Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

I have never met my Protein goal in the 6 months since surgery. My goal is 80g per day...I have hit 55 a couple times with substantial effort.

I have yet to find a Protein shake of any type that does not give me the sharts. I am lactose and soy intolerant since surgery' date=' so any dairy or soy is off my list. I have tried egg white, brown rice, and hemp Proteins mixed in Water, with no luck.

In fact, most liquids give me uncontrolled diarrhea. I have seen two GI physicians to try to get resolution, but no luck.

I have a few limited dietary Proteins that I can tolerate. In fact, about the only thing that doesn't give me issues is popcorn...and even that, only about a cup's worth. I wish I could bump up my calories, but 700 is about the most I can get on any given day.

While I appreciate the weight loss, I still regret this surgery, nearly half a year later. I have lost my hair and my health. My body is catabolizing my muscles to the extent that I barely have energy for work. I haven't been to the gym since pre surgery.

This is not what I expected life to be.[/quote']

I'm sorry it has not helped you. How much weight have you lost?

Ok April buddies... here are my 6 month before and afters! Holy moly' date=' I never thought I'd be posting these!

It's a little strange though, psychologically speaking, to look at these pictures. On the one hand, I feel like I look totally different, but on the other hand, I don't see much of a change. I know, I'm crazy, but seriously, the emotional/psychological side to this whole experience is really intense!

Hope everyone is doing well![/quote']

+++++++++++++++

BabewiththePower you are doing FANTASTIC !!!! Your pictures speak a thousand words, and are saying ""You are rockin your sleeve"" Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.

Hello April Sleevers! Today is my birthday and at the age of 63, I have never felt better! I'm down 51 lbs since 4/10 and I haven't been in a size 12/14 since the 70's when I wore hip hugger bell bottoms! Now that's dating myself!! lol!! I never thought that I could be this low by my birthday, which was my goal. I'm hoping to lose the last 26 lbs by my anniversary date. Just got back from visiting my grandkiddies and my daughter-in-law makes the best apple pie in the world. I wonder if that's the reason I gained a lb this week!! An apple a day keeps the dr. away--and the weight loss. But that's OK, because I am back home now and back on the bandwagon. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hello April Sleevers! Today is my birthday and at the age of 63' date=' I have never felt better! I'm down 51 lbs since 4/10 and I haven't been in a size 12/14 since the 70's when I wore hip hugger bell bottoms! Now that's dating myself!! lol!! I never thought that I could be this low by my birthday, which was my goal. I'm hoping to lose the last 26 lbs by my anniversary date. Just got back from visiting my grandkiddies and my daughter-in-law makes the best apple pie in the world. I wonder if that's the reason I gained a lb this week!! An apple a day keeps the dr. away--and the weight loss. But that's OK, because I am back home now and back on the bandwagon. Hope everyone else is doing well![/quote']

We have a lot in Common. I lost 58# since surgery 4/27. 20 more to go. Wearing 12 & 14s a blessing from God.

Good morning all time for a check in. Weight loss is slow but I am used to it since surgery 4/24 down 65lbs . total 141. Still need to lose about 40. How is everyone going to manage to holidays I am nervous.?????

Weight loss has been very slow, but not unexpected. I also am dreading the holidays. This time of the year is really bad starting with my birthday in late Oct. then Halloween (I don't buy the candy but my grandkiddies collected them!), my 42nd anniversary, Turkey day and Christmas! All in a 2 month range! I always bake a ton of Cookies every year and it is very hard NOT to taste the batter and then the end product! I plan on baking again this year---it's just something I have to do. I did make cookes a couple of weeks ago to see if I could stay away from tasting---and I did, but with the holidays and the Christmas carolls! I don't know. Does anyone know any tricks to NOT gain any weight over the holidays? Would love some imput! Hope everyone is doing well.

I no longer dread anything. I finally feel an element of control and look forward to the holidays. Last year was harder, I was on a the pre-op plan and had to lose, not gain before the surgeon would give me approval. I focused on the good stuff and minimized my servings of the bad stuff and I did OK.

The same applies now, since I can't eat much, I will have to be selective - but I will probably have a few bites of everything because I no longer feel that I am in a race. I think I can realize my goal by the one year mark. I eat sensibly, and I get my excercise in almost everyday.

I also think an occasional indulgence is fine, then get right back on plan. No need to feel utterly deprived.

I feel so liberated!!

This thread makes me feel normal. Sleeved 3 April and down 63lb. I am happy with this as I am an older sleeves (53). Sometimes when I read some other threads I feel totally inadequate eg. "I am 2 months out and I have only lost xlb what am I doing wrong" in some cases the x is almost what I have lost in total. At the beginning of my journey I used to gt down when reading this type of post but I gave myself a talking to and decided to claim my journey for myself. I will lose at a rate that is suitable for me and I will not compare myself to others. I thought tht the weigtloss would take 1 year but I think it will be 15 months now. I want to lose 100lb.

