Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Weeks Sleever Challenge!

Toward the end of each VerticalSleeveTalk.com food, change up your exercise routine or lend someone a helping hand. There’s no pass-fail on this, and we encourage you to try again and again until you are confident that you’ve met the challenge.

Current Challenge: New Recipe!

Within the next two weeks, your challenge is to try a new recipe that you have never tried before. It needs to be healthy, of course, and fit into your meal plan. A good way to start is to look at our recipes, try a new ingredient or use a different combination of spices. Good luck, and tell us how it goes by posting a reply to this topic! The forum is a good place to help out anyone else who needs ideas for a new recipe.

I'll play. I tried Egg Face's Protein Ice Cream recipe and I'm in heaven! It's yummy and gets me an extra shot of protein...plus I get ice cream again! :)

Ohhhh... I tried a lemon garlic chicken tenderloins!!!!! They were marinated to perfection and sauteed in 0 fat....

I could only get a couple of bites in, but I am on the mushy stage and it was easy to grind this up to the consistency I needed before cooking. My family loved them too and never asked if they had meat in them. I'm not a vegetarian but these were still so good.

Cheddar-Stuffed Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers

Ingredients

1 can black Beans (14 ounces), drained and rinsed

1 10-ounce package cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced

1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted

1 small onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 T balsamic vinegar

1 1/2 t ground cumin

1/4 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 egg

4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place mushrooms in a food processor and pulse several times until coarsely chopped. Tear the bread into pieces and add to the food processor, along with the Beans, onion, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixed but still chunky, then add egg and pulse a few more times. Divide the mixture into four. Take a quarter of the mixture and form a ball, placing the cheddar cheese inside and then flattening the ball into a burger shape. (TIP: Slice cheese in 1" cubes for easy insertion.) Repeat with the other three patties. Place patties on nonstick baking sheet. Set baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and allow to bake for 20 minutes, until outside is crispy. Serve with baked potato wedges and a green salad. (calories not included.)

Makes four patties.

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 244.5

• Total Fat: 8.2 g
  • Cholesterol: 66.2 mg
  • Sodium: 439.9 mg
  • Total Carbs: 24.9 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 7.8 g
  • Protein: 17.2 g

This is not so much a new recipe - because not much cooking is involved - but this week, I'm trying a new food.....LAMB TONGUES! I like lamb and was going to buy some at the farmers' market, but it was pretty pricy, and then I spotted the tongues, which were only a few bucks a pound. SOLD!

Blackberry, Have you tried the lamb tongue yet? If so, please post a recipe. I love lamb chops, but they are way too expensive for me to buy often. I might be interested in trying the lamb tongue, though.

To keep my questions separate from recipes, here's what is for dinner at Casa Lissa tonight:

In 1.5 quart crockpot, put 2 small pieces of frozen steak, add frozen cauliflower, 2 small roma tomatoes, diced, 1/2 a can of V8 juice (4 oz), 2 small green onions, chopped, and 2 pieces of garlic, whole. Cook for 4-6 hours on low, stir and enjoy. Yummy.

Gives me 2 servings of veggies and my Protein for this evening. For a sleever, 2-3 servings.

We had ground turkey tacos for Cinco de Mayo... :D

I made my own version of PF Chang's lettuce wraps.

I chopped up carrots, celery, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, and almonds. I diced 2 chicken breasts and cooked them in olive oil. Tossed in the chopped veggies and made a sauce from soy sauce, dijon mustard, vinegar, chopped garlic, and a bit of agave Syrup. I also tossed in some spices.

After everything was well cooked I served them in boston lettuce leaves. YUM!

(Sorry I don't know the amounts of anything because I didn't measure of keep track of amounts.)

I can cross my legs! One right over the other just like I used to back in the day. It's the little things, you know?

So today I tried a new version of pizza. A low carb wheat tortilla topped with about 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, a cup of fresh spinach, a small Tomato sliced, half of a sliced chicken breast, a few sprinkles of McCormick salt free all-purpose seasoning. I put in the oven for about 5 minutes on 350 and then switched to broil for about 3. I must say it was delicious!

Mini meatloaf, Cinnamon Protein PB sandwhiches (made with Protein powder), and chocolate protein truffles

post-44645-1381366973919_thumb.jpg

post-24683-13813659025906_thumb.jpg

post-24683-13813659026784_thumb.jpg

post-24683-13813659027649_thumb.jpg

post-24683-13813659028643_thumb.jpg

The recipes I use can be found at theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

The whoopie pie cookie sammies are from her Protein donut recipe.