Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hey Bec, welcome.

You won't find too many negative comments about VSG here :)

I'm from Bris-vegas as well. On the north side.

I think everyone's journey so far has had some stuff the same and some stuff different. Ask away, and I'm sure between us we're likely to have had some exposure to most things.

Deano

Welcome Bec - ask away as Dean said! I think we're all happy to help and between us there is a wealth of knowledge. Congrats on your decision! It's a life changing one!!! Cheers, Liss

Hey Bec - welcome to this thread! There are a great bunch of people on this thread so ask away! I am 8 months post op and started my journey at 103 kgs - I weighed in at the clinic on Tuesday at 63kg so you won't hear anything negative from me regarding my decision to go for the sleeve!

Guess what everyone - my friend is dropping around a pass to four free personal training sessions at a local gym - I am actually going to do the exercise thing - finally!!

Thanks everyone for reinforcing what I already know but until now couldn't get motivated to do it. I know I have being very naughty and it shouldn't have taken me this long!

I may not be feeling so positive after my first session-eeeeek!

LOL you are doing well Sue - I am not doing the gym thing yet but have been doing a program designed by an exercise physiologist (aka my cousin lol). I am going to start walking every day after Easter too cause I did so much walking while I was on holiday that I realised I could do more than I have been! Good luck with the training and remember to have the radox ready... Cheers, Liss

Hi everyone' date='

My name is Bec, I've been reading all the posts today from page 1. I've been told that the sleeve is the best thing for me as I have PCOS and I just can't lose weight but the normal ways. Anyway I had been googling the subject for the last 2 weeks and now after reading everyone's journey's I have decided that when I go see my endo I'll be telling her that I'll go for the sleeve!! i see her on the 16th April. I now can't wait to get the ball rolling. My husband is behind me 100% which is great. Oh and I'm on the southside of Brisbane. I hope no one will mind if I ask lots of questions. Thanks for reading lol.

Cheers

Bec[/quote']

Hi Bec

Welcome, I too suffer from PCOS I'm now almost 8 month post op, the sleeve was the best decision I made not only for the weight loss but also for some of the symptoms of the PCOS

Lilly

Hi to everyone,

I have been reading all your posts and they are very motivational. I am 10 weeks post op and have lost almost 18 kgs including my two weeks pre op diet. I am so thrilled about the weight loss, and have had no real problems with surgery or recovery but for the last few weeks have felt really 'flat'. Just wondering whether others have experienced the same? I feel a teary a lot and just don't know what's wrong. Saw my dietician earlier this week and all good with the foods I am eating. Any advice would be welcome.

Kate

Hi Kate.

That's an amazing loss. Congratulations. You're already almost half way to goal and your BMI is about to drop below the 'obese' category. You have a lot to be happy about :)

I experienced a flat few weeks. For me it came down to 3 possibilities -

1. Eating so few calories of course I felt flat

2. I've heard fat stores hormones so maybe some of that was being released

3. (and this one was a surprise for me) I found out I was an emotional eater. I now know I ate when I was stressed, worried etc etc. I had times when I wanted to eat in volume (like I used to) but couldn't because of the surgery.

1. and 2. have sorted themselves out. 3 is a work in progress but I'm most of the way there. I've found other, healthier ways to deal with stress and other emotions. We've all heard them before. Exercise has been a big one for me. Talking more as well.

I'm well and truly out of that 'flat few weeks' now.

All the best,

Deano

Milestone for me today. Or I guess I should say kilometrestone .........

I thought I'd share in here ....... metric doesn't mean a lot to everyone outside of our thread!

I'm in my 20th week post op and today I hit 40 kgs gone.

15 kgs to go and I'll be at a BMI of 25, which is my goal at the moment.

Happy day,

Deano

I thought I'd share in here ....... metric doesn't mean a lot to everyone outside of our thread!

15 kgs to go and I'll be at a BMI of 25, which is my goal at the moment.

