Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Everyone staying in hospital for so many days makes me concerned that I am only in for 1 night!! I want to stay longer and am happy to pay to do so! Anyone else stay for only 1 night?

Woo hooooo! I'm going home! Doc has just allowed free fluids for two weeks :) yippee! One happy little sleever right now!

I'll no doubt be checking back in soon with more questions after I start trying different foods!

I was told a minimum of three days in hosp. I seems weird that they would only allow one.. I don't think that's enough time to even test how much Fluid you can handle. Hmm maybe check it out with the hospital again?

I agree, one night does not sound like much. I personally would be asking for at least another. I was in Friday for op and home Sunday and that was just enough but I had no issues/pain at all.

Hi everyone, times ticking down for me now so I thought i'd get onto ordering my Optifast. I remember reading u could get it online heaps cheaper???? Any help would be great.

Lila hope your doing well.

Sounds like your doing well Susie.

Scotty

Excellent Susie! I bet your glad to be home! Thanks to you and Shell, I agree with you both it's not enough. I will be in Tuesday morning and home Wednesday- I have to travel from gold coast to Brisbane and back again on Tuesday, I would rather stay in at least another night before travelling home again. I'm starting to get very nervous. Asking myself is this real??! I got all my "affairs" in order the other day...just incase. Now to clean the crap out of my home and organise food for the girls. My ex mother in law is staying at my house and looking after them. I think that is making me very nervous too!! Lol. She is one of these types who has a separate formal dining and lounge room that no one is every allowed to enter- i remeber going in there for some privacy to breast feed my daughter years ago and when my partner saw me in there he nearly passed out from the panic! No one had ever sat on the lounge before. Her home is like a prize home! Lol

Scotty I think u can get it cheaper online and the prices vary quite a lot at different pharmacies. I get mine from Amal as it convenient more than anything. coffee is really nice and so are the chocolate bars. Heaps of fluids as I'm sure you already know- but if you can handle herbal teas these help a lot for the tummy grumbles. I personally like the lemon and ginger from twinnings as it settles my tummy when I'm absolutely starving.

Thanks Kayargh,

I have another ? for you guys, Im travelling to have my op, but my surgeon wants me to stay in the area for 2 weeks after the surgery in case any complications arise and we can sort it out straight away. I cant really afford to stay somewhere for 2 weeks so am coming home. Its only a couple of hours away but havent got many options. What would you do??

Scotty

Hey scotty, you're at the Oclinic right? he is a very good surgeon, but he is somewhat stricter on his post op plan. That why he has so few complications I guess. You will be in hospital for 4 nights, can you stay long enough to round out the week? I just worry because his residents operate out of concord hospital and if you have an emergency, god forbid, you need to get there ASAP. I live in western sydney so am about 45 mins drive in good traffic from the hospital. I was worried that I was too far away and made sure all my close family knew how to get to concord.

Where do you live? What's the back up plan if something should require treatment?

Just tried to eat a diet vanilla berry jelly which I used to LOVE! It was so sickeningly sweet I only got down 2 bites! How does that happen?! Like how can stomach surgery change how I taste food? ? So crazy!

Just tried to eat a diet vanilla berry jelly which I used to LOVE! It was so sickeningly sweet I only got down 2 bites! How does that happen?! Like how can stomach surgery change how I taste food?? So crazy!

I didn't have any trouble with the Protein shakes until after surgery. Too sweet. I did a bad thing the other day. I made a lemon meringue pie for my dad and as I'm on purée, figured I could have a teaspoon or two, WRONG!!! Even with the sourness of the lemon it still tasted gross. I apologized to every1 for making it wrong and they all said it was fine. At least I know I won't be replacing my Protein with lemon meringue pie.

Hi I

Hi I was sleeve Monday 3/9 no problem what so eva no pain,gas,dried mouth.I had to ask my Dr if she did do the op.The only thing Im diabetic and my sugars went haywire.I was let home Wednesday morning,bit tender I can keep a fair bit down usually have 2 shakes per day and diet cordial.Had some chicken noodle Soup drained of course.

• I know a few of you were chatting with Leila S she was done a few hours before me,I went and saw her the morning I was told I can go poor thing she had a couple of complications I hope she is at her resort at Coolangatta relaxing.

Julie

Thanks Kayargh' date='

I have another ? for you guys, Im travelling to have my op, but my surgeon wants me to stay in the area for 2 weeks after the surgery in case any complications arise and we can sort it out straight away. I cant really afford to stay somewhere for 2 weeks so am coming home. Its only a couple of hours away but havent got many options. What would you do??

Scotty[/quote']

Hi Scotty, 2 weeks seems pretty extreme. I would have thought a couple of days max after leaving hospital. The only thing that could go wrong is a leak and they check for that while you are in hospital, plus t's very rare. As long as you are following all instructions, surely it would be safe to go home??? I would myself.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi I was sleeve Monday 3/9 no problem what so eva no pain' date='gas,dried mouth.I had to ask my Dr if she did do the op.The only thing Im diabetic and my sugars went haywire.I was let home Wednesday morning,bit tender I can keep a fair bit down usually have 2 shakes per day and diet cordial.Had some chicken noodle Soup drained of course.

[*']I know a few of you were chatting with Leila S she was done a few hours before me,I went and saw her the morning I was told I can go poor thing she had a couple of complications I hope she is at her resort at Coolangatta relaxing.

Julie

Hi Jules, I am glad it all went smoothly for you. Many of us have been worried about Lila as we aven't heard from her. I hope she is ok now and they complications weren't too serious.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi Scotty' date=' 2 weeks seems pretty extreme. I would have thought a couple of days max after leaving hospital. The only thing that could go wrong is a leak and they check for that while you are in hospital, plus t's very rare. As long as you are following all instructions, surely it would be safe to go home??? I would myself.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

If the surgeon is the same as mine, I didn't have a leak test. I didn't even have to prove that I could keep fluids down. I had the drip taken out on the 5th day, had a couple of sips of Water and went home. I think the long hospital stay will work to Scotty's advantage if he does have to travel immediately home.