UK Cathy - I can totally relate. I just turned 50, am 65 pounds down and have 55 left to go. I think I have been 65 pounds down for about a month now. I am happy to be where I'm at and know that it will happen, I just have to be patient!! I'm not as strict in my diet as others seem to be, but I'm pretty good. Life is meant to be lived and I'm so happy I have learned much better eating habits and that my bloodwork is now perfect! My doctor is thrilled so I guess I will be too!

I know what you mean I am 57 I'm down 58 #. I need to lose 25 more then maybe I can go off CPAP

I'm very thankful that today I finally hit 100 pounds lost. I had been stuck at 99 pounds for the last 2 weeks. I was sleeved on April 19th, and I can't believe that just 7 months ago I was 100 pounds heavier. It also feels good to know I won't have remorse after dinner today, because I can't overeat the way I use to. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We all have so much to be thankful for!!!

I have never met my Protein goal in the 6 months since surgery. My goal is 80g per day...I have hit 55 a couple times with substantial effort.

I have yet to find a Protein shake of any type that does not give me the sharts. I am lactose and soy intolerant since surgery' date=' so any dairy or soy is off my list. I have tried egg white, brown rice, and hemp Proteins mixed in Water, with no luck.

In fact, most liquids give me uncontrolled diarrhea. I have seen two GI physicians to try to get resolution, but no luck.

I have a few limited dietary Proteins that I can tolerate. In fact, about the only thing that doesn't give me issues is popcorn...and even that, only about a cup's worth. I wish I could bump up my calories, but 700 is about the most I can get on any given day.

While I appreciate the weight loss, I still regret this surgery, nearly half a year later. I have lost my hair and my health. My body is catabolizing my muscles to the extent that I barely have energy for work. I haven't been to the gym since pre surgery.

This is not what I expected life to be.[/quote']

Have u tried Syntrax Nectars (protein powder)? Its the best ive found n lactose free...

8 months out yesterday, my total lost comes to 127, lost since surgery is 111. I had been about 5 lbs lower, but I had a reaction to a vaccine, causing my adrenals and pancreas to overload...resulting in rapid, uncontrollable hypoglycemia. I now have to eat every 2-3 hours in order to stay functional, and I had to increase my carbohydrate intake in order to keep my blood sugar up. I have been at roughly the same weight for 6 weeks now. My PCP would like me to lose another 25lbs, but I don't know how doable that is.

Before surgery, I was in a size 4x. Now, I am between XL and L. It's funny - I thought I was prepared to deal with my loose skin. However, I feel even more self-conscious now at 185lbs than I ever did at 312lbs. I have taken to wearing long compression sleeves under my scrubs, as my 'batwing' loose skin hangs down my arm under my sleeves, gets caught and is painful at times. My thighs ripple and jiggle under my clothes...I'm seriously considering some Spanx to hold things in a bit better.

I am still having difficulty eating. On any given day, I will have at least one 'meal' where the food will not agree with me. It's never the same food, so I am having difficulty narrowing down what the cause is. I'll chew a bit or two thoroughly, and then get that 'oh dear God, it's stuck in my chest, I feel like I'm going to die' feeling for almost 30 minutes, where I become diaphoretic, nauseated, my pulse drops, etc. It's very distressing.

I'm not sure what to do about it....but I have become very fearful of eating. I tend to avoid it and agonize over it. I have exactly one food that does not give me issues, and that is string cheese - resulting in me eating 2-4 pieces of string cheese every day. This is not good, but I'm not sure what to do about it.

I am glad everyone is doing so well. Hoping the holidays find ya'll blessed.

Okay guys...Sleeved on the 27th at 330lbs, but my highest weight was 346lbs. I am only 18lbs away from wonderland! I'm currently standing at 217lbs with a total loss of 129lbs. OMG!

Let's see if I can get to 170lbs. I'm 5'6 so I'd be totally fine with that weight. My brother saw me recently and asked if I was in the 100's already. Wow what a compliment! I told him I was 217 and he said you don't look it. So at 170 I know I'll be just fine! :D

My life is so exciting and full of expectations, and goals. And it's all because of my decision to take control of my life, and get the sleeve. Best decision yet!! Thank you GOD!

Okay guys...Sleeved on the 27th at 330lbs' date=' but my highest weight was 346lbs. I am only 18lbs away from wonderland! I'm currently standing at 217lbs with a total loss of 129lbs. OMG!

Let's see if I can get to 170lbs. I'm 5'6 so I'd be totally fine with that weight. My brother saw me recently and asked if I was in the 100's already. Wow what a compliment! I told him I was 217 and he said you don't look it. So at 170 I know I'll be just fine! :D

My life is so exciting and full of expectations, and goals. And it's all because of my decision to take control of my life, and get the sleeve. Best decision yet!! Thank you GOD![/quote']

Ok have to ask the 27th of what month? And congrats!!