Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

No need to apologize for stepping up on your soap box. You are absolutely right.

I will be in Boston for work from tomorrow to the 27th. Hopefully everything is settled down there. I'm glad I'm doing this trip before my surgery. I have a hard time eating to plan on trips, between the airports, free wine in the plane, and hotel buffets. It is something about free food and being on my own. Anyone else have that problem? How do you cope after the surgery? Do you ask for special meals?

Also does anyone have any good cook books for after the surgery? Any tips for packing lunches etc, after I'm on solid food?

Michele, I joined the Facebook group but there sure is a lot of drama there. Not sure I need more of that in my life. I will give it a few days.

Misty, good luck in Boston. It definitely will be an interesting place to be for the next few days. A good friend of mine loves in the neighbourhood they found the bomber in and works near MIT, it has been a struggle for her, but as she says they are tough in Boston.

I know free food sounds great, lounges with wine. For me nowadays it is everything in moderation. I dont get special meals when I travel, especially on planes, they are used to most the trays coming back with food on em, especially in cattle class. I have been asked about the meal a few times in business class when I have been lucky enough to get upgraded, but just say I cant eat much when I am flying.

When I am in the US, the to-go box is great, a few meals out of one :)

Buffets are hard, i have only been to one, I generally avoid them nowadays as I cant justify paying so much and being able to eat so little. But then I just got a bit of everything that interested me, had small bites and took my time.

You may have seen this site http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.au/

She has some good bariatric surgery ideas...

Packing lunch I bought a small 1cup size tupperware and fill it with leftovers or what I like.

I agree, teh Facebook peeps are going a bit crazy...I havent spent to much time there but there conversations come through on my feed sometimes.

Hi Misty,

there has been a lot of 'drama' on that page in the past few days, but that is very out of character for that group. Maybe it was a 'full moon' or there was something in the Water. Seems that Admin have sorted it out and it's gone back to it's normal supportive group.

I hope you will give the forum a second chance, because there really is lots of info there.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Boston.

Dean, you can get on your 'soapbox' anytime you like about such important topics, I'll be standing next to you. I have no fear about speaking to others about my experience because someone has to 'start' those conversations. I learnt very early about 'speaking out', My Uncle had Epilepsy, which was a socially unacceptable illness back in the 60's and 70's and I made a point of talking about him and trying to dispel the fear around this disease. It is the only way to get any action from people and governments.

Now, I'll get off my soapbox. :)

Have a great day everyone., as of today, it's only 1 week until I get admitted to hospital. *now the time is flying*.

Michele

No need to apologize for stepping up on your soap box. You are absolutely right.

I will be in Boston for work from tomorrow to the 27th. Hopefully everything is settled down there. I'm glad I'm doing this trip before my surgery. I have a hard time eating to plan on trips' date=' between the airports, free wine in the plane, and hotel buffets. It is something about free food and being on my own. Anyone else have that problem? How do you cope after the surgery? Do you ask for special meals?

Also does anyone have any good cook books for after the surgery? Any tips for packing lunches etc, after I'm on solid food?

Michele, I joined the Facebook group but there sure is a lot of drama there. Not sure I need more of that in my life. I will give it a few days.[/quote']

You will find that food just doesn't have the allure as it had before surgery so 'all you can eat' or free food doesn't even register to me as I can't eat it all anyway.

I don't bother ordering special meals - I just order want I feel like and if I don't eat it all - too bad. It is still going to cost the same weather I eat it or not.

I don't know about you, but growing up I was always told to eat what was on my plate and don't waste it, so I have had to change my mind set on this. Sometimes if the meals are really large I just have some off my husbands plate but most of the time I just order my own.

Lunches I eat tuna, egg mayo, when I am out I might have some chicken, sushi anything that I fancy really - just really small quantities.

I just order off the 'Entree' Menu. Anything else is a waste. At first I would order a main, eat what I could and give the rest to my partner but then I realized I was creating a weight problem for him that he never had.

Hi everyone!I have been following this thread for some time and I want to begin by thanking everyone for their generosity in sharing their journeys.Your honesty,bravery and good humour is inspirational.