Happy day,

Deano

Congratulations Deano, you're a winner!!!

Way to go Deano!!!!

Awesome achievement....*cheerleader cartwheels* lol

Aww, thanks :)

Still a lot of work to do though.

I really appreciate everyone's help :)

15 kgs to go and I'll be at a BMI of 25' date=' which is my goal at the moment.

Happy day,

Deano[/quote']

Well done Dean, you will be looking hot! I am sure your family and appreciating your efforts. Enjoy Easter. Cheers Kelli

Hi Kate.

That's an amazing loss. Congratulations. You're already almost half way to goal and your BMI is about to drop below the 'obese' category. You have a lot to be happy about :)

I experienced a flat few weeks. For me it came down to 3 possibilities -

1. Eating so few calories of course I felt flat

2. I've heard fat stores hormones so maybe some of that was being released

3. (and this one was a surprise for me) I found out I was an emotional eater. I now know I ate when I was stressed, worried etc etc. I had times when I wanted to eat in volume (like I used to) but couldn't because of the surgery.

1. and 2. have sorted themselves out. 3 is a work in progress but I'm most of the way there. I've found other, healthier ways to deal with stress and other emotions. We've all heard them before. Exercise has been a big one for me. Talking more as well.

I'm well and truly out of that 'flat few weeks' now.

All the best,

Deano

Thanks Deano,

What you say certainly makes sense. The dietician discouraged counting calories as she said that by doing that it makes it seem like a diet. As long as I get my 60 gms of Protein in I should be ok. That said I haven't been eating fruit so will try and add that. I noticed Lissa saying she as upped her vegetable/salad intake so will try to do he same. Your third point hit the nail on the head. I know am an emotional eater and thinking about it I really do miss eating away my tiredness, stress, happiness,etc. Work has been really busy and stressful lately so maybe there is a connection. I am a teacher and have a principal that micro manages everyone and everything. Have been working 10 hour days (7am - 5pm) and then an extra hour or two each night at home. The crazy part is about half of the stuff we have to do is irrelevant. The latest task we have is to work with a colleague as a type of coach to each other. We have to start meeting weekly for a minimum of 2 hours. What the? One poweball...

Kate

Hi There

Whilst this is a fantastic site with bazillions of fabulous people, there is also an australian site called gastric sleeve support dot com dot au. There are brilliant people there who arrange meet ups and offer support. This site has great info and support and the Australian one is probably better for finding out about surgeons and hospitals in Oz.

Good luck with your journey!

Hi...I cant find the oher Australian site..Do you know if it is still operating

Thanks Deano,

What you say certainly makes sense. The dietician discouraged counting calories as she said that by doing that it makes it seem like a diet. As long as I get my 60 gms of Protein in I should be ok. That said I haven't been eating fruit so will try and add that. I noticed Lissa saying she as upped her vegetable/salad intake so will try to do he same. Your third point hit the nail on the head. I know am an emotional eater and thinking about it I really do miss eating away my tiredness, stress, happiness,etc. Work has been really busy and stressful lately so maybe there is a connection. I am a teacher and have a principal that micro manages everyone and everything. Have been working 10 hour days (7am - 5pm) and then an extra hour or two each night at home. The crazy part is about half of the stuff we have to do is irrelevant. The latest task we have is to work with a colleague as a type of coach to each other. We have to start meeting weekly for a minimum of 2 hours. What the? One poweball...

Kate

Teaching, a bit like law enforcement, is often a thankless job. I'm on the board of my kids school and there always seems to be something new we're expecting of them.

I think teachers do a terrific job. I had a career change a lot of years ago. I worked for a bank and wanted to check out of the corporate lifestyle, for a number of reasons. Primary school teaching was on my short list.

I hope things get easier at work. I'm sure they will as soon as you get your energy back, the national curriculum gets sorted out and we find a cure for helicopter parents! ;):P