Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Just got my IV......it's just a matter of time now. :)

Just got my IV......it's just a matter of time now. :)

Prayers for a great procedure n recovery. The losers bench is waiting for you!

Several items in one post. No drain for me and no leak test the next day. Doc said he performed the leak test while I was in surgery and no need for another. No staples for me either. They used a medical sort of super glue to close up my 4 openings and I think my leftover stomach came out top right. I am the most sore there.

Finally, and certainly the most important, congratulations to those that have now joined us on the bench and all my best and tons of good healing vibes to those getting sleeved this week. I am thinking of you all and can sympathize with how you are feeling right before and when you wake. You all have our support. Keep is posted as you can.

Go April Sleevers!!!!!

To everyone being sleeved today, may God be with you from the time you enter operating room, during the procedure, and afterwards as you begin your speedy recovery. Be blessed, and welcome to to the start of your new life!

Seems like everyone is coming out of surgery successfully and I couldn't be more happier! So to everyone who jumprrd from pre to post op im wishibg you all a speedy recovery and a healthy weight loss journey. We have a few days left in April, it's almost time to wrap things up, can you feel the magic lol... When I first started this thread I didn't expect to see all of these responses but now 24 days down the line I couldn't be more surprised... This is a beautiful place and I'm proud to be a member of this endless journey of success!

Seems like everyone is coming out of surgery successfully and I couldn't be more happier! So to everyone who jumprrd from pre to post op im wishibg you all a speedy recovery and a healthy weight loss journey. We have a few days left in April, it's almost time to wrap things up, can you feel the magic lol... When I first started this thread I didn't expect to see all of these responses but now 24 days down the line I couldn't be more surprised... This is a beautiful place and I'm proud to be a member of this endless journey of success!

We're nearly there, 26th here we come! 13lbs lost already - well done, what a great start! Hope all goes so well for you.

Jimmygotsoul--- I can't believe how fast the time has flown by :) April has been a good month!! 2 weeks post op tomorrow and I get to start mushies!! woo hoo. choices,choices,choices...lol what to start with??

Kathy

Jimmy - best of luck to you. You're only a few days away. Thanks for starting this thread!

Well I had my surgery and am in my room I have a surprise I did not get the sleeve! My hernia was to big for it so she ended up doing the bypass! We did discuss this previously and that is what we decided on. So I knew there was a slight chance. Feeling pretty good very sore and tired. And oh my the dryouth is killing me. Hope all my date buddies did well also.

Seems like everyone is coming out of surgery successfully and I couldn't be more happier! So to everyone who jumprrd from pre to post op im wishibg you all a speedy recovery and a healthy weight loss journey. We have a few days left in April' date=' it's almost time to wrap things up, can you feel the magic lol... When I first started this thread I didn't expect to see all of these responses but now 24 days down the line I couldn't be more surprised... This is a beautiful place and I'm proud to be a member of this endless journey of success![/quote']

Thank you for starting this and I hope that your surgery goes smoothly too!

Yes, thanks, Jimmy, for starting this topic and for bringing us all together in what has been an epoch-making month for us all.

Wishing you the very best for your surgery tomorrow. It must have seemed a long month waiting for it while so many of the rest of us were having it done, but your starring moment on the operating table awaits! All the very best to you and to everyone else still to be sleeved this month.

Life is about to get exciting! There will be struggles along the wAy but it all part of the process. I am so glad I researched this and was emotionally and physically prepared. I am now better equipped to handle obstacles.

I am doing much much better! My blood is getting better and so are my spirits. I did have a breaking point wherey family was eating pizza and I wanted it so badly! I was very angry and cried! Then I told my husband how ridiculous it is to shed tears over a pizza?!? It was just s bad moment. Later I found a recipe for pizza soup! I'm excited to try it when I am off clear liquids!

Stay strong my friend!

Amy

Hi, Amy! Yes, I did an enormous amount of research, too, and took a very long while to reach my decision, which I am sure helped me to feel both physically and emotionally prepared for the operation and - although time will tell - for all that follows.

So sorry to hear about your crisis moment over the pizza! Living on my own, I can avoid those moments for now, although I'm pretty sure I'll be experiencing plenty once I am up to going out for meals with friends once again. It can't be much longer before you'll be able to try the pizza Soup, though, so take heart and count those disappearing pounds as they fly by!

All the best,

Janet

My surgery is in 3 days and I'm ready to begin my journey. I'm down 14 pounds so far on my 2week pre-op liquid diet and this week has been better than last week. Thank you to everyone that keeps me posted on your journey. It has encouraged me to know everything will go great and I can do this.

Day 5 was a little better. I got 46 grams Protein and 32oz Water in. Missed my protein intake by 14oz and my water by 32oz. So today I'm starting earlier and my goal is to at least get my 60grams of protein in. Suggestions are definitely welcomed especially from the experienced sleevers that have mastered all of this. Clear Liquids phase get very boring very fast!

Hey all, I'm starting day 3 of my week of Pre-op liquid diet, last week was LOW carb., yesterday was my worst as far as being hungry but I made it through. I go in next Monday (30'th) at 6:30 and on the table at 8:00. I'm having moments of fear but I keep thinking as good as I feel with having lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet, how good will I feel when I loose some real weight. being on of the last ones to go under, I hope you guys will stick around a while and help me through the post-op stuff.