Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can Massage Therapy Break Up Fat And Disperse.

Hey, today my daughter said, let's go get our nails done. So I said ok, that sounds fun, haven't done that since before Thanksgiving. Then she saids, let's go get a massage. So I haven't done that since before my surgery Oct 4, 2011. So I'm laying on the massage chair/table and the person massaging me was really going deep. I tried to communicate this too him but he doesn't understand english (accept for OK). So, he finally got it and let me tell you. He went deep, but worked out a lot of kinks in my muscles. I was laying there receiving this wonderful massage and I started thinking that he was working out or loose some of my fat that's refusing to release. Humm, so I spent most of my relaxation picturing the fat breaking away and just dispersing itself. My body feels so good right now. It felt amazing to me. This is something I highly recommend. Has anyone else had this experience or what do you think? ;)

I'm not sure if they can actually break up and get rid of fat but I know you do get rid of lots of toxins after a massage. My lady always tells me to make sure I drink lots of Water to flush my system out with the toxins. I think your visualizing it is pretty awesome though.. Your mind is a powerful thing and your body will respond. I am going to get a massage next week my first since my surgery. I will ask her about this I am really interested to know.. She is amazing and has been doing this for over 20 years.

I always feel like I am floating after.

I love the imagery. The mind is a powerful thing, who knows it might help you release some excess fat - I might have to try that!

Sorry but NOPE, not a chance. It sure FELLS good though doesn't it?

Any force great enough to "break up" fat is enough to physically break the bonds of the fat cells and carries a risk of a fat embolism - getting fat into the arteries and blocking blood flow - and no one can do that with a mere massage, doing so would hurt like bloody hell.

Besides feeling good it can, as you mention, work the kinks out and keep you active - which burns the fat off. So stick with it, it certainly can't hurt.

I dunno if it's possible but what you have just described sounds heavenly! I haven't had a massage since... uhmm... I don't even remember. It's been a reaaaally long time! Maybe that will be my mothers day present to myself this year ;-)

I've tried 1,000 diets and clinics. I remember one place I went to had machines that you stood or lied down and a cloth-ish material would shake all your fat. Don't remember what it was called.

I did see my estitician today and she was telling me about a deep tissue massage process that helps loose skin to tighten.

When I get to goal, one of the presents to myself will be a spa day with massage, pedicure with foot massage, wrap and a mud bath. They will have to pour me out of there.

Cataracks ~ why wait, I'm trying to Celebrate as I'm going! Everyday is a new day! Yayyyyyy! We are successful! ;)

Cataracks ~ why wait, I'm trying to Celebrate as I'm going! Everyday is a new day! Yayyyyyy! We are successful! ;)

I'm doing other things to celebrate along the way, but this place is a resort spa and I'm not going until I feel comfortable in public in a bathing suit. It some motivation to get to goal or very close to it.

I'm a LMBT and I wanted to see if I could help. Here is an article that might answer some questions.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/315276-benefits-of-massage-for-weight-loss/

Plus, massage feels great and makes you feel great!!

That's a great article Beth-n-e.

My husband used to be a massage therapist and right before he quit he was learning techniques with deep tissue massage that helps with cellulite.< /p>

I've been a massage therapist for 9 years and I'm sorry to tell you this but no...a massage does not break up fat. It does help release toxins, helps to improve circulation, and helps improve skin tone. I love the visual you created though...I wish it was that easy.