Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold All The Time Including My Nose!

I was sleeved 13 day ago. Since surgery I've been cold which is strange as I've always been overheated!

Also my nose is old too!!!

Any else experience the ?

Your body is adjusting to the weight loss surgery for sure. I was cold the first few weeks! I am back to more of a normal, but not hot all the time like I used to be.

I was really cold for awhile after wls. I heard that it can last up to 2 years so I'm hoping for a cool summer. LOL It will pass. ;)

I woke up from surgery cold! Thanks to my thyroid I was already chilly but I'm cold all the time now. My husband turned up the AC and I was in sweats and long shirt. I started tanning and not as cold now haha.

it's nice to see i'm not the only one! lol i was so cold 3 days post-op i was chilling. would've sworn i had a fever, but nope, just cold :) glad to see it was normal lol

OH YES!! Me too!! I've always been so very, very hot. Everyone around me in shorts and tee shirts and I'd be the one with sweat running down my back. Now I'm freezing all the time. We keep the house about 4-6 degrees hotter now than ever before and I'm still sleeping with my heated mattress pad on. I finally hit week 4 and just within the last few days, I almost feel a little more normal. But...we'll see!

I use to be the one dripping tubs of sweat all the time. I was sleeved in November 2011. Now I FREEZE all the time and I live in Texas. I can no longer sleep with the fan on and rarely turn on the AC. I wear sweat shirts and turn on the heat in my classroom. I can't wait to get to my car in the afternoons to get warm. I sleep in pants and long sleeves now. My husband likes the cheap electric bills. LOL. Hope it lasts!!

I'm 3 1/2 months out and I stay cold. Maybe its because I don't have that extra 60lbs on my body. I'm wearing a sweater all day and I live in Texas and its in the 80's now.

This is my first post, not sure what I'm doing. Getting my sleeve on Monday. Getting used to the pre-surgery diet, but still not liking it. Went to my mom and dad's house, they were sitting at the kitchen table eating my favorite fried chicken, dooh!!!

I was sleeved 13 day ago. Since surgery I've been cold which is strange as I've always been overheated!

My first week home I was FREEZING all the time! My husband thought I was crazy since it was warm in the house. Its just now that I am able to feel warm and at a normal body temp. It does go away after a while post-op so hang in there.

I'm always cold too!! Glad I'm not alone. I also live In Texas and was always hit. Not anymore freezing all the time!!!

I so hope I'm posting one day about being cold. I am soooo hot natured I'm sure due to my weight. I'm tired of breaking a sweat at the least little exertion. It's just awful especially when I keep my air low!

~Amy

I was sleeved 9 days ago in Texas also and I too am cold. Thanks for the post it is good to read this will pass with time.