Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Yes it is weird. I can't believe I have already lost 30! Life is good and getting the sleeve has been worth it. Main dilemma now is my boobs have shrunk so much I need new bras again but want to hold off on the expense until I am closer to goal. Sorry to the blokes reading this.... girl talk

Go to DFO and get some bras. They will only last a few months but that's all you need. When you are at goal you can go to Evie Boo or one of the other nice places and get some sturdy bras that will last you years.

Hi all. First appt with Dr Nolan on the Gold Coast this Thursday. 90% of the time really keen to get started and some days still quite apprehensive. Looking forward to hearing all your good times and bad.

I'm in Gladstone' date=' Have chosen a surgeon in Rockhampton which is an hour and a bit north of here.[/quote']

Hi tashk,

My businesses are in Gladstone but now living on the Gold Coast. I too have a couple of friends in town that have been sleeved in Rocky and are loving life now. All the best with your journey - my first surgeon appt is this Thursday.

Brendan

Hi all. First appt with Dr Nolan on the Gold Coast this Thursday. 90% of the time really keen to get started and some days still quite apprehensive. Looking forward to hearing all your good times and bad.

Welcome Brendan and good luck for your exiting journey to a great new you

Go to DFO and get some bras. They will only last a few months but that's all you need. When you are at goal you can go to Evie Boo or one of the other nice places and get some sturdy bras that will last you years.

True although Myers has 25% off at present. Might just go to target for a couple to get my through.

I'm starting to count the meals between now and surgery. I know it's silly and I will be able to eat everything again in a few months. I guess it is human nature.

My house is clean and my laundry caught up. A few lady minute things to buy tomorrow. I won't lie, I'm looking forward to the anesthetic. :)

Also my mom thought until today that I was having fat cut off my body. I made her go and read about the surgery. LOL

Hi tashk' date='

My businesses are in Gladstone but now living on the Gold Coast. I too have a couple of friends in town that have been sleeved in Rocky and are loving life now. All the best with your journey - my first surgeon appt is this Thursday.

Brendan[/quote']

Hi Brendan, ahh Gold Coast would be a different lifestyle from here. I too have some apprehension to getting sleeved. I was doing ok til I told someone ( other than my best friend) and she was like yeah I heard you will lose weight but someone she knew had it done and she has lots of issues with reflux/burping and making these heaving noises when she eats or drinks. This poor girl no longer eats or drinks in public as the noises make others around her nauseous,

That terrifies me. Anyone else heard of anyone being like this?

Hi Brendan' date=' ahh Gold Coast would be a different lifestyle from here. I too have some apprehension to getting sleeved. I was doing ok til I told someone ( other than my best friend) and she was like yeah I heard you will lose weight but someone she knew had it done and she has lots of issues with reflux/burping and making these heaving noises when she eats or drinks. This poor girl no longer eats or drinks in public as the noises make others around her nauseous,

That terrifies me. Anyone else heard of anyone being like this?[/quote']

Have heard about the reflux but most people have this well controlled with medication and it seems to pass with time. First I've heard about the noises with eating - anyone hear similar?

Kelli, so awesome seeing our BMI decreasing...I too am at 29 from 44 and tell my husband 'I LOVE BEING OVERWEIGHT' so we have this little joke between us, gotta laugh..

Anyway just came back from Trade Secret after being able to just grab things at these type of stores now is great. I brought some more exercise gear which before my op would never have considered now it is the first area I look :)

Looking forward to seeing you Monday for lunch xx

Kelli' date=' so awesome seeing our BMI decreasing...I too am at 29 from 44 and tell my husband 'I LOVE BEING OVERWEIGHT' so we have this little joke between us, gotta laugh..

Anyway just came back from Trade Secret after being able to just grab things at these type of stores now is great. I brought some more exercise gear which before my op would never have considered now it is the first area I look :)

Looking forward to seeing you Monday for lunch xx[/quote']

Don't you love shopping now? My husband gave me a Lorna Jane voucher for Christmas but I have only recently used it and i get into a medium! Never even used to ft a large from this store.

Loo forward to seeing you on Monday.

Have heard about the reflux but most people have this well controlled with medication and it seems to pass with time. First I've heard about the noises with eating - anyone hear similar?

Hi Brendan and Tash, several of us on this thread have experienced a bit of a gurgling noise in the beginning but it disappears after a while and it seems to have a lot to do with timing of drinks and eating. It's never been an issue for me in public and it's nothing to worry about. The best thing I can suggest is try not to over think everything. By all means do your research, then trust in your decision.

Totally agree with Kelli about the gurgling. Mine was in the beginning, I would hear all types of noises, now just the odd noise escapes but never been a problem in public and have never experienced reflux...in fact, I have had no issues at all and wouldn't hesitate in a heartbeat to do it all over again! My only regret is I didn't do it years ago. I am in a really good place in my life and I honestly could not find this place before my op which has allowed me a total change in mine and my families lifestyle.

Thanks Kelli and Shell, I know I've made the right decision just freaked out when I heard that. Made me also realise I won't be sharing my news until after my surgery. The negativity messes with me so it's easier to keep things quiet for now. So glad I found this forum :)

Hi Liss.Congratulations on your weight loss so far :)

I also appreciate your diplomatic rebuttal of my suggestion that puppyphat may have body dysmorphia. Obviously I am not a mental health professional and I reacted to her distress with my own similar (but not the same) experience. I wish I had worded my post differently and I am grateful that you have stepped in.Is what you have talked about what they are calling 'transfer addiction' on other threads?

I hope puppyphat will reach out to you and all her sleever friends.

Thanks for your response. I hope you didn't think I was having a crack at you, only that I was concerned that there was such a huge risk of medical complications for puppyphat if she has/is developing an eating disorder. And I also don't want anyone to think I am diagnoising based on a post on a forum - I just wanted to highlight how potentially serious this can be and it's a cautionary tale for all of us! But please don't think that I was dismissing your suggestion or having a go at you in any way!

I also won't talk about this matter anymore on the public thread as I regretted posting it on the forum and not PMing it to puppyphat directly. I would hate for puppyphat to feel she can't talk freely or openly on this forum or for my comments to (in any way) cause more distress.

With regards to your query about transfer addiction, it possibly is but it is best to have a consultation with a clinical psychologist as it is such a complicated matter.

Cheers, Liss

Quick thanks to all who sent me congrats :) I can't wait until I get down under that hundred but it will happen soon enough! the amazing thing is that even though I am still this weight, I am wearing size 14-16 clothing so I really don't feel as heavy as the scales tell me :) I have another 30kg or so to go so it will be interesting to see what size I eventually end up!!