Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Here...

Joni
Sign in to follow this  

I went to my NUT appointment today and was quite surprised to hear that I shouldn't be having the Protein Powder as much as I am. I have a total of 2 scoops of Unjury per day which = 40 grams of Protein. She said that I can have one scoop per day only and that the rest of my protein needs to come from my foods......wonder how much protein I am getting with 6 tablespoons of food per day LOL. Here I was worried that I wasn't getting enough! hmmm!

She said that it may be the reason that I haven't had another BM in 3 days, she said that protein is hard to digest and hard on the kidneys.

She also told me that I need to balance my food and to take in more carbs....again lol...thought carbs were bad! Oh well, learning as I go.

I did get my list of supplements today...B-Complex, B-12, Vitamin D3, calcium citrate.< /p>

Shrimp sounds delicious! Today I am having overcooked mac & cheese with some smoked salmon....liking this :)

Cold, windy, rainy day here in Colorado....What's the weather like where you're at?

Michigan - cloudy, threatened rain all day but didn't, about 63 degrees. How in the world are you going to get in all that Protein from food....I wonder what they'll tell me tomorrow.

In the 70s, and clear in Virginia Beach.

My nutritionist says I should be off all Protein supplements by six months. I am already off them. Just can't take the taste and texture. I am going to make Protein powder ice cream on Thursday or Friday though.

Louisiana~~already hotter than hell, and dry as a bone! LOL

Please tell me how you are getting in your Protein and fluids now. It seemed so easy the first week. The second week was a lot harder, and now the start of the third week, I feel like I'm in trouble. All the Protein Drinks are turning me off bad. Water still goes down the best. And food fills me up so fast after just a couple teaspoons. For example, I would really like to get more protein from food so I don't have to drink those shakes. This morning I tried some greek yogurt which was 12 gm prot for 5.3 oz. I thought great, I'll eat this and have 12 gm done. I ate half and was full. So that was only 6 gm. Tried a Protein Drink, got in approx half for 11.5 gm. My goal for the day is 70 gm protein. I will sip water now, and will have to force other things on myself the rest of the day. Anything that sounds good, like Tomato Soup. I really enjoyed that 1/4 cup for a couple days, now it can gag me to think about. And that's the way it's been going. I like something for a couple days and then NO MORE. I'm throwing out so much. Any suggestions for me?

Joni, One thing I am eating is fake lasagna. Put some ricotta cheese on a small plate. use enough to get in some Proteins, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a cup. Flatten it on the plate until it is about 1/2" or a little more thick. Put spaghetti sauce on top of it , not scads, but certainly enough to cover the ricotta. Put grated mozzarella and parmesan on top. Microwave until heated through. Enjoy. It counts as a liquid, but I chew it up just in case. It doesn't seem to fill me up. It is good, but I would get tired of it if I ate it three meals a day.

Try a different kind of Soup and just eat the broth from it.

Are you eating very slowly? I don't think the yogurt and soup should make you full if you do it slowly.

I have been eating some cottage cheese in the morning, Protein Shake in between each meal (about half), some egg or chicken salad for lunch and again more Protein shake in between, and some egg or chicken salad for supper. For a snack before bed. I bought some pudding that is awesome from Bariatric Choice the you add 4oz of Water and let it set I. The fridge for a couple of hours. That gives me 12 grams of protein per serving and only 7grams of carbs. My Protein Shakes are Myoplex from EAS that has 42 grams of protein I can get one of those down a day.

I am going to try notime's ricotta recipe. I did make eggface's ricotta bake, and it was too rich for me. I think this might be a little easier to take. I've always been a slow eater so that has never been a problem for me. Although, I don't like to stretch eating a 1/2 cup over a half hour...

Sheila, I ordered the hot chocolate from Bariatric Choice with 15 gm prot and will see how that tastes. Anyone else try that?

I had tried Muscle Milk Light RTD before surgery and it was okay. Yesterday I tried one (first one postop) and had to spit it out. I was going to look for more RTD yesterday at the store, but when I got to the aisle, I felt nauseated and like looking at them would make me gag. How weird is that.

