Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Bec, great to have another Brisbane sleever :) if you are free on Monday, join us for lunch and a chat at Jackpot Noodles, Albert Street at 12.30p.

It would be great to meet you :)

That's great Tash! It's also my nana's birthday too!! The time will fly by till u see ur surgeon. I'm starting to get worried as everyone has said they saw a phyic but I was not told to see anyone. I think I might be just reading into it too much. I know my head is in the right place though.

Hi Bec - don't worry - I didn't see a physiologist pre op either. I think I'm OK although I have had my moments!

This thread has helped me so much - even if everyone has different issues it comes back to the same old thing 'a problem shared is a problem halved' - thanks everyone for your experiences, insights and advice - may it continue :-) !!

Bec' date=' great to have another Brisbane sleever :) if you are free on Monday, join us for lunch and a chat at Jackpot Noodles, Albert Street at 12.30p.

It would be great to meet you :)[/quote']

I'll think I'll be there but I'll know on Sunday. It'll be good to meet u all

I have to apologize to Aussiegirl because I got her mixed up with AussieLady who is having a hard time. I am praying for her but hope Aussiegirl is going ok!

Hi Bec - don't worry - I didn't see a physiologist pre op either. I think I'm OK although I have had my moments!

This thread has helped me so much - even if everyone has different issues it comes back to the same old thing 'a problem shared is a problem halved' - thanks everyone for your experiences' date=' insights and advice - may it continue :-) !![/quote']

That's good to know I'm not the only one. I think I'll be ok and your right with this thread. I seem to find the answers I'm looking for which is great. I'm looking forward to seeing the dietician on Saturday as I'll know what I can have for my pre op diet and post op too

How is everyone doing? I can't believe it is so close for me. And it will fly by. Here is what is going on this weekend.

Saturday: concert with Queensland Wind and Brass at the Old Museum at 7:30 ams you're all welcome. $29. :)

Sunday: brunch with my godmother, then some kind of a date with my husband in the evening

Monday: work all day. Dietitian at 9 am. lunch with you guys.

Tuesday: surgery!

I can't wait for the two weeks off. If nothing else I will be able to rest a bit!

I have not been trying to have food funerals but it seems like there has been lots of eating out. I am holding steady at 98 kg.

Puppyphat - not sure if you're monitoring the forum or not but if you are -

I echo the sentiments of most here that are urging you to speak to someone NOW.

I am a psychologist.

I have worked in Mental Health for the past five years and increasingly, eating disorders are being seen within our service as severe and debilitating conditions that are both psychological and biological responses.

Sometimes, what I've observed in my role is that we can sometimes substitute one kind of disorder for another if the situation demands it. So, for example, where you might have experienced a more "socially acceptable" eating disorder of over eating to the point your health was severely compromised, it is now manifesting itself through food restriction and perceptual disturbances (with reference to your body image). it might be, as suggested, body dysmorphic disorder but given the food restriction and obsession you report, it sounds much more like an eating disorder. This would also explain the depression you're feeling and perceptual dissonance.

It sounds serious, right. That's cause it is. And I can urge you enough to get help early before you end up on a medical admission, fed by a tube and countless referrals and intrusive interventions down the track.

We here all really care. Don't worry about being a "downer" - talk to us. Talk to SOMEONE, anyone but please, don't stop talking.

Thinking of you, Liss

Hi guy's

Having internet drama's so my ability to pop online at the moment is limited.

All is good. Work is banana's. B.A.N.A.N.A.S!

I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks - the reason - got new scales that weighed me heavier (an extra two kg) so it was a bit of a setback motivation wise.

I am getting back on track and increasing the exercise again.

I've not been eating well - stress makes it tough. Mostly at the moment I am drinking a skim milo to get through the day and having some veggies at night. Not by choice but cause I am under quite a lot of stress and if I try to eat when I am like this, I usually just puke.

To better manage the stress, I am starting yoga next week so along with increased exercise I hope my ability to eat more resumes. Funny how this happens - just a little while ago I was worried I could eat too much :) Guess it swings around...

So haven't weighed because next time I get on the scales I want to be under the 100kg :) So I am giving it another week (new scales said I had 2.5kg to lose to get under the hundred) - no doubt my next post will be about that - fingers crossed!!

Hope you're all well! Cheers, Liss

Lissa, you have done so well! I am sure you will be under 100 kg very soon. Have you tried using Protein powder or skim milk powder to fortify your milo at least? I understand stress at work too. I feel pretty exhausted at the moment too. I hope when I start losing weight I will experience the extra energy everyone talks about.

