Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anticipating A Denial

I received verbal approval from BCBSIL today and they are generating the letter to me & surgeon. Surgeon will call them for verbal today. I have a 2 hour class this Wed. & next Wed. and they will set up the schedule for the Meal Replacements for the liquid diet and schedule the surgery. Not sure how long this process will take.

My Paperwork was faxed on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 and I received verbal approval April 30, 2012! Yay!

Good luck and keep me posted when you guys hear.

Mina that is fantastic!!! So happy for you! Keep posting your progress and all the steps you have to do. I can't wait to be at that point. Will continue the prayers ( faith and prayers are working). :-)

Yay Mina!!

I'm so happy for you. I'm still waiting to hear and I am so anxious. I want to call them but technically the insurance has only had it since late Thursday afternoon. Keep us informed of your progress. Good Luck!!

Bo maybe you and I will get our notices a day or so apart lol. MIne was submitted Friday so I am counting down the days till I should call. But to me one day is already too long :lol:

Oh Dixiie... I so feel you. I'm giving them until tomorrow and I'm calling. I will keep you posted :)

Dixie and BoBann, good luck to you both!!! I will be waiting to hear some good news from you both. I don't have a surgery date, I will let you know what happens on Wed. I am thinking it will be going through the pre-op and post op diet, going through my medications and what I need to stop prior to, and setting up maybe an ekg, etc. I'll let you know on Wed. what this is about. I know every doctor is different, I'm just hoping this information will eventually help someone wondering what the procedures are when going through Healthy4Life of St. Mary's/Community Healthcare in Indiana.

Ok all of my new found friends....I did it... I called the insurance. It's been APPROVED!!! Yay!! The insurance company can't fax the letter though. It has to go through the mail and it can take up to two weeks. At least we are over the approval hurdle :) next step is to get the pre surgery stuff out of the way and move on to a surgery date... Yay!!

Congrats BoBann! Yay, when I found out I was approved, I immediately called my surgeon's office told them and they got the ball rolling on my next step, which is the class tomorrow. I'll update you tomorrow when I find out exactly what that entails. Dixie & Irish, waiting on good news about your approvals!!!

Funny you should mention that because I just got approved! Yay! My class is Thursday and my surgery is May 23. Whoot! Whoot!

I called the insurance company (Delta) and they said the drs office had to call the physicians line at Anthem. They would not give me a customer service number. I broke down and called the surgeons office (even though they ask patients not to in their intake paperwork) and they said they hadn't heard anything but did provide me with number. SOOoooo I called Anthem and they say they have no paperwork on me!!! Aaaggghhh!!! I call the surgeons office back and they swear they faxed the auth request 3 weeks ago :( :( :( I'm so upset. I have waited so patiently and have been stressing so much. Now it starts all over :( this is really driving me crazy

Isn't Delta just dental insurance? What insurance do you have? If you have Anthem (BCBS) you can call them yourself. There will be a 1800# on the back of your card. Identify yourself as a member and you will be routed to member services. Then just tell them a preauthorization/preapproval/predetermination (whatever the case is) has been submitted for you, and you want to see what the status of it is.

There are almost always some kinks, but Anthem has probably the quickest turnaround time that I've seen. (I've been insured through a few different companies, used to work for a few, and still do consulting with several). For my approval through them it took about 2 or 2.5 days.

Congrats BoBann & everyone else who has been recently approved!! I've been following your thread and hoping that all would go well for you!!!! Just checked in today to see your great news!!! Yay!!

:) ................I personally hate calling for anything!!! But sometimes after a phone call is made it doesn't seem as bad! Especially when you receive great news!!! Congrats again!!!

Congrats BoBann. You & I will be rocking or sleeves soon. To the member with Anthem, be persistent. I'll bet the doctor's office DID SEND the paperwork. Don't they normally do that online electronically by scanning the paperwork so it can never get lost. I work for a large insurance company. Paperwork is no longer faxed or mailed. It's all done electronically. Prayers going your way for approval.

Yay Irish!! I'm so hoping mine gets scheduled soon.

@ Wheetsin

I have Delta Health Systems through Fresno Unified. It's administered by anthem so the # on the card is to Delta. Delta wouldn't give me the number but the drs office did. I called again this morning and got a verbal on the approval.

Thanks Artsy.... Keep me informed of your progress and I will do the same.