Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Hair Hair Everywhere

I think my hair is starting to fall out. I get my Proteins in, Vitamins and Biotin :-(

Yep, and so it begins! LOL Biotin and silica is great for hair regrowth, but doesn't really help too much for preventing Hair loss. Don't worry because it will grow back. I read that we could loose up to 33% of our hair. Some do, and some don't. You will be fine, your hair will just look a little thinner, but your be pretty skinny. Yayyyy! ;)

does everyone lose hair

Omg!! I tried everything to prevent this and my hair has and is still falling out. I just started to notice shedding at first which was barely noticeable and then it became worse. My hair is so thin now I'm contemplating just cutting it into a pixie cut once I loose more weight.

Ok what was your Protein intake 3 months ago? From what I've read, it takes that long to show in your hair, etc. So you might do well now, but if you struggled 3 months ago, well there ya go. Or so I've read (as I've been struggling... a LOT).

It's just hair though girl. Thank god there are options nowadays.... or so I tell myself now whenever I've struggled and worry about 3 months from now lol.

the hair thing is bothering me the most I have nice hair and want to keep it how long before it starts growing back:-(

Yup mine started falling out really bad about 2 months post op...the good news is, it will grow back sweets...I used the clip on hair extensions and LOVED them. I still use them to this day! LOL!

I have a huge, thick, natural Afro that I have enjoyed growing out for the past 6 years...I would like to keep all of it! Lol! But, I regularly wear weave & braids and I'm willing to sacrifice SOME of my beautiful 'fro in exchange for the wonderful life I have now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was told to use Nioxin. My hair dresser said to start it before surgery because it takes a month to start working. Nioxin Shampoo helps prevent Hair loss and it helps with Hair growth. I'm going to defiantly give it a try.

I drank soo many Protein Shakes, even found a bar with 20 gm of Protein per single serving! Hair loss is inevitable and one of the main reasons i put off this surgery. You absolutely cannot get a sleeve or any WLS and not expect hair loss. Your body can't absorb protein the way it used to do we are always going to be lacking which is why we have to take all the supplements, etc. The great thing about hair is it does grow back. I reached the point where I was much more concerned about my health than my hair!

My doc told me to do a round of zinc Vitamins. Just one bottle. My hair is falling out too. I also bought some salon Shampoo called K-pec reconstruction so my new baby hairs will be nice and strong. I'm not working this summer so if i can keep my hair through vaca I won't go totally insane, but it has increased from just when I wash. Then wash and comb and now it's all over me All the time.