Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Here...

Joni
Sign in to follow this  

I went for my 1 month follow up with the Doctor yesterday and he said I was doing great. I can start taking my meds whole and start eating solid food but not dry. I need to try to avoid rice, Pasta and white fluffy bread. So I went out today and got a salad and topped with hard boiled eggs cheese ranch and sunflower seeds shook it up and ate about 5 bites and was full. At first I thought well that went down ok. But then about 15 minutes after I felt horrible and so sick to my stomach I want to throw up. I slipped into my PJs and laid down but then woke up to horrible acid reflux. So I sat in my recliner and drank some Water and still feel awful. I will never eat salad again. What an awful feeling :(

Oh, no! I'm sorry about your experience. Perhaps it was just one ingredient that caused the problems?

I saw my doctor today, too, and he said the same things yours did. He also cleared me for swimming and all other physical activity. Now I can get my exercise program in full swing. I go back to the doctor in two months. When is your next check-up?

Sheila, I am so sorry to hear that you''re not feeling well. I haven't tried salad yet and am/was missing it. Think I will wait a bit. Thanks for sharing..... Get better soon!

Finally feel better after I sat up in chair and took a nap. it took about two hours to start feeling better. i am just now feeling good enough to do some laundry and yes it probably was a mixture of different ingredients in the salad (too much, too soon). Notime--My doctor said the very same thing about exercise too. My next checkup is in two months. I am going away for the weekend and will keep everyone up to date on how that went when I get back. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

I was told not to try salad until 6 wks postop. Also, seeds are a no-no right now. Hope you continue to feel better Sheila and have a nice weekend away. I wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day weekend also.

I'll be going away for a couple days myself with my sister. It will work out great because we like the same things, so whatever she orders, we'll just get an extra plate for me and I'll eat a small bit from that. I'll also take along Protein Powder to make my drinks. Oh, and I purchased a couple different Protein Bars. One is Think Thin in chocolate Peanut Butter. If you've ever had an Atkins bar, it tasted like that. The other has been mentioned in the forums, Power Crunch Protein energy bars. I bought Peanut Butter creme and french vanilla creme. I've only tried the PB, and it was delicious! There are wafers in it which makes it lighter on the stomach. It has 13 gm of Protein, 5 gm of sugar, 12 gm fat (high I know), and 200 cal. So, really it's a meal for us. The vanilla has 205 cal, 12 fat, 5 sugar, and 14 protein. I hope it's good too. I plan on taking those with me while away.

I've been feeling a few spasms at the base of my throat again the last couple days which is a drag. Going to take it easy when drinking for sure.

Hope all is well with others!!

Hi everyone!

I'm scared to try salad too but I want one soooo bad!

I'm feeling better/stronger every day. I have done things on this vaca that I could have never done preop, like hike 5+ miles over cooled lava fields, hike 3+ miles over rocky coastline, & walk 900 ft up very very steep ramp. I have been so happy at how much easier things are after losing only 30 lbs, makes me feel like when I get to goal I can conquer the world! Lol

Yesterday my left side hurt a bit like maybe a pulling/pinching sensation. Not enough to need pain meds but uncomfortable. Any ideas?

Wow! You're doing so well. Planning activities like that would make me tired! I've taken the lava hike and it is a challenge because of the heat as well as the distance. I'm amazed at what all of you can do. It's very inspiring.

What a shame about your pain. I haven't had any on the left side. Could it be from all the exercise you have been getting? How about calling your doctor on Monday to see what he/she says.

Like you, I am surprised at how much easier everything is after losing a few pounds. So many more things are possible now, for example, one of my mini-goals was to be able to put on my own socks and tie my shoes. I wore slip-on shoes whenever my husband wasn't around to help me. Now I can do it myself! I'm meeting lots of my other mini-goals, too.

I improve my walking distance every day and have started deep Water aerobics. I'm enjoying exercise more than ever before and am looking around for other activities.

The pain is almost completely gone. I'm thinking it was the 4WDing in waipio valley yesterday am. It was a rough ride & felt like it was gonna beat me to death!

Notime-congrats on your NSV! Gaining back some independence was one of my goals as well. I hate asking for help! Lol

I've been in a stall and am still at my 48 pounds of weight lost. On the other hand, 48 pounds is a victory in itself! The kicker is that I upped my exercise routine this week because of the doctor's clearance. I know the stall will end and the weight loss will begin again. I refuse to be discouraged.

Notime, wow, 48 lbs! That is awesome! You will come out of this stall in "notime" at all!

notime 48 lbs is INCREDIBLE!! Congrats. I haven't been feeling very well. I have a lump in my throat, and at times it hurts to swallow. After 2 small bites of something, I feel the lump, pain, and burning. I've been waking up early a.m. with a cough, and burning in my throat. No nausea or throwing up, but a real bitter burning feeling in my throat and chest. Don't even want to eat because of it. Called surgeon, they think it's just reflux and doubled the dose of my antacid to try for a week before they would order an upper GI. I kinda wish they would have just gone ahead and ordered it to find out if there is something else going on. I have lost 1 lb in 3 frickin weeks. Whoppee do. I'm a little frustrated in that regard. Feeling a little discouraged and depressed today. I want to be able to eat some, enjoy it, and drink my fluids without a problem. We'll see how it goes...... tomorrow is a new day.

Thanks, Kellie and Joni. By the way, my name is Janet.

Joni, So sorry about your throat. Is it possible it is a regular old sore throat? Probably not because of the bitter burning sensation, but I thought I'd put my two cents in. I bet the weight will come off all of a sudden. Don't despair. It will happen.

Well, nice to know your name, Janet! :) I'm happy to report I lost a pound. And I doubled the antacid, and was able to eat and drink today without pain or burning! I guess it is reflux after all..... whatever, I'm just so relieved I'm better. It's sooo cold here today after the warm beautiful weather we've been having. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hugs to all!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in lately. All is well here in Colorado. I am on my 8 day off stretch and it feels so nice to not have to go to work this week. I have been doing some yard sale-ing, going to the gym and trying out some new recipes that I have run across on Pinterest. One of my favorites is:

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes

1 head cauliflower

2 large eggs

1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated

1/2 c panko

1/2 t cayenne pepper (more of less to taste)

salt

Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling Water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.

The recipe says to put them in the skillet with the olive oil, but I put the mixture into the mini muffin pan and baked them instead...they were Awesome!!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well....Janet, nice to know your name, mine is Naomi. Joni, so glad to hear you are feeling better, that burning sensation had to be miserable.

It's good to hear from you, Naomi and Joni.The recipe sounds delicious, Naomi and your schedule sounds like a killer.

Joni, I'm very glad your throat problems are over.

I have a question for all of you. I keep reading posts that talk about the poster's current weight and clothing size. How does someone who weighs 145 fit into small clothing, or 160 fit into size 8 or 10? Are these people squeezing into clothes that are too small for them or have clothing sizes grown to accomodate our larger and larger population and I am so out of date I haven't realized it?