I am normally a private person but I am going to be as frank as you have all been.

I am in Canberra and have been accepted by Dr Mosse for the sleeve pending the results of an endoscopy and barium swallow.Fingers crossed I haven't got an ulcer from the high dose of anti-inflammatories I have been on for the last 18 months for arthritis.

I am married 46 year old mum of two active little ones and I am on my feet at work.I desperately need to drop weight *fast* but all I am doing is stacking it on. I can't exercise as I am barely hobbling thru the day as it is, so I am locked in a vicious circle and trying really hard not to comfort eat. I have been severely obese in the past but managed to lose 50kg (became 92kg) and kept it off for 10 years but now I am in trouble again.Got complacent after my last bubby and figured I would just - literally - exercise my ass off when my son was older. Then the arthritis hit me like a truck.I am using myfitnesspal and struggle to stay within 1900 cals per day.I never feel full and can eat for Australia if I am not careful.I am very,very tired of this endless struggle with my weight.

My stats are: 177cm tall; 125kg kg-128kg depending on whose scales I am on :-/

Thank you for listening and for helping me through this process of reclaiming both my self esteem and my life with my precious family.

Hi everyone!I have been following this thread for some time and I want to begin by thanking everyone for their generosity in sharing their journeys.Your honesty,bravery and good humour is inspirational.

I am normally a private person but I am going to be as frank as you have all been.

I am in Canberra and have been accepted by Dr Mosse for the sleeve pending the results of an endoscopy and barium swallow.Fingers crossed I haven't got an ulcer from the high dose of anti-inflammatories I have been on for the last 18 months for arthritis.

I am married 46 year old mum of two active little ones and I am on my feet at work.I desperately need to drop weight *fast* but all I am doing is stacking it on. I can't exercise as I am barely hobbling thru the day as it is, so I am locked in a vicious circle and trying really hard not to comfort eat. I have been severely obese in the past but managed to lose 50kg (became 92kg) and kept it off for 10 years but now I am in trouble again.Got complacent after my last bubby and figured I would just - literally - exercise my ass off when my son was older. Then the arthritis hit me like a truck.I am using myfitnesspal and struggle to stay within 1900 cals per day.I never feel full and can eat for Australia if I am not careful.I am very,very tired of this endless struggle with my weight.

My stats are: 177cm tall; 125kg kg-128kg depending on whose scales I am on :-/

Thank you for listening and for helping me through this process of reclaiming both my self esteem and my life with my precious family.

Welcome!! We're always glad to have new people on here! Feel free to share (or not to share) as much as you are comfortable :) This group has been a lifeline for me since I was sleeved and I hope we can be the same for you and anyone else checking out this forum!

Cheers, Liss

Checking in from San Francisco on my way to Boston! Welcome lessismore!

Welcome!! We're always glad to have new people on here! Feel free to share (or not to share) as much as you are comfortable :) This group has been a lifeline for me since I was sleeved and I hope we can be the same for you and anyone else checking out this forum!

Cheers, Liss

A few new photos of myself...sorry if I've already posted these (can't remember). Taken about 2 weeks ago...45ish kg down.

http://nessalosingit.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/new-photos.html

Weighed myself today. 80.1kg. Last week 81.6kg. Dammit I just want to get out of the 80's but it's taking FOREVER.

Welcome Lessofmeismore :) I hope we can provide some support when you need, and a little bit of inspiration.

Nessa, looking good!! Congrats you look awesome...and give yourself time, the 70's will come soon.

So, I was shopping on the weekend for a 21st party I have been invited to (cant believe that I have been invited to a 21st that is not family), it is a rainbow theme, no black or white allowed. Difficult for me, as I love my black, atleast a little bit. Anyway, I have been able to shop in normal stores for probably a year now, and yet everytime I go into one I still feel like a fraud that should be looking only at the scarves and jewelery....when is my head going to get it :(

I'm working at an Elvis theme night this Friday night and have NOTHING to wear. Haven't had a chance to hit the op shops for something from the 50/60/70's eras.

I doubt op shops will be open on Thursday (ANZAC Day).