Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Believe I Just Ate All Of That!

Different foods "slide" for different people. Pintos and cheese must slide for you. LOL My sliders are yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal and chex mix!

Don't stress yourself out about it. I can eat like that too. I can eat 2 whole hard boiled eggs at one time! lol I still lose weight' date=' not slow or fast but moderately, and I am not even working out yet. I walk, but nothing other than that. (I get the go ahead for exercise this thursday). As long as you are following plan and doing what your suppose to do you will lose weight! Your gonna drive yourself crazy over-thinking everything lol[/quote']

I am definitely a worry wort! Lol! You have definitely made me feel better! :) I am already thinking my dr has made sleeve to big.. Told you I was a worry wort!!!!!

I looooove the pintos n cheese! I had them twice during my mushy phase. I could eat about 1/3 of them so I stretched them for 2-3 "meals". I was about 2 weeks postop the first time I tried them and they went down easy. I think I could probably eat a little more than 1/3 of them now but maybe not 1/2 and I am 4 weeks out today. I am still figuring out the full thing too - its not a completely distinct feeling for me but I am starting to notice little things that I *think* mean that I am either full or going too fast.

I know exactly what you mean!! The full feeling is nothing what I was expecting. I'm still figuring it out little by little.

Like others have said we are all different. I eat far less than anyone else I know from my support group, but my sleeve is small and very tight and I am 13 months out. So you can't go off of what others eat.

You need to remember too that it takes awhile for all the nerves to get back to normal, it will take awhile before you can actually feel that full feeling. I would suggest early out that you scoop out a small portion and just eat that and stop. If you are getting that choking sensation, you are overeating and really it's best to be extra cautious until you have that feeling back and learn to know when to stop.

Like others have said we are all different. I eat far less than anyone else I know from my support group' date=' but my sleeve is small and very tight and I am 13 months out. So you can't go off of what others eat.

You need to remember too that it takes awhile for all the nerves to get back to normal, it will take awhile before you can actually feel that full feeling. I would suggest early out that you scoop out a small portion and just eat that and stop. If you are getting that choking sensation, you are overeating and really it's best to be extra cautious until you have that feeling back and learn to know when to stop.[/quote']

So if you feel the choking sensation, you have already ate to much?? When I start to feel the choking in my throat that is when I stop eating. Is that bad, should I stop before I get to this point? Thank you for input!! :)

So if you feel the choking sensation, you have already ate to much?? When I start to feel the choking in my throat that is when I stop eating. Is that bad, should I stop before I get to this point? Thank you for input!! :)

I think you need to stop before that, if I feel that, it means I way over did it.

Easy to make your own BTW, just get a can of refried Beans, shredded cheddar and taco sauce. Throw the beans and cheese in the micro til the cheese melts and pour some taco sauce on top. I ate that during mushies for the band. That way you can control how much and can add more sauce if it needs to go down easier.

When Im full I feel it in my chest right netween my breasts.

I am 5 weeks post-op and I had the pintos and cheese for lunch...I have them about 3 to 4 times a week. It was my 1st real soft food meal and it was like a good ole steak to me...lol. The 1st time I ate them I think I ate about 1/4 of it and I was full. I never get to the point of the throat thing because I make sure I don't over eat. I eat very slowly. I did go through a hungry stage around my 2nd and 3rd week post-op but I think it was more mental. Food was my comfort and I felt like I was starving. So I would try to stay busy to get over that mental part...it was hard but I did it. I start regular food a week from today but I am OK with my soft food now and I realize I am not starving. So just try not to eat too much of it but like I said, it may be more mental and it's hard to tell if you are full until you get that awful feeling in your throat.

I also order a baked potatoe and just make sure I mash it up good when I eat it...steak out has a very delicous and tender baked potatoe...that usually does me for 2 meals because they are so big.

Good luck and try to stay positive. Just think, we will be slim and trim for the summer! lol

Different foods "slide" for different people. Pintos and cheese must slide for you. LOL My sliders are yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal and chex mix!

You are able to eat chex mix? what kind do you eat. I have actually been eating sunflower seeds and it doesn't hurt my stomach. I chew them up real good. It gives me my crunch and salt at the same time and I have Protein too.

I can eat quite a bit, I was worried at first but now I am not. I am 4 weeks out and have not had any pain after eating, I never get the stuck in the throat feeling either.

I can eat a whole scrambled egg. I can also eat a whole spicy sausage link. Hamilton (my sleeve) must be a bit big or something!

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with knowing when I'm satiated. I haven't felt any hunger since day one post-op (today makes two weeks), and it has been very difficult for me to know when Im satisfied, because Im not hungry in the first place. At times I have also had the suspicion that my sleeve was somehow flawed or too large. There has been no sensation coming from my stomach, but I feel a tightness at the bottom of my esophagus and I know I've eaten too much. It's hard to adjust to completely new body signals!