Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Be careful getting on the weighing every day merry go round - speaking from personal experience! It can get quite de-motivating when the scale stops moving for days - or weeks.

Have a good day everyone!

Deano

Hi Kazza Wa! You're doing great! 9kg is an awesome loss! Since surgery I have lost 3.6kg. Actually got on the scales today and it looks like I've gained 500gms! It's probably nothing, but I was a bit disappointed when I saw it. Like you, I find liquids easy but purées seem a bit difficult. eggs really seem to give me a bit of pain, so trying to steer clear of them even though I love them!!

I still can't eat eggs and I used to love them before the surgery!

With regards to the weighing thing - I actually made a decision to not have scales in the house; I know I would be constantly checking otherwise and it would be demoralising when I didn't lose or had a gain.

So I weigh myself once a week at work. I usually weigh in today but am having an RDO so will do it tomorrow instead. As I work in a hosptial, I trust their scales to be relatively accurate but I am also checking my measurements too.

I've not had a stall yet but I am almost at the six month mark so expect to get one soon. it's going to be tough, I know so I am trying to prepare myself as I've gotten quite used to consistent losses :)

Good luck! Don't let the scales rule you though!

I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but it's just too tempting when they're on my bathroom floor!!! May need my husband to hide them and only bring them out once a week for me??

Hi Angiep, we are about the same I am 101.5 & have lost 9 k have about 24 to go want to get to 77 but my surgeon will be happy with 80. Like you I have my scales in the bathroom it's just too tempting not to jump own them but I have noticed my weight can vary during the day, think I better put them away & just weigh once a week.

With regards to the weighing thing - I actually made a decision to not have scales in the house; I know I would be constantly checking otherwise and it would be demoralising when I didn't lose or had a gain.

So I weigh myself once a week at work. I usually weigh in today but am having an RDO so will do it tomorrow instead. As I work in a hosptial' date=' I trust their scales to be relatively accurate but I am also checking my measurements too.

I've not had a stall yet but I am almost at the six month mark so expect to get one soon. it's going to be tough, I know so I am trying to prepare myself as I've gotten quite used to consistent losses :)

Good luck! Don't let the scales rule you though![/quote']

Lila, you are lucky to have avoided stalls so far. I have had them constantly since the beginning and am having another one now. Some people seem to get them and others don't.

I have scales in my bathroom and I seem obsessed by getting on them every day. I think you are very strong Lila to not have them in the house.

Aussiegirl, good to hear your ankle has mended.

I am six weeks post op and one of my favorite meals is a scrambled egg and a small spoon of baked Beans. I have just discovered Coles brand Organic baked Beans and really love them. Haven't had any problems with the egg so far. It's interesting to see how everyone has different tolerances to food after this op.

Hi Aussies, I put this on a thread but I am keen for responses. Everything has been wonderful for me. I am very happy with my weight loss and all was going well until about 3 weeks ago. I am finding that I can eat less and less. I live on liquids and if I eat I slime and throw up for at least 3 hours. My surgeon wants to try and stretch my sleeve. Has anyone experienced this. I was sleeved on 14/11 and have lost 27 kg.

I have scales in my bathroom and I seem obsessed by getting on them every day. I think you are very strong Lila to not have them in the house.

Aussiegirl' date=' good to hear your ankle has mended.

I am six weeks post op and one of my favorite meals is a scrambled egg and a small spoon of baked Beans. I have just discovered Coles brand Organic baked Beans and really love them. Haven't had any problems with the egg so far. It's interesting to see how everyone has different tolerances to food after this op.[/quote']

I love beans on toast for Breakfast too and have been making my own mix. Look up Boston bean recipes on www.taste.com.au. YUM!

Hhmmmm.... You guys all keep your scales in the bathroom? I keep mine next to the fridge, in the kitchen. I jump on the scales every time I go to the fridge or pantry and then decide wether I should eat anything or not. My scales have a name, its "I-hate-you" because I call it that every time I see the same number or god forbid, an increase.

Hhmmmm.... You guys all keep your scales in the bathroom? I keep mine next to the fridge' date=' in the kitchen. I jump on the scales every time I go to the fridge or pantry and then decide wether I should eat anything or not. My scales have a name, its "I-hate-you" because I call it that every time I see the same number or god forbid, an increase.[/quote']

Good thinking, never thought to put the scales near the fridge!

scales near the fridge? OMG if I did that I'd never eat anything :) It's obviously working for you though Puppyphat - you look amazing.

Speaking of scales, I weighed in today and am down to 110.5kg. Lost 1.5kg this week - looks like the weight loss might be slowing down a bit. Not unhappy although it would have been awesome to get under that 110 :) next week!

I try and weigh myself just once a week but I must admit I think we all tended to jump on the scales more than once a week in the early days as it was kind of like witnessing magic as the weight dropped off - not so good if there was a slight gain!

Anyway, weight has stabilised and had my GP visit yesterday - she doesn't want me to lose anymore so all good on that, however .... My cholesterol is still at 5.6 (I am blaming my new found sweet tooth!) and I am anemic so I have to add an Iron supplement and try and eat more red meat - talk about a balancing act! It is actually quite hard to stay healthy when you actually start to care about it!! ????????

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I know it's bad, but I weigh myself every morning and record or just once a week. Because I try to change up how I eat, I like to keep track of what I feel works. I must admit though, it's a little depressing when I have been a model student and drop nothing for three or so days, then excitement to drop a kg and half overnight. Aren't our bodies crazy amazing things!

Wow Sue, can't wait for the time when my surgeon says to me that he doesn't want me to lose anymore weight, it just sounds surreal :-) congratulations

Just saw my NUT for my 6month visit. Waiting to see the psych and the surgeon, but receptionist and dietician were floored with how much weight I've lost. Was 56kg on their scales and told the nut that yesterday I ate a snack size bag of popcorn, 1 lamb cutlet, a tablespoon of sweet potato, 1/2 cup of green salad, 4 prawns and 1/2 a slice of Black Forest cake.

She said that its great that I don't need to feel guilty about eating "special occasion" food and to go for it, but only on special occasions.

She asked if I'm still actively trying to lose weight, and you know, I had to think about it. I am not trying to stop losing, but obviously, if I'm eating cake, I'm not going too crazy trying to lose.

I'm only low in Vitamin D at the moment so need to get more sun.

I'll keep you updated if anything fun or interesting happens with the psych or the surgeon, but so far, its all good.