Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone With My Pre Op Stats? 207 Lbs And 5' 4 Lbs

Those are my stats currently and working on getting sleeved. Anyone have a success story to share? I am overall pretty healthy.

Cool!!! Have u already been sleeved? I just got my endoscopy done...and pcp already approved the surgery.

Cool!!! Have u already been sleeved? I just got my endoscopy done...and pcp already approved the surgery.

No, I go for the endoscopy in 5 days and surgery is scheduled for 4/20 but I have a feeling that we may need to push it closer to the end of April, My PCP, reluctantly, approved my surgery. He is not a fan of WLS but he knows how I have struggled with my weight for the past 10 years. Other than this OSA and being a fatty, I am relatively healthy! I hope that being in relatively good health means our recovery will be fairly easy.

Hi these are my stats, spot on, and i had my Gastric sleeve done on the 26th march 2012, so a week ago, phew! I'm happy it's done and i'm on my way to reclaiming part of my life back, I have never done this before so i'm unsure what to write at the moment.

I was looking for information and the chance to share some similarities with others in the same space which i find my self in.

Still tired as i have not been sleeping to well, and a painful port site which seems to be improving as the week's getting on, but the weight is just falling off. My weight this morning was 82.9 holy heck!! I started at 92.4 the liquid diet on the 12th of march, it just doesn't seem real.

It would never of happened ever in my life by just trying to yet again diet, I get my stiches out on tuesday 2nd April so will get checked and hopefully alls well.

My reason for getting this surgery is that i have had 2 hips resurfaced in the last 2 years, and suffered osteoarthritis so the weight just kept going on and on.... so that was all of my forties having to deal with pain, now i'm 2 years into my fifties i decided that it was time for a change and with the full support of my hubby had WLS so i can enjoy my fifties with out the weight on my new hips.

That's my story so far...

Have to mention i had my surgery here in NZ, and was very well looked after.

I am close, 5' 3.5" and 217. Kept hearing from friends and acquaintances that I didn't need the surgery, but no one else is looking at diabetes or sleep apnea. Had my surgery on the 30th so I am just 2 days postop and haven't had a moment of regret. I think that at your age, your skin should retract easily, that is one of my concerns at 52. I feel that it is better to get it done before you develop any of the potential problems associated with obesity, so you are right on the money!! Best of luck!!!

5"4.5

41 yo

Highest weight 217

Pre op diet starting weight 207.4

Surgery weight 195.4

Surgery 3/22

Current weight 185.4

5'1 (and a half)

42 years old

Pre-op diet starting weight 206

Surgery weight 197

Surgery 8-15-11

Current weight 126 lbs!! and it feels GREAT!!

Lets all keep in touch. Let's give each other motivation. Every year it seems like i gain another 10 lbs.

5'4"

56 yo

212 lbs

preop diet starts 4/9

surgery 4/23

don't want to waste another minute - told myself at 40 - don't spend your 40s fat - but I did - same thing at 50 - well now at least I'll have some 50s left and great 60s - 60 is the new 30 right?? lol

I'm 5ft. 0" tall and my starting weight was 165. My BMI was 32.8. I had no comorbidities at all, I was just overweight and could not get it off and keep it off myself bc I had messed up my metabolism so bad after years of dieting!. My doctor is head of Bariatrics at Presbyterian hospital in Dallas. He has done lots of procedures with people with my BMI which made me feel very comfortable! I'm 3 days post op and feel great! Walked two miles this morning-human body is truly amazing!

I am 30 yrs old. I'm 5'3" and my pre op weight was 289. I got my sleeve on 3/29 and I was 274. I am 3 days out from surgery and I am already at 267. I've lost 7 pounds! I feel amazing I have read so many things about feeling weak and sick but my doctors and nurses were amazing and I had so many classes and had 6 months of supervision to prepare me. Surgery day was tough because unlike so many other I have no co-morbid diseases, I had never been under general anesthesia before. I have had 3 c sections so I was prepared for the pain. The next day I walked 3 laps around my floor every 2 hours and the more I walked the better I felt. I drink 2 oz. of liquid every 30 minutes. I struggle to get enough Fluid, Protein, and carbs throughout the day but each day is a little easier. I don't go back to work for another 2 weeks so I hope by then I will be on puréed foods so I can work with stopping every 30 minutes. I would love to keep in touch with everyone I don't really have a goal weight but my goal is to have lost enough by July to ride all the rides at Disney with my kids because we are taking a huge family vacation!!!

I am 30 yrs old. I'm 5'3" and my pre op weight was 289. I got my sleeve on 3/29 and I was 274. I am 3 days out from surgery and I am already at 267. I've lost 7 pounds! I feel amazing I have read so many things about feeling weak and sick but my doctors and nurses were amazing and I had so many classes and had 6 months of supervision to prepare me. Surgery day was tough because unlike so many other I have no co-morbid diseases' date=' I had never been under general anesthesia before. I have had 3 c sections so I was prepared for the pain. The next day I walked 3 laps around my floor every 2 hours and the more I walked the better I felt. I drink 2 oz. of liquid every 30 minutes. I struggle to get enough Fluid, Protein, and carbs throughout the day but each day is a little easier. I don't go back to work for another 2 weeks so I hope by then I will be on puréed foods so I can work with stopping every 30 minutes. I would love to keep in touch with everyone I don't really have a goal weight but my goal is to have lost enough by July to ride all the rides at Disney with my kids because we are taking a huge family vacation!!![/quote']

Also I make my own Protein Drink and drink it 2 oz. at a time throughout the day. I use 16-20oz of Water. I use 1 crystal light iced tea with lemon, 1 crystal light lemonade, and then I add pro performance 100% whey Protein powder UNFLAVORED from GNC. I don't like chocolate or most flavors so this is a mixture I came up with pre-op and I still like it now. You can even add a couple of Splenda packets if it is to bitter. I also drink skim milk, broth Soups, or the Soup watered done from veg. Soup if I need a taste only 2 oz. at a time and I figure out what I can have for the day to get my Protein, carbs and liquids in.

No' date=' I go for the endoscopy in 5 days and surgery is scheduled for 4/20 but I have a feeling that we may need to push it closer to the end of April, My PCP, reluctantly, approved my surgery. He is not a fan of WLS but he knows how I have struggled with my weight for the past 10 years. Other than this OSA and being a fatty, I am relatively healthy! I hope that being in relatively good health means our recovery will be fairly easy.[/quote']

Let's keep in touch. My surgery is not scheduled yet. I still have to see the nutritionist and the psychologist. I am really looking forward to it. The more i read about the surgery, the more i want to do it! I can't wait to be 110