Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Anxiety Is Killing Me! Anybody Else?

I am soooo excited that I made the decision to be sleeved. My surgery is May 15th. Since getting approved, several things have gone wrong at my house and for a second after each incident, I considered the things going on might cause me to delay surgery. So I wasnt allowing myself to get too excited about it. Now that it seems the dark clouds are passing, it's really starting to sink in...I AM HAVING LIFE CHANGING SURGERY....I cant wait to be on the other side of it!!! The anxiety/excitement is killing me!! LOL, I find myself feeling out of sorts today and trying to keep myself busy. I have worked since I was 16 but am now a stay at home mommy with only one left that stays home all day so I find myself thinking about surgery WAAAAAYYY too much...I feel like I am jumping up and down inside all day...hehhehe

Anybody else??

I'm very anxious to have the surgery. I know that day will be here very soon, but until then it seems like the weeks drag on. I have to keep in mind that I've live with the extra weight for YEARS!!!!... what's a few more weeks. I can't wait to start dropping weight though. It's a VERY EXCITING thought!!!!!

I cant wait for the energy boost...I have definitely felt better since first seeing the NUT. She definitely has me seeing food differently. I have lost 6 lbs on my own. The more I pay attention to what kinds of things I am eating, the better I feel. But this weight still drags me down. I cant wait to have that energy back. So many things I love doing I havent done in forever because its painful and exhausting to be too physical...Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait...LOL

I was the same way, it will be here before you know it. Enjoy your journey!

I have seen a huge drop in my energy levels within the last 6 months, so I know the weight is taking it's toll on me... along with my 1 year old. I can't wait to have the energy to keep up with him.

@swimmer, I am going to do just that!!

I totally get how you feel, I have to wait until 1st of June and it is killing me. So ready for this major change in my life. I am excited to finally feel like me again and not the girl who hides in the back of the room watching others and wishing I could get my confidence back. I can't wait to be the one who walks in the room and says " hey everyone, I'm here!!!"

Yep...I feel the same way...I used to be really outgoing. Now I only get that way after getting to know people...I hate drawing attention to myself!

Same here, my husband is always asking me " why do you wear so much black?" - so no one see's me. I told the doc - I want to live in color !! Lol

May 14th here!! I am feeling the same way! I have 4 children. I also have worked since 16 years old and I am a most of the time stay at home mom for my last little girl right now. Just work part time. I can't wait to have more energy to keep up with her and less pain! woohooo!!! yay for us!!!!!!!! Only 18/19 more days for us!!!

Wow you sound a lot like me. My surgery is may 7 th. I'm a mommy of four they are amazing with only one at home during day. In so nervous, scared and excited all at the same time. I can't wait till its done and I'm recovered.

I am sooo excited for all of us! I can't wait to see what our "new life" looks like!!

OMG!,, you guys read my mind. I am scheduled for May 30th and it feels like forever but I am getting nervous. I am also still on maternity leave from work and stay home with my twins who are 9 and a half months. It gives me way to much time to think. Second guess my decission and also dream about the new me and how amazing my new life will be. I feel all over the place with my thoughts when I'm not busy( not that the kids don't keep me busy) but you know what I mean. These next 33 days are going to be crazy.

The anxiety is killing me too! My surgery date is 5/21 but may be 5/14. I'm not sure until I go for the pre op on Monday. How do I stop being scared out of my mind. I try to be positive but everyday I read about complications.....ARRGGHHHH... why can't I just not think about the negatives!? I'm still happy though. My faith is in God and he will bring me through or not.

Im terrified. Almost to the point of crying. My surgery is May fourteenth and I've never had surgery before. Feeling extreemly nervous, have lots of anxiety and everything. Almost feel like I'm going to chicken out.