Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

I have not had a good month so far in October. I have been 250 to 252, up and down, up and down this whole month. I am trying to fret as it seems like a lot of us are experiencing a stall at this time, so maybe this is just more the norm and this point in our journey.

I continue to eat healthy, make good decisions and I have increased my exercise (walking 2.5 to 3 miles at lunch) now that the weather has cooled off. I had a nightmare last night that I had huge bald Patches at the back of my head and was going to spend the weekend shopping for a wig!!! Woke up, felt the back of my head and while my hair is still getting quite thin, it was at least, not bald...yet!! I did not used to be able to feel the hairbrush bristles on my scalp, now I have to be careful that I don't "rake" my scalp and hurt myself my hair has gotten so thin. I know this too shall pass as I can already see the new hairs growing in in places that it is extremely thin.

I am able to eat salad now as long as I chew really well. I top the greens with tuna or egg or chicken that I have baked. It is really good. It was such a day of celebration when I tried salad and it sat ok in my tummy. I LOVE salad, so this was a major food item for me to get back to. Has anyone else tried salad? If so, how did it go and what Protein do you eat with yours?

We all are doing a great job and we just need to hang in there through the stall. I am glad that we still continue to post our updates here because like a few others, I was glad to see I was not the only one in a stall at the moment. Hang in there everyone and I will do the same.

OMG! sleeve evanglist, you are so right. some days I have to tell myself that I need to eat and then other days, I just want to eat everything in sight! In seems to me that if I eat carbs, then I want to eat more. But I love my carbs, I don't eat much but I still love them! As long as they are not in the house I'm fine, but I still will go looking for them anyways! lol.

Keep up the great work! This has been and still is one heck of a journey, and I am loving every minute of it. I just cleaned out my closet for the 2nd time today, and my closet is very, very bare! Kept some bigger clothes just so I have something to wear. Been going to clearance sales because I really don't want to buy too much until I get ot my goal weight, which is about 26 more lbs.

Hi guys.

I was sleeved 4/27/12 at 330 lbs and a size 26 pants and a 3x shirt. But my heighest weight was 346 on April 9th.

As of today I'm down to 238.6 lbs. A size 18w in pants and an xl to a 1x shirt. So that's 107.4 lbs from my heighest and 91.4 lbs since surgery.

This sleeve rocks! Hopefully I'll be down to 210 by the end of December. That's my goal. I pray that GOD helps me to make it. :D

Great job, everyone!

I

I have not had a good month so far in October. I have been 250 to 252' date=' up and down, up and down this whole month. I am trying to fret as it seems like a lot of us are experiencing a stall at this time, so maybe this is just more the norm and this point in our journey.

I continue to eat healthy, make good decisions and I have increased my exercise (walking 2.5 to 3 miles at lunch) now that the weather has cooled off. I had a nightmare last night that I had huge bald Patches at the back of my head and was going to spend the weekend shopping for a wig!!! Woke up, felt the back of my head and while my hair is still getting quite thin, it was at least, not bald...yet!! I did not used to be able to feel the hairbrush bristles on my scalp, now I have to be careful that I don't "rake" my scalp and hurt myself my hair has gotten so thin. I know this too shall pass as I can already see the new hairs growing in in places that it is extremely thin.

I am able to eat salad now as long as I chew really well. I top the greens with tuna or egg or chicken that I have baked. It is really good. It was such a day of celebration when I tried salad and it sat ok in my tummy. I LOVE salad, so this was a major food item for me to get back to. Has anyone else tried salad? If so, how did it go and what Protein do you eat with yours?

We all are doing a great job and we just need to hang in there through the stall. I am glad that we still continue to post our updates here because like a few others, I was glad to see I was not the only one in a stall at the moment. Hang in there everyone and I will do the same.[/quote']

I love salad also and greens. I can finally eat without it making me sick. With salad I like salmon or tuna in the package. Sometimes I add strawberries or pecans

I've been in a stall for the last 4 weeks...keep kicking around 205-206lbs.

I just finished a major course of antibiotics - managed a bilateral kidney infection with a UTI. I can't get in enough to drink at my job, as we're not permitted to have drinks on the floor with us, so I have to slip off for a couple of sips every hour or two, if I am lucky. I still have a difficult time drinking more than an ounce or two at a time.

I had really thought I'd be below 200 by now, but I guess not. I can't seem to sustain seriously low-carb for any length of time without losing substantial energy to function. I still have lots of trouble eating 'regular' Protein (eggs, chicken, etc). I rarely get over 700 cals a day, unless I do something stupid like drink a Vitamin Water (or two), or have a scoop of frozen custard from Culver's. I try to avoid eating in public at all costs, as I never know when something will get stuck and cause me to slime.

