Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Hello everyone. Doing pretty well, have had an extremely stressful couple of months. All in all, I am very happy with my progress. I am down to 260 which is 67 pounds down. I still want to get under 200, but for now I am happy with my progress.

Like always I'm her to help! If anyone needs exceeding tips feel free hit me up in my box or the other thread I created

Hey guys! 4/24 was my date. I haven't been on here in a while.....I got a little off track but I'm back on now :-) Something happened to me today that was amazing......I bought a pair of Jeans from the regular ladies sizes! A 15/16...... I think I could've worn a 13/14. I may go back and try them on. :-) No more plus sizes for me! Yay! I am so excited. I had another NSV about 3 weeks ago......I entered onederland! Yay! I have gone from 276 to 187! Awesome! I am feeling so great and I have finally started getting my Protein in. Yay me! Its about time! I hope everyone else is doing well!

I am also 4/24! I am down 85lb total. 70 since surgery. Started at 297 Now 212! Almost to onederland! I so can't wait.... I have gone from a 24 to a loose 16, but not a 14 yet.

I am 4/24 as well, down about 65 pounds, finding these last 15 pounds very elusive...but am very pleased to be wearing a size 16 again. I have to laugh because I had my hair highlighted about a month ago and everyone keeps telling me I look so great..they don't seem to notice that its all the weight I lost..just the damn streaks I had put in my hair to hide the gray!

MSA - your post made me laugh because my hairdresser just asked me if I had lost weight. Um - yes!! She said "Oh, your face looks thinner but I thought it was just the way I was cutting your hair." Oh, my gosh. If she could have cut my hair to make me look 80 pounds thinner, she should have been doing that a LONG time ago!!! :D

Hello there April 2012 sleevers. I was sleeved on 4/4/2012 started out at 263, as of last week I am at 197. Good news is I hit onederlland. Bad news is I have been at that weight since sept 4th! That's one LONG stall! I hate it. Don't get me wrong I'm feeling great and am loving the shopping in the misses section. I love it when I reach for the XL and have to put it back to get the L, it's just my surgeon at my 5 months post op appointment said I can get to 150lb and that stupid scale won't move! Can it be 65lbs lost is all I can loose?

Hello all, i will be 5 months out tomorrow. I hit 205 this morning! 5lb away from onederland! I started at 297 which make a total loss of .... 92 lb! Only about 40 left to go. I have been lucky and only had one stall for a week at 217. I am loving the sleeved life! We are going to the dominican republic in less than a week. Hopefully I will be in onederland when we home back.

Hello April sleevers I have had a headache upon awaking for 3 days. I am sipping Water all day. Dont think its dehydration. So my Primary Doc took me off bp meds a month ago. But still I take it every other day. Bp is a little elevated 130/88. Will take daily just to be on safe side any body have this problem

Hi April sleevers...looks like many of us have hit Onederland, and it is a sweet victory just to do that for me!! It has been about 20 years since I had a "1" before my weight. No more big girl stores, wahoo!!

I feel great and looking forward to losing that last 40 pounds!!

Cheers to you all !!

Hello April Sleevers, It's been awhile since I was last on. I am so psyched! I am only 2 lbs away from NOT being obese anymore! I will only be overweight. I haven't been this low since I had my last child 32 yrs ago! It's great!! I lost 4 lbs last week, but that was because I had an incisional hernia repair and I'm just starting to eat normal again. The hernia was huge and it had many little "sister" hernia's. I no longer look 9 months pregnant! We went to the mall yesterday, and I kept looking at my reflection in the windows noting my belly wasn't there anymore! It's the greatest feeling! I can't wait for the swelling to go down so I can buy some new clothes! Kohl's and Bealls, here I come!! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Haven't been on the boards in a while, and thought I'd check in with my fellow April sleevers! I was sleeved on 4/19, at 281 lbs, and I'm fluctuating in weight between 216 and 212. It's so hard right now because I'm doing bootcamp and pilates and in better shape than I've been in since high school... but I can't seem to get the weight down in a consistent way. I feel like it's lose 2 gain 3 lose 4, and on and on. Admittedly, I'm not counting calories, but I'm certainly not eating much at all. I do get more hungry and tend to snack more when I'm working out, but the weight should still come off, right?!? I mean, I maintained my previous "big girl" weight without working out, and eating WAY more food, so why am I not losing more now?

I'm nervous to see my doctor for my 6 month check up. I'm only down 11lbs since I saw him last, and his goal for my next appt was to be down another 40. There's no way I'll get there in 3 weeks for my appt. I suppose I could go back to all liquids, or no carbs, etc, but I really don't want that diet mentality to resurface. Nothing good came of it. I'm just trying to live a more moderate lifestyle. I'm ok if the weight comes off slower, but I feel like this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Anyone else feel like that?

I would seriously look at how many calories you are eating. it almost sounds to me like you are not eating enough. My NUT says 1200-1500 when you are working out is the lowest you should go because of the whole "starvation" mode. Maybe try to make tomorrow a "typical" food day for you and really track the calories. If you are below 1000 I would definitely add 200-300 calories to help your body deal with the working out and such. that worked for me!

I would seriously look at how many calories you are eating. it almost sounds to me like you are not eating enough. My NUT says 1200-1500 when you are working out is the lowest you should go because of the whole "starvation" mode. Maybe try to make tomorrow a "typical" food day for you and really track the calories. If you are below 1000 I would definitely add 200-300 calories to help your body deal with the working out and such. that worked for me!

Thanks for the tip! I can't imagine I'm not eating enough, because I feel like I am snacking, etc, but maybe. I'll track it tomorrow and see. I'm also doing a lot of weight lifting, etc, so maybe that's part of it? I really shouldn't be complaining though... even though the scale doesn't move often, I went from being a size 22, and can now fit in a 12! I guess that means I'm losing inches if nothing else... still, the quantifiable numbers on the scale are what keeps me motivated above all else.

Hey all... like the rest of you, I have not been aroun a lot. Been busy...happy to say!! Weather finally broke (the heat), so I have been out doing a lot of yard and garden work. I have to admit, it hardly seems like work. It is a lot of fun to bend over and not feel sick or to get too tired after only 30 mins outside. I was sleeved on 4/12 and like many of you this month has been a month of stalls. This morning I am finally down 3.5 pounds. Yippie!!! I was beginning to think that I was not going to lose a thing this whole month. I do have to keep in mind what my daughter said to me this morning... "well mom, you have not gained any all month either and that is also a victory"...she is right. I need to keep that in mind!

The only down side to things right now is the Hair loss. I mean, I am still losing hair by the handfuls!!! :( My 3 month check-up showed that I was getting plenty of Protein and all my other counts were good except an elevated copper level. I will have that rechecked at my 6 month visit and if it is still elevated, they will investigate further. Many of the issues with elevated copper have to do with liver issues and all my liver enzimes are really good. Wish I would stop losing my hair though. I can hardly comb it without losing a handful every time. It is all over my bathroom...yuck. I am taking Biotin, but so far, that has not seemed to help. If anyone has a "magic bullet" on the hair loss front, I am all ears.

Glad to see that we are all still hanging in there...stalls and all :)

Take care all.

Karen