Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm seven months out this week. I basically stopped losing weight around the forth month. I've lost 1lbs in a month for a total of 16 since 1/1.

I can't get the eating under control and feel myself slipping into a deep depression which doesn't help the eating.

I need to regroup and get motivated but it's easier said then done.

Anyone else struggling?

Hello, I'm just starting the process and will not have surgery for a year but I already have the lap band which didn't work so now you've got me contemplating the sleeve. Should I go with gastric bypass?

The sleeve works but you have to be committed. I blame the stress in my life for my lack of motivation. It's not an excuse. I should be stricter. I should eat less often.

I can't blame the surgery. Just myself.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Try to remember why you had the VSG. It is VERY hard to keep focused. I fight the urge to eat junk food everyday but I refuse to continue to be fat. Have you signed up on myfitnesspal.com? It helps keep me from lying to myself on the foods that I'm choosing to eat. You are a beautiful woman...can you imagine what you are going to look like when you're thin???!!! Sounds like you have emotional eating problems just like me. I have not sought counseling yet but will if my weight doesn't continue to drop because I know that is where my overeating has stemmed from. Perhaps it's something you should look in to before you completely self sabotage your weight goals. Good luck and no matter what....just keep trying!!!

Well, you've lost 92 pounds, so that's nothing to sneeze at!

Have you considered getting some therapy/assistance with your food issues? If you feel you're eating when you're stressed or similar times, now is probably the perfect time to get some new tools to help you deal with the stress in a better way.

Hun, I hear you totally. YOU HAVE NOT FAILED. you have come a long way already!!! you can make more effort to get where you want to be and use your tool to help. Get back to keeping track of all that enters your body and amp up that workout. you can do this. Pick a small goal. Try to lose 3lbs in the next month with your changes you can make now. Its not too late!! Get back to basics. I will be joining you to get my last 5-10lbs off. :-) Keep us posted

blame ? failed ? good gravy Marie ! 92 pounds lost in 7 months and you consider that failure ???

*smack smack* wake up ! You must be dreaming because there is NO way that you or the sleeve has failed !

failure? There's no such thing as failure. Failure is a choice and you have come too far to make this choice. Stand up, brush yourself off, pat yourself on the back for losing 92 lbs and go to myfitnesspal.com and utilize the tool of logging everything that goes into your body. That will help you see your calorie intake, and break down Proteins, fats, sugars, carbs, etc. Make the choice to continue your journey with weight loss and drink a lot of Water to keep things moving. You can do this, it is a choice. CONGRATS on your 92 lb weight loss, that's like another person! ;)

YOU....CAN.....DO.....THIS!!!!! Don't give up. You did the surgery now make it worth the risk! Get some couseling.

Start keeping your food journal again...start if you never did. Get online for instructions to tell you the best way ot keep it if you feel like you do not know how...look at what you are eating...eat as many times a day as you want...but keep it focused on protien rich/low carb. Avoid drinking your liquids if they are over about 100-200 calories a day.

Perhaps you should consider a boot camp of sorts...start back on the basic eating and go from there. Get back into ketosis for awhile.

You have not failed...go back and read my topic on my 3 month sleeve-anniversary. We all struggle...or we wouldn't have the sleeve to begin with.

God bless and you CAN do it.

Oh girlfriend 92 lbs is amazing...How on earth can you suggest failure....? You need to regroup get a friend on board with you, go back to liquids for a time and gradually move forward as we did in the begining. Make sure you are exercising it is now getting nice and springy out, start walking, get into Water arobic class...etc...hit the gym whatever is your poison. Exercising also will help pull you out of depression and give you more energy. Try it...you'll love it!

Good Luck Girl!

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with the 92lbs but to not see that scale move in months is so discouraging. Especially since this is the time when we should be losing the most. The depression from lack of losing just triggers the eating. It's a vicious cycle.

Im going to take some of the advice and start journaling again and go back to liquids for a few days to 'detox' of the crap that I ate. I

I am also 7 months out and recently I did a reevaluation of what I was eating looking back at myfitnesspal reports. I was wondering why I was retaining so much Water and why I was feeling so crappy. You know what I was doing? At least twice a week I was overeating my calories and carbs. I was skipping my Vitamins more days than not. About 5 days ago, I reaffirmed that I was to get the last 35 lbs off and get back to a healthy lifestyle. I definitely recommend food logging if you haven't started already. You have to know what you are putting in your body before you can make changes, and it is especially important after surgery to know what nutrients your getting. But don't forget you have already lost 92 lbs!!! That is amazing. Look how far you have come!

I know we can get the rest of the weight off and hit goal. I know it gets harder the further out we are, but no one said you stop losing weight after the first year. This is a change for life. To be healthier and happier. We can do this!

Kate, I'm looking over your numbers and you've done a great job! I know that being at a stand still can be a little discerning but think of what you have accomplished. Continue to make the proper food choices and exercise and I'm sure the weight will start dropping again. Don't be discouraged you can do this.

Down 92 lbs.

NOT gaining weight.

Not a FAIL. I'm glad Spatters3 gave you a good smackin'! ;)

Just regroup. Change things up like you said...it'll move.