Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi, i'm am going to do two phone interviews with Dr Garcia and Dr Kelly and i'm trying to come up with a list of questions to ask them. this will be for a RESLEEVE so I want to make sure I ask the right questio

ns. here's what I have so far.....

1. how many resleeves have you done?

what was the outcome of those patients?

2. any patients I can contact that you have done a RESLEEVE for?

3. how small can you make my new sleeve?

4. what are the chances it will work this time?

that's all I have so far, any suggestions would be great!

thank you,

shaundra

this will be for a RESLEEVE

Please forgive my ignorance but what's a resleeve

I'm assuming that you are revising from a band to the sleeve? The term we use here for that is a revision. I've never heard of a resleeve, so I'm wondering about that one.

I'd ask:

1. How many surgeries have you done of this type?

2. Do you have a specific diet plan you wish me to follow?

3. How long after surgery can I begin exercising? Cardio? Weight-lifting?

4. How much support can I expect via email/phone after surgery?

5. What is your complication rate with this type of surgery?

6. References (ALWAYS a good idea IMO)

7. Success rate of the surgery? What percentage of patients reach the goal you have set for/with them?

8. How long in the hospital/area before being allowed home?

9. Accomodations for a family member or friend to come with you

10. leak testing? How many before discharge?

11. Records available to you or your at home doctors. Fees for copies?

12. Healing time for incisions? For stomach?

13. Warning signs you should look for after surgery? What's an emergency and what's just a phone call to his office?\

14. Any specific issues related to medical conditions you may have, especially when you should discontinue meds before surgery.

Oh I forgot a question:

What happens if you have a complication during surgery? Will they fix a hernia if it appears? Is that an additional cost? Do they have ICU backup if necessary?

his infection rate..

I am not sure but I think a resleeve is when your first sleeve fails and they go back and redo it. I could be wrong on this but I have spoken to a couple people who the sleeve did not work the first time.

I would ask them what size bouge they would use to create your sleeve? You may want to check with your previous surgeon to see what he did or have his records sent to the doctor that you choose to do your surgery. I had the lapband to the sleeve with Dr Garcia and was more than happy with him, his staff and Mi hospital.

Please let me know if this is a redo of your sleeve or if you are infact going from the lapband to the sleeve. This will help us all give you suggestions.

thank you for all the suggestions.

I am getting a RESLEEVE, my band to sleeve revision was done last year.

Tell me to shut up if I am being too nosey. (It is usually the case.) I am wondering why the resleeve? Is there a medical issue? I checked your profile and it shows that you are currently at 145. Do you have a leak or something? I am just curious. :huh:

Please explain a resleeve...

I have not updated that in a long time. I was below my goal weight with the band but when it slipped I gained back 50 pounds really quick. I was at 170-175 when I did the band to sleeve revision. I lost 20 pounds when my stomach was really swollen after surgery but now I can eat as much as I want no restriction at all. I have gained that 20 pounds back and then some since getting the sleeve. I know its just a matter of time before I gain it all back :( I do not have a leak our anything, just no restriction. I think that the doctor I went to should have done it smaller maybe he wasn't the best choice for a revision. i'm guessing after my two lapband surgeries I had a lot of scar tissue soo maybe he thought he made it small enough but who knows. I know the sleeve will work for me if its done properly, I have faith in that.

yes, a RESLEEVE is when the first one fails and the doctor does it again. i'm not sure why my phone keeps capitalizing RESLEEVE. sorry.

I know you're wanting to resleeve, but I would think you might want to look into the ds. Keep your options open, and talk to the surgeons about what they feel us best for you!

Wow...I had never heard of this before. Thank you so much for sharing your experience...PLEASE keep posting...One thing I have noticed along this path is that there is always some one dealing with the same issues you are. You maybe the first resleeve that i have heard of but I'll bet not the last. Look forward to hearing all about your success after you surgery!

Blessings!

i have thought about DS, bt im not sure i want the side effects that come with it but i do plan on asking about it. i think with a proper sleeve i can get back to my goal weight :)

i will definetly keep posting....hoping it will be good news!