Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Here...

Joni
Sign in to follow this  

Well so far we have 5 members! Sounds like a good group to me! But I hope some others will see the group and join us. How's everyone feeling today? I have been doing some things around the house and personal care in preparation. The other day I cleaned out my dresser drawers and closet. Then I did the bathroom cupboards. Yesterday I cleaned the frig top to bottom. Yuck, something had spilled in there that wasn't pleasant but it's sparkling now. I've done a pedicure and facial. My daughter gave me a haircut. Actually she chopped it. I asked for a trim from a person who has never cut any hair so I guess I got what I deserved... Yikes it's chin length and not so nice right now. Thank goodness it will grow (unless I lose it all from this surgery, lol). Today I'm going to Walmart for some postop shopping and things for others. Tomorrow I have to work from 8a to 4p but I'm glad cuz that will take up a good part of the day. I'll be off work for 2 weeks after surgery. My surgery is at 7:30 am and I have to be there at 5:30.

It's almost here everyone!! I'm not feeling nervous, a little excited and mostly just want to get it done and over. We are gonna be on the loser's bench soon. Oh, on this preop diet, my starting weight was 212, and today it is 203.5, so a loss of 8.5 lbs. Not bad, my liver better look like a little shrunken prune for that surgeon after all this suffering! :blink::o How's everyone else doing today?

I am doing well. I got over my panic stage a week ago and now I am ready: post-op food in the pantry, supplements on hand, pain prescriptions filled. Met with the doctor yesterday for pre-op exam and I am at 249, 20 lbs lighter than when I started.

Having read the descriptions of others' experiences, I am assuming my surgery will be a breeze with no pain or nausea afterwards. HAHA

Let's get this thing done!

Hi everyone...Joni, thanks for making a group just for us :D

I am so excited that our day is almost here, but I gotta tell ya, I'm scared! I haven't been able to sleep very well either because I feel like I'm second quessing myself and wondering if I'm making a mistake....but deep down, I know this is the right thing to do, I just can't seem to clear my head to get some rest.

I also went and had a manicure, pedicure and a haircut so that I won't be laying in the hospital bed staring at my ugly feet!

I have not gone to the store yet to get anything since the first week is the protien phase and I just got my shipment from Unjury.com. I figure after that, I will go to the store. What all did you buy for your post op?

The second guessing is tough. I stopped it by concentrating on the potential health problems I am trying to avoid.

Haircut this past week and pedicure tomorrow-- I guess we all have the same way of preparing.

Things in my pantry include: 2 types of Protein Powder from GNC; nonfat chicken broth; low fat Tomato and mushroom cream Soup (I can strain the mushroom pieces out); nonfat milk and soy milk; no sugar added Carnation Instant Breakfast; no sugar jello; no sugar pudding; various flavorings for Water (I love plain Water, but heard that some people find water metallic tasting after surgery); and Swiss Miss no sugar added chocolate. It's way too much for one week, but I imagine I can eat it later, too.

I stopped off and had a stylist straighten out my daughter's butcher haircut job on me. :ph34r: I've got Unjury vanilla and chocolate Splendor, some nectar Syntrax sample packs, nonfat dry milk, nonfat chic broth, SF Jello and pudding, true lemon for Water and other flavors, boxed mashed potatoes (to be thinned like soup), 1% cottage cheese (to be pureed), carbmaster and greek yogurts. NUT told me too much sugar in Tomato Soup (which I love), so I should take Tomato juice and add milk - somehow just doesn't seem the same. Gonna do my nails tonight and pluck the old eyebrows! Where the heck is everybody else??

I like the idea of thinning out the potatoes for soup....will definitely use that idea plus the strained cream of mushroom Soup (love that idea). Thanks Ladies!

Thanks for the advice on concentrating on reminding myself why I'm doing this...I work in an Emergency Roon so we see the bad outcomes or the noncompliant patients, so I have seen a few things that scare me, but I know I will be compliant so I shouldn't put so much energy into worrying.