Puppyphat, I have been thinking about you every day. Please come back and tell us how you are, even if it isn't sunshine and roses.

Hit a new milestone today. I now have a BMI of 29 which is still considered overweight but at least I am no longer obese. I started at a BMI of 41, so am very happy with the progress so far. Next goal is to get to 25 which means I need to lose another 11kgs.

Hit a new milestone today. I now have a BMI of 29 which is still considered overweight but at least I am no longer obese. I started at a BMI of 41' date=' so am very happy with the progress so far. Next goal is to get to 25 which means I need to lose another 11kgs.[/quote']

Puppyphat - not sure if you're monitoring the forum or not but if you are -

I echo the sentiments of most here that are urging you to speak to someone NOW.

I am a psychologist.

I have worked in Mental Health for the past five years and increasingly' date=' eating disorders are being seen within our service as severe and debilitating conditions that are both psychological and biological responses.

Sometimes, what I've observed in my role is that we can sometimes substitute one kind of disorder for another if the situation demands it. So, for example, where you might have experienced a more "socially acceptable" eating disorder of over eating to the point your health was severely compromised, it is now manifesting itself through food restriction and perceptual disturbances (with reference to your body image). it might be, as suggested, body dysmorphic disorder but given the food restriction and obsession you report, it sounds much more like an eating disorder. This would also explain the depression you're feeling and perceptual dissonance.

It sounds serious, right. That's cause it is. And I can urge you enough to get help early before you end up on a medical admission, fed by a tube and countless referrals and intrusive interventions down the track.

We here all really care. Don't worry about being a "downer" - talk to us. Talk to SOMEONE, anyone but please, don't stop talking.

Thinking of you, Liss[/quote']

Hi Liss.Congratulations on your weight loss so far :)

I also appreciate your diplomatic rebuttal of my suggestion that puppyphat may have body dysmorphia. Obviously I am not a mental health professional and I reacted to her distress with my own similar (but not the same) experience. I wish I had worded my post differently and I am grateful that you have stepped in.Is what you have talked about what they are calling 'transfer addiction' on other threads?

I hope puppyphat will reach out to you and all her sleever friends.

Hi guy's

Having internet drama's so my ability to pop online at the moment is limited.

All is good. Work is banana's. B.A.N.A.N.A.S!

I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks - the reason - got new scales that weighed me heavier (an extra two kg) so it was a bit of a setback motivation wise.

I am getting back on track and increasing the exercise again.

I've not been eating well - stress makes it tough. Mostly at the moment I am drinking a skim milo to get through the day and having some veggies at night. Not by choice but cause I am under quite a lot of stress and if I try to eat when I am like this' date=' I usually just puke.

To better manage the stress, I am starting yoga next week so along with increased exercise I hope my ability to eat more resumes. Funny how this happens - just a little while ago I was worried I could eat too much :) Guess it swings around...

So haven't weighed because next time I get on the scales I want to be under the 100kg :) So I am giving it another week (new scales said I had 2.5kg to lose to get under the hundred) - no doubt my next post will be about that - fingers crossed!!

Hope you're all well! Cheers, Liss[/quote']

Hi Lissa

I love seeing your posts. You are doing so well and have lost a huge amount. I am so excited about you almost hitting the 100kg mark. It is difficult to eat well when you are busy, but it is possible with planning. What about on weekends you make up a couple of dishes and portion them into small containers for the week. Eg savoury mince, chicken & vege Soup, moussaka, casseroles etc. they are then quick and easy to serve with vege or salad and give you the Protein we need at every meal. Yogurt and fruit, hummus and vege are also easy Snacks. Hope you have a great week.

Hit a new milestone today. I now have a BMI of 29 which is still considered overweight but at least I am no longer obese. I started at a BMI of 41' date=' so am very happy with the progress so far. Next goal is to get to 25 which means I need to lose another 11kgs.[/quote']

That's amazing! Doesn't 11 kg sound so reasonable and normal? How cool to only need to lose 11 kg!?

That's amazing! Doesn't 11 kg sound so reasonable and normal? How cool to only need to lose 11 kg!?

Yes it is weird. I can't believe I have already lost 30! Life is good and getting the sleeve has been worth it. Main dilemma now is my boobs have shrunk so much I need new bras again but want to hold off on the expense until I am closer to goal. Sorry to the blokes reading this.... girl talk