Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drinking Enough Water Everyday

Hi Everyone,

I just want to make sure that you are drinking enough Water everyday. I know it is hard for you to get it all in, but you have to carry some water around with you all the time and just sip it. It is like having a job to make sure you get enough water in your body. Do the very best you can, it helps so much in your recovery.

Here are 8 simple things that you might enjoy reading about how water helps our bodies. By the time you are thirsty you are already starting to become dehydrated.

Keep up the good work and don't forget about drinking your water.

1.75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. this also applies to half the world population.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, is the # 1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thanks for the stats! Even more motivation to get all my Water in.

Thanks so much for the helpful facts, more motivation to make sure I get my daily ammount of Water in. #2&4 actually are true for me & drinking water has helped the "hunger pains" a lot :)

Hey Suzannesh,

thanks for this information... at 20mths out I still struggle to get my Water in; not so much due to restriction now, but forgetfulness. Great idea about having water with you... I do this in work all the time and sip at it all day. But at home... well, that is another story! I must get this habit sorted too! =]

Thanks so much for the helpful facts, more motivation to make sure I get my daily amount of Water in. #2&4 actually are true for me & drinking Water has helped the "hunger pains" a lot :)

Hi,

Yes, drinking enough water has helped me learn a lot about hunger. I was also tired and had NO energy for a short period of time, and I found out I was dehydrated when I first started my journey. I also learned that mu postssium was low after they ran a blood panel and so I take meds for that. So it was a very simple fix for me. Water is an amazing thing and does so many great things for our body.

I have learned to carry a tumbler around with a lid on it and I am forever sipping water. I use Crystal Light for a different taste and 0 calories.

I am glad you enjoyed what I wrote.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thanks for the stats! Even more motivation to get all my Water in.

Hi,

It is amazing what Water does for our body. I know after I read all those things, I thought to myself I had better make more of an effort to drink MORE water. I think I am feeling better. I have also been walking about 5 miles everyday for the past few days too so the water is just an important for me now as it ever was.

Keep drinking your water. I put mine in a nice double walled tumbler with a lit and a straw. I put lots of ice and sometimes Crystal Light in it and I am drinking more water that last few days.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hey Suzannesh,

thanks for this information... at 20mths out I still struggle to get my Water in; not so much due to restriction now, but forgetfulness. Great idea about having Water with you... I do this in work all the time and sip at it all day. But at home... well, that is another story! I must get this habit sorted too! =]

Hi,

I had to smile when you said your forgot about drinking your water. That is just what I had started to do too. And the lack of water does effect us in so many ways. So this was a wake up call for me too. I just bought some new double walled plastic tumblers with lids and a straw and I now put my water and Crystal Light in the tumbler with lots of ice and I am back on track drinking more water.

I hope you find something that will help you remember. I just had to make it a priority for me to get this done.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hi,

It is amazing what Water does for our body. I know after I read all those things, I thought to myself I had better make more of an effort to drink MORE Water. I think I am feeling better. I have also been walking about 5 miles everyday for the past few days too so the water is just an important for me now as it ever was.

Keep drinking your water. I put mine in a nice double walled tumbler with a lit and a straw. I put lots of ice and sometimes Crystal Light in it and I am drinking more water that last few days.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Yep in my Tervis Tumbler!! Got a clear one and a navy blue one! :)

Great topic! I'm off to find me a tumbler!

I was just dehydrated and needed an iv. Lesson learned. I have drank 60 ounces today and will drink more. For a while I've been struggling with fatigue And a feeling of heaviness and so it's from being dehydrated. Even stopped weight loss. So time to drink my Water to cleanse my body. ;)

Not drinking enough Water can also cause kidney stones which are extremely painful! :(

I still struggle with Water everyday 3 and a half months out. Dunno wht I'm gonna do in the long run for this....

Hi,

I hear what you are saying, and I really do understand. I found that Crystal Light has helped me a lot. Find something that taste good to you and just keep sipping the Water every day. By the time we think about drinking the Water we usually are dehydrated.

Take care,

Suzanne

I have to force myself to drink water.

Hi,

I wrote something today about a tumbler that I found that I use the tumbler to reminds me to keep drinking. I have found that Crystal Light also helps me because I like the different flavors. Read what I wrote and see if that helps you any. It honestly is like having a job, and you NEED to work at it each and every day.

Take care,

Suzanne

I still struggle with Water everyday 3 and a half months out. Dunno wht I'm gonna do in the long run for this....