones are rubbing against everything I sit on.

Unfortabe at the best of times. I guess I will have to get use to using a cussion to sit on.

Is it just me or is it a issue for others ???

Hope everyone is well

Sarah

<p>HI Everyone,</p> <p> </p> <p>Ive been gone again for awhile.</p> <p> </p> <p>Ive officially broke 30kgs mark in my weightloss, one of my big weightloss goals.</p> <p> </p> <p>But i'm going to ask a silly question.</p> <p> </p> <p>Does anyone else have issues with being uncomfortable setting after all this weight lose? its like my pelic bones are rubbing against everything I sit on.</p> <p> </p> <p>Unfortabe at the best of times. I guess I will have to get use to using a cussion to sit on.</p> <p> </p> <p>Is it just me or is it a issue for others ???</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Hope everyone is well</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Sarah</p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

hi Sarah - yep - I kinda know what you mean - I can't sit in hard chairs for long because I just don't have enough meat on my butt any more! Also getting down on my yoga mat to do my yoga moves is a killer as I can feel every bone! I have banged my knees and elbows too and with no meat (and probably lack of mussel too) it hurts a bit more. I was actually talking to my husband about this physical vulnerability I now feel. I think it is physiological as I know that some of the theory about why we eat is to put a protective coating around ourselves. He thinks that as I get stronger at the gym I probably won't feel like that anymore but weather it is a head thing or not, I know that because I am lighter if people do bump into me it can knock me around a bit more. Sorry for the mega rave - just thought others might be experiencing those feelings too!