Part of me wonders if this is all the weight I can expect to lose. I don't know how I figure out when my body is 'done'.

CrazyCatLady...how are you meeting your Protein needs? I am still drinking one shake a day and sometimes a low carb Protein Bar but I hear you, low carbing is hard for me too, but my energy level has been pretty good and I am trying to break a stall so will try under 40 carb grams for the next 2 weeks and bumping up excercising. I tried doing the gym but I am so not a gym rat so I do my walking outside and DVDs at home, also I use hand weights and stretch bands. We have to stay focused. I eat about 1000 calories to keep my energy up.

I have never met my Protein goal in the 6 months since surgery. My goal is 80g per day...I have hit 55 a couple times with substantial effort.

I have yet to find a Protein Shake of any type that does not give me the sharts. I am lactose and soy intolerant since surgery, so any dairy or soy is off my list. I have tried egg white, brown rice, and hemp Proteins mixed in Water, with no luck.

In fact, most liquids give me uncontrolled diarrhea. I have seen two GI physicians to try to get resolution, but no luck.

I have a few limited dietary proteins that I can tolerate. In fact, about the only thing that doesn't give me issues is popcorn...and even that, only about a cup's worth. I wish I could bump up my calories, but 700 is about the most I can get on any given day.

While I appreciate the weight loss, I still regret this surgery, nearly half a year later. I have lost my hair and my health. My body is catabolizing my muscles to the extent that I barely have energy for work. I haven't been to the gym since pre surgery.

This is not what I expected life to be.

CatLady...I am sorry to hear about how difficult this has been for you and I hope with time, your body will adjust and allow for a healthier diet. I can certainly understand how being unable to eat properly is reason to regret the surgery. I know I am one of the lucky ones that did not have complications, and I can tolerate almost everything...in fact this can be problematic for me, as it takes willpower to stay away from the things that brought me here in the first place.

What are you eating for solid Proteins then, can you tolerate fish, poultry, meats and eggs? Do you feel a great deal of restriction that prevents you from consuming your Protein thru solids?

I truly wish you the best...hopefully you find some answers and remedies that allow you to get healthier and not deteriorate.

Sleeved 4/23, highest wt 272, today was 207...so 65 ish down! Went from size 22 to 14/16....giving away clothes! Not very consistent on the exercise, but getting more motivated now that I can see One-derland around the corner. Good news, I can eat anything in < 3/4 cup portions! Bad news, I can eat anything... :/. I must use this tool wisely before honeymoon over and get more active!!! I would really like to lose another 35...best decision EVER, wish I had done it about 15 years earlier.

Ok April buddies... here are my 6 month before and afters! Holy moly, I never thought I'd be posting these!

It's a little strange though, psychologically speaking, to look at these pictures. On the one hand, I feel like I look totally different, but on the other hand, I don't see much of a change. I know, I'm crazy, but seriously, the emotional/psychological side to this whole experience is really intense!

Hope everyone is doing well!

post-12605-13813660535671_thumb.jpg

Ok April buddies... here are my 6 month before and afters! Holy moly' date=' I never thought I'd be posting these!

It's a little strange though, psychologically speaking, to look at these pictures. On the one hand, I feel like I look totally different, but on the other hand, I don't see much of a change. I know, I'm crazy, but seriously, the emotional/psychological side to this whole experience is really intense!

Hope everyone is doing well![/quote']

Congrats!!!!

Hi everybody

50 Pound less after April 12,2012.

6 months and 61 pounds gone for good according to my doctor's schedule. I've struggle the last few months, but my today my doctor assured me that I am right where he wanted me to be and that he is proud of my accomplishments. One thing we discussed is that while the scale has slowed down, my body is changing. Clothes fit differently and I'm buying smaller sizes. I know that the number will catch up and move again very soon. Time to amp up my workouts and go back to the basics!!

Had blood work done today and will get those results next week. We scheduled my next appointment on my 1 year surgiversary!!

Hi April buddies!

Down 75 pounds since day of surger, April 10. Amazing. I look like a different person. Stil have some fat hanging around my belly but my chest area looks absolutely skinny.

I'm only ten pounds from being considered "normal" weight, something I didn't think would ever happen. I'm a little concerned that I'm able to eat so much more than I was now though. It used to be a half a greek yogurt would fill me up and now I can eat the whole container with some fruit on the side. I'm also a lot hungrier than I was in the beginning. Junk food didn't even sound good before, but now, it's sneaking back a bit. I can definitely see how this is a tool and not a quick fix, because when I abuse it, the scale goes the wrong way.

Cat lady - hope things are improving with you! Good job to all of us!