What are you taking to the hospital? How long were you told that you would be there?

I'm getting a little nervous. I too work in the orthopedics department at my hospital. I was told my hospital stay would be 2 days. The first day I can't have anything by mouth and then the second day after the leak test I can have something to drink, 30 ml an hour. I found a smoothie mix at SAMs by yoplait that I mix with silk vanilla soy milk which gives me 16 grams of Protein. I have EAS myoplex with 40 grams of Protein and Syntrax Nectar protein powder that gives you 23 grams of protein to one bottle of Water. I also have SF Jello. I also found some light Hawaiian punch however it has no protein but is considered a Fluid. The mashed potatoes however I thought had too many carbs so I decided to pass on them for now. I will probably buy them when I need a break from the protein. I also have cottage cheese and some beef and chicken brooth and unsweetened applesauce. Good luck to every one tomorrow. I will be 1st case tomorrow so I have to be at the hospital at 6 am. I started at 242 on march 2nd. When I started my liquid diet 2 weeks ago I was 236 and today I am 224.

Wow lots of hospital workers. I don't work in patient care, but am a medical transcriptionist for the University of Michigan and work from home. So I "hear" a lot! Feeling extremely hungry today, and think it's gonna be a long day even though I'm working til 4. Gotta keep busy. I do feel very grateful that I'm first case tomorrow.

Here's my list of what I'm taking to hospital - ear plugs (probably won't use), slippers, kindle, phone, pen and paper, one nightgown, breath strips, and a few toiletries. I'm told I'll be there 2 nights. First thing the morning after I'll have swallow study, then start full liquids. Second morning, go home.

As I sit here with my stomach growling, I became more aware of it and decided to tell it I was sorry cuz tomorrow it was going to get chopped and go through major changes. A new one will be born. It growled louder! I've seen many names for them, sleevina, etc. I haven't come up with one yet. Maybe nanababy/babynana cuz it looks like a banana.., no maybe not, maybe just sleevie. NUT told us to think of it as a newborn. What would you feed your newborn and how would you introduce foods. I liked that, I think it will remind me not to rush things.

Too funny Joni! Sleevie...I love it! Sheila, where do you get the Eas Myoplex? 40 grams of Protein is awesome!

I too am the first surgery case in the morning, I have to be there at 5:30am, surgery start @ 7:30. I may be in for 2-3 nights due to the fact that I am on bipap. Good Luck Everyone :rolleyes: Will check back in after my surgery some time! I will be saying a prayer for all of us!

The myoplex I found at my local grocery store. You can also get it at Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

Ugh i can't seem to get to sleep... To much going through my head. My stomach is growling and a little nervous and excited at the same time.

More nervous now that it is sooooo close.

Hi Everyone...Well, I made it!! I felt really nauseous and vomiting alot day one, but am feeling pretty good today! Looking to go home tomorrow. I feel alot of gas pains, but they say if I keep walking then those will disapate, so I keep moving around. Will post more later...Hope everyone is doing well! I keep you all in my thoughts :rolleyes:

Well I was able to increase my clear liquid intake to 3 oz today. I too felt really nauseous the first day and spent most of my first night wretching after each dose if dilaudid I took which REALLY hurt and left me sore today. A combination of lortab and phenrgan worked. I think the IV meds just hit me too fast. I feel 80% better today. I did 2 laps this am 5 laps with the hubby and kiddos this evening and just finished 3 laps. I hope everyone is ok God bless!

I got to go home Wednesday morning and I passed the Protein challenge of 2 oz and it stayed down. I am up to 3 oz now about every 4 hours and trying to make myself get my Water in, yesterday I only took in 36oz of water, but so far today I am at 28 oz and it's only noon here, so hoping for the best. I got to take off the wound dressings today and wow, I am soo bruised, but they all look good. One is a bit red, but not too awful bad so will just keep an eye on it. No more vomiting since day 1 and I am sleeping better...not as sore or gassy as I was, but still a bit uncomfortable. Can't wait to hear from the rest of you! Hope you are all doing great!