Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I had my 3rd episode of throwing up in 3 months tonight. Went out for Chinese. Thought I had been careful about what I ate and how quickly but all of a sudden it came back up. Felt better straight afterwards, but I do try and avoid this happening. Two of the times this happened it was after eating rice.

Deb that is great news all went smoothly for you. Just going to get better and you will see a huge improvement in your lifestyle.

I have been working out at the gym about 4 days a week and 2 personal training sessions a week as well so really happy with my progress. My aim is to lose 8 kgs by Christmas/new year which will put me into double digits which I can't ever remember being there...when people ask me how much more I've got to lose and I say about 30 they all don't think I will be able to lose that much as I will be to thin for my body. Nice feeling not being the fatty in the room anymore, I was always the biggest at work so such a nice feeling:)

Hope everyone else is going well

It's quite peculiar, isn't it? No hunger and no inclination to eat... Had my op on Wed 14th, out on Sat. I've been feeling quite weak, so tonight I pureed about 40g salmon. Fast forward 2 hours and I still hadn't finished! Ah well, back in the fridge for tomorrow nights tea. Since my op I've lost 5.2kg. I'm making sure I get at least 1L of Water too.

Deb that is great news all went smoothly for you. Just going to get better and you will see a huge improvement in your lifestyle.

I have been working out at the gym about 4 days a week and 2 personal training sessions a week as well so really happy with my progress. My aim is to lose 8 kgs by Christmas/new year which will put me into double digits which I can't ever remember being there...when people ask me how much more I've got to lose and I say about 30 they all don't think I will be able to lose that much as I will be to thin for my body. Nice feeling not being the fatty in the room anymore' date=' I was always the biggest at work so such a nice feeling:)

Hope everyone else is going well[/quote']

Hi Shelley, you are so good with your exercise. I am struggling to get into routine because I am travelling so much. I want to lose another 6kg by Christmas when we go to NQ. Good to set new goals and yes it does feel good to not be the chubby one in the room any more.

Wow, Shelley, you sure have a strong exercise program....I have never ever Been a keen exerciser! Maybe that will change once I lose more weight, and my short legs can actually carry the body attached to them!

Gosh! Ozeedonkee, you are keen to try the salmon....I was told ONLY anything that will go through a straw smoothly, for the first week. Tomorrow I will move to the next phase, which I have to check in my dietry booklet.

Wow' date=' Shelley, you sure have a strong exercise program....I have never ever Been a keen exerciser! Maybe that will change once I lose more weight, and my short legs can actually carry the body attached to them!

Gosh! Ozeedonkee, you are keen to try the salmon....I was told ONLY anything that will go through a straw smoothly, for the first week. Tomorrow I will move to the next phase, which I have to check in my dietry booklet.[/quote']

Well, he told me to move to purée over the weekend. And I pureed it to within an inch of it's life :) I'll start eating vegies mostly

Hi guys, great to see everybody doing so well. I've hit a bit of a slump this week. I have to go back to work tomorrow, really don't feel that I'm ready to, but I absolutely need to. This is the first stall I have encountered, with a gain of 1.5kg. This is, however, after a loss of 4.5kg in 1 week. I know that it was mostly Water weight because I wasn't eating or drinking and that I've rehydrated so it came back, but I still don't like seeing the scale moving up. I've also been grazing more as I've been at home and have done ZERO exercise. I have my 3.5 month visit with the NUT and surgeon on Thursday. When I first met the NUT she asked me what my goal was. I told her that it was about 60kg, although I would love to get to 58kg. She told me that only about 20% of people get to their healthy bmi and that they would realistically expect me to lose about 60-80% of my excess weight. I'm so excited to go in on Thursday and jump on the scales and flaunt my healthy bmi. No looking back. No regrets. Love the new me. Just need a bit more oomph and motivation.

Congratulations Puppyphat! That's an amazing achievement. My surgeon told me that the 60-80% was just in the first year though and that she had every expectation that I would meet the goal (which I put down as 73kg - a lot more than your goal but I am hoping that I might be a bit taller???).

Hi Deb and welcome! Congrats on your surgery - it's all ahead of you now! You too Ozeedonkee :) I hope things settle down for you both and you reach your goals!

Hello all, I went back to work today for the first time in three months. I only stayed until 2:30 and man, I am wiped out. I can't believe how tired I am! Had lunch at work - a quarter of a ham, cheese and Tomato sandwich - it took an hour to eat it but it stayed down :)

I am on normal foods now which is great. I eat very little which I knew before the surgery would be the case but I get such a kick out of how little I eat. I am not trying not to eat much, I simply can't eat much. I just eat often now, every two hours or so during the day if I can manage it. I find that my body tells me if I need food now which I don't remember experiencing before (or if I did, I was able to ignore it).

