Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Next Week Sleevers ? Or Anyone Whom Are Upcoming April Sleevers?

I am three days post op, and my surgery went really well. Still having gas pains and learned that cold fluids churns my stomach. Does anyone have any ideas for the full liquids phase? It's so weird how I'm not hungry at all, usually I would be grazing all day! So far I've lost 6lbs since my surgery. Oh and tried to drink Protein today and gagged...any suggestion on Protein Drinks?

I'm getting nervous too. My surgery is the 23rd' date=' I have to report to the hospital at 5:30AM for an approximate 7 or 7:30 surgery. I am really hoping to be out of the hospital on the 24th! I have had two weeks of pre-op dieting and I'm ready for the surgery now. I'm on liquids this week with Sunday being clear fluids and no caffeine. Yikes. I've been weaning myself off of soda (diet Coke addict) but have switched from Low Carb Monsters to the ones without carbonation. I really like them but I will have to give that up for now too. Today was my last one. I have all of my post-op meds and liquid Vitamin things. My plan for the weekend is to clean and organize as best I can with a 5 year old. :) I'm super nervous and really just want Monday to get here. I have a feeling this is going to be a long weekend! Best wishes to all! Stacie[/quote']

My surgery is on the 23rd at 5:30am also! Hope everything goes well

To those being sleeved on 4/23/12 - do you want to have a group? I looked at starting one, and it said to find 2 or 3 people that want to join before you start it. I figured that might be an easy way to keep track of each other on our journey. What do you think?

That's a nice idea...it seems like there's alot more people getting it done that date then I thought

Has everyone checked in from the April surgeries? How is everyone doing post-op? Pre-op folks, I'm with you in excitement and being nervous!

i had my surgery on monday and was shopping today and going to the movies. It is pretty hard to get in all the Protein. I found the Unjury chicken broth and it is really good, but for every meal gets boring.

I'm scheduled for the 28th with Dr. Aceves. Very nervous because it's my first surgery, but very confident in my choice of surgeon/hospital.

To those being sleeved on 4/23/12 - do you want to have a group? I looked at starting one, and it said to find 2 or 3 people that want to join before you start it. I figured that might be an easy way to keep track of each other on our journey. What do you think?

I'm in. What do I have to do?

I'm in. What do I have to do?

I'm going to "groups" right now and figure out how to start it, then you just go to groups and choose to join.

I'm scheduled for the 26th. I'll join

I am three days post op, and my surgery went really well. Still having gas pains and learned that cold fluids churns my stomach. Does anyone have any ideas for the full liquids phase? It's so weird how I'm not hungry at all, usually I would be grazing all day! So far I've lost 6lbs since my surgery. Oh and tried to drink Protein today and gagged...any suggestion on protein drinks?

I am 5 days post op and had some sugar free hot chocolate in the hosptial that was very good. Some warm Water with a spoon of sugar free Jello powder is also a good warm drink for the tummy. Of course Decaf tea and coffee is allowed. While in the hospital I had optisource carmel ready mixed protein and it was good. Now that I'm home I do the nectar chocolate truffle with cold water and drink my ounce the first part of the hour and it goes down well. For lunch I'm going to have some unijury chicken Protein Drink. Hope all is gong well for you.

Today it's 4 days post op for me. I have problems with cold drinks or pop sickles. I crave them but I noticed it kinda gives me acid reflux afterwards. With hot liquids. I have only tried chicken stock and room temp Water. I was craving yesterday to have a little but of orange juice or some hot chocolate but I don't know how I will feel after if I tried milk , I'm very scared. I have been peeing a lot but I'm constipated since 2 days before surgery.. My follow up visit is the 25th and I'm scared just thinking how is the dr gonna pull out the drainage. I can't barely sleep. I wake up almost 4 times every time and drinking. I cannot drink fast. I'm taking Prilosec , some pills to prevent nausea and Percocet for the pain. So far good. Any recommendations. I completely shut down my self from everybody. I feel that when I talk I get tired faster

I did it!! Sleeved on April 17th, Juarez Mexico with the wonderful team of Dr. Jose Rodriguez I still can't believe it's over. So I'm 4 days out now. Yesterday, had all kinds of energy doing great, a little laundry, etc.. Today, weaker, but I believe it's because I'm not getting enough Protein. I just realized I'm only getting under 20 grams a day. And it's hard to get the Water in. I have abdominal cramps fierce. So, I think today is weighing on me. I made a whole batch fresh chicken broth and I'm constantly drinking it. Warm liquids only right now. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

I'm thankful for my decision and feel really positive about my new life though!!!

Way to go Stacie! I am also sleeving Monday, 4/23 at 11am in Charlotte, NC. Here is a tip: Isopure drinks from GNC work well in Jello, just use it in lieu of the cup of cold water.....mix and match the flavors to add Protein to jello for that first week, could also use Gatorade 3 which has protein ;)