Interesting, my unjury vanilla with milk that I had always started my day with and had to be choked down the last few days - this morning, it went down smoothly again. Go figure. Maybe I'm going to be one of these people with off and on tastes. Hit and miss. One day good, next bad. I was really getting scared, but after this morning's drink, I'm feeling so much more optimistic. Please continue to share what you are eating and any ideas. Thanks so much!

Kellie and Dogmom - how's it going?

Hi everyone! :tongue2: How is everyone doing? I have had a long day and I am ready to watch Vampire Diaries season finale in my comfy chair! LOL

I am having sooo much problems getting my Protein in! I bought some different kinds today, but don't have high hopes of being able to choke it down, but Im sure gonna give it a heck of a try! What are yall eating that has Protein but not any kind of cheese? I don't eat cheese in any shape form or fashion, cant stand the smell of it. I am living on scrambled eggs and carnation instant Breakfast, and they are good, but eventually Im going to get tired of them. Oh what I would do for an olive garden salad right now! :unsure: Anyway time is passing and soon we will be back to normal foods, just have to wait it out! I wonder if chicken noodle Soup is ok on mushy without the tiny chunks of chicken? My NUT does not have any carb restrictions on my paperwork, just says to work them in as tolerated?

Also, am I the only lucky (not) one going through a stall? Do any of you still feel swollen? I have lost 24 pounds and seems like my pants are tighter! UUGGGHHHHHH

Hi everyone! :tongue2: How is everyone doing? I have had a long day and I am ready to watch Vampire Diaries season finale in my comfy chair! LOL

I am having sooo much problems getting my Protein in! I bought some different kinds today, but don't have high hopes of being able to choke it down, but Im sure gonna give it a heck of a try! What are yall eating that has Protein but not any kind of cheese? I don't eat cheese in any shape form or fashion, cant stand the smell of it. I am living on scrambled eggs and carnation instant Breakfast, and they are good, but eventually Im going to get tired of them. Oh what I would do for an olive garden salad right now! :unsure: Anyway time is passing and soon we will be back to normal foods, just have to wait it out! I wonder if chicken noodle Soup is ok on mushy without the tiny chunks of chicken? My NUT does not have any carb restrictions on my paperwork, just says to work them in as tolerated?

My nutritionist has stressed that noodles, any kind of Pasta really, and bread and rice are off limit forever. She says they get into the stomach and swell, causing problems.

I was told to just hold off on bread and crackers because they swell and take up room that Protein should have, but as time goes on, they can be reintroduced. I would never be able to give up bread forever!! Yikes.

Anyone tried the bariatric high Protein hot chocolate?

BTW, Protein Shakes went down sooo much easier today. I was so relieved.

I'm glad the Protein Shakes are agreeing with you again.

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in......those first 3 shifts back to work kicked my butt and I spent a couple days sleeping on and off to recoup only to have to pull another 3 shifts (1 more then I have a couple days off). Work has been going good though and I feel pretty good so no complaints on that.

I am only having one Protein Shake a day (28 grams of protein) and trying to get the rest from my food that my NUT suggested, but it sure can't amount to much when I'm only able to eat about 2 Tablespoons per meal. My energy level was really low and she told me to do 1/2 Protein, 1/2 carb at my meals, so I have been doing Smoked Salmon in the pouch with mashed potato or canned peaches or pears. chicken salad goes down wonderfully and I did try the ricotta bake also, but it made way to much...will have to work on that cooking tiny amounts thing!

Some of my friends at work have been bringing me things too....slow cooker pot roast (they will bring me a bit of the potato, carrots and sauce with a tiny piece of meat)....they think they're being funny with the amount they bring me, but it's perfect and it turns out to be a couple meals!

One friend made me some Sugar Free Chocolate mousse that was wonderful.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is healthy and doing well.....gonna get some sleep, talk to you soon :)