I have been having crackers as Snacks which has been really good. I am going to keep a packet of lesnack in my bag at all times from now on for food "emergencies" lol and some nuts. I am finding that the hardest thing is remembering to be prepared.

I tried a soft drink over the weekend. This is what I found - I can get away with a few sips but do NOT try to drink a whole glass for two reasons. One, it is so damn sickly sweet I feel like I need to brush my teeth and two, the bubbles do not sit well (yet). Not painful just gassy and uncomfortable. A good reason to avoid them for sure!

I find that I can have carbs (I know some people struggle with this) but just very little - bread sits okay, I just get really full. I had a little Pasta recently (none since lol) and I can eat about 5-6 pieces of spiral Pasta and that is it. Rice is just as bad.

Generally I am finding the best stuff is veggies and some kind of Protein, mostly red meat for Iron. I am going to try some fresh fruit tomorrow and yoghurt for lunch which I am looking forward to since I just haven't been able to fit any fruit in since the surgeries.

Anyway, things continue to improve very slowly. Hope you're all well!

Cheers, Lila

Thank you....my goal is to lose around 35-38 kgs.... Some may say, wow that's not much, but sadly it is....I almost tipped the 100kgs before my decision to have the surgery. Yes, you may say ...that's not crazy overweight compared to some on here. BUT, I am only barely 5 feet tall.... !! So yes, it is extremely overweight for someone my height. I will be extremely happy if I reach 60kgs, but will also be happy around 65 too...we'll see how things go....I was ecstatic when I broke out of the 90's, last Friday after my surgery... And a very happy and satisfied smile appears on my face each time I see a change in that number! :-)

Hello all, I went back to work today for the first time in three months. I only stayed until 2:30 and man, I am wiped out. I can't believe how tired I am! Had lunch at work - a quarter of a ham, cheese and Tomato sandwich - it took an hour to eat it but it stayed down :)

I am on normal foods now which is great. I eat very little which I knew before the surgery would be the case but I get such a kick out of how little I eat. I am not trying not to eat much, I simply can't eat much. I just eat often now, every two hours or so during the day if I can manage it. I find that my body tells me if I need food now which I don't remember experiencing before (or if I did, I was able to ignore it

I have been having crackers as Snacks which has been really good. I am going to keep a packet of lesnack in my bag at all times from now on for food "emergencies" lol and some nuts. I am finding that the hardest thing is remembering to be prepared.

I tried a soft drink over the weekend. This is what I found - I can get away with a few sips but do NOT try to drink a whole glass for two reasons. One, it is so damn sickly sweet I feel like I need to brush my teeth and two, the bubbles do not sit well (yet). Not painful just gassy and uncomfortable. A good reason to avoid them for sure!

I find that I can have carbs (I know some people struggle with this) but just very little - bread sits okay, I just get really full. I had a little Pasta recently (none since lol) and I can eat about 5-6 pieces of spiral Pasta and that is it. Rice is just as bad.

Generally I am finding the best stuff is veggies and some kind of Protein, mostly red meat for Iron. I am going to try some fresh fruit tomorrow and yoghurt for lunch which I am looking forward to since I just haven't been able to fit any fruit in since the surgeries.

Anyway, things continue to improve very slowly. Hope you're all well!

Cheers, Lila

Well done lila, to save me going back on past posts, when did you have your surgery. Where, how much did you start at, where are you now. It is so good to see how fellow Aussie sleevers are going.... Thank you for your post. All the best.

Debbie

Hi everyone,

My names Dean. In a 43 years old, married with 8 year old twin girls. I'm a Detective with the Queensland Police.

I had my surgery on the 7th Nov (12 days ago) and I'm feeling pretty good.

My starting weight was 137kgs (301.4) After the 2 week pre op diet I was 130kgs (286) on the day of surgery.

After the first week I was happy to lose another 5 kgs (11) and was at 125kgs (275). So 12kg (26.4) in total.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. This week my weight seems to have really slowed, it looks like I'll lose about a pound, maybe. I'm not too worried, I know this is a long road, but I was surprised that the weight loss slowed up so quickly.

All the best,

Dean

I've just been reading back through this thread. You're all doing an amazing, inspirational job. Very cool to see people at various stages, from pre op to people at goal all helping each other. Nice. Deano

Well done lila, to save me going back on past posts, when did you have your surgery. Where, how much did you start at, where are you now. It is so good to see how fellow Aussie sleevers are going.... Thank you for your post. All the best.

Debbie

My surgery was September 3 but I got a leak, then a whole heap of other stuff that kept me in hospital for 2 months. So my journey isn't a normal one :)