Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, 4 Months After Surgery. Stalled, Tired, And Disappointed In Myself.

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have logged on and read posts.

I had my sleeve surgery in November 2011. Surgery was rough, but successful. The scales have been steady for about a month. I am tired all the time and honestly have not exercised (not sure why). Could you some encouragement.

Also, have a gurgling sound after I eat. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Any support, suggestions, anything is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure how to help but i too have that same gurgling sound when i eat and drink. My Husband says it sounds like i am growling in my sleep. I think its funny.. But i am not sure how long he can tke it.. LOL I would love to hear what people have to say about this. I was thinking it was acid but i take my meds so idk

I was sleeved Dec. 13th. I had the stomach gurgling for about the first 2 months but it has stopped now. I was told that it's just your new tummy getting use to foods/liquids again and readjusting. I'd say just give it some more time. It will eventually stop. As far as energy goes, I am always tired and have no energy. I take all my Vitamins daily; multi, C, E, Selenium, Zinc, B12 Sub., and Calcium. I just signed up with a gym a week ago and hired a personal trainer. I've had 2 sessions with her so far and I can tell you my stamina and energy level IS improving! I have not felt like getting off the couch since my surgery but things are finally changing and I really believe it's because I'm making myself move. My doc said if you don't have the energy to actually exercise at least KEEP MOVING: meaning instead of asking someone to bring you a drink since their in the kitchen anyways...get up and get it yourself. Instead of driving to the mailbox....walk there. Instead of making a pile at the bottom of your stairs to take up in one load...take each item up as needed. So, I am always conscious to KEEP MOVING and I believe that is helping too. Make sure you are getting all your Protein in each day as that will decrease your energy too if you don't. Best of luck to you and remember everyone's journey is different. Keep searching and trying different things to fit your needs and you will find your way!!!

My energy level hasn't been great considering I have lost alot of weight and should be feeling GREAT. For the amount I have lost, it in the past took more like a year to acheive this much weight loss and I remember feeling so energized at the weight I am now. I guess I am getting older, but probably the big deal is that it is hard on the body to go through the surgery and rapid weight loss - makes sense that it will take awhile before I feel that extra energy boost.

What did help though was upping the exercise. I went back to things that have energized me in the past - Water aerobics, elliptical trainer and a bit of weight lifting.

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have logged on and read posts.

I had my sleeve surgery in November 2011. Surgery was rough, but successful. The scales have been steady for about a month. I am tired all the time and honestly have not exercised (not sure why). Could you some encouragement.

Also, have a gurgling sound after I eat. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Any support, suggestions, anything is greatly appreciated.

Heya Georgia,

It took me at least that much time before I started getting my normal energy back post surgery. Some of us get this insane fatigue after surgery, and I was one of them.

I think what changed was I bumped up my Water, Protein and started working out longer and more intense. It did help a lot I think, as well as ensuring I was getting all my supplements daily, especially my Iron, Vitamin D3, Multi-Vitamins plus Minerals, and B-12.

As far as the gurgling... well I still get it this far out.. 18 months post op. I don't know how to get rid of it, I just live with it now.

I gurgle after I drink Water. I just hit myself hard in the gut and say shut up. Kidding. :)

Exercise after surgery is a tricky thing. You don't feel like doing it but if you don't do it you will feel less like doing it and get on a downward spiral of weakness and stalling. I guess you have to be a nasty drill sergeant and kick your own butt into activity.

I gurgle after drinking too. I am getting used to it. The fatigue thing has been really hard. I was telecommuting for awhile, but now that I am back in the office full time, I am exhausted at night. I have been falling asleep at like 7 which is crazy! I am hoping this improves with time. I am going to try exercising in the morning instead of the evening and see if it helps. I guess our bodies really are going through quite a bit.

You know, right around 4 months I got that super tiredness thing too... I never officially worked out either. I did what Irene suggested- upped my Protein and my Water. I also started taking a B-12 supplement (though only a few, and only until I felt better, I didn't see the need to keep it going) and after awhile my energy was higher than ever and hasn't diminished.

Also, we ALL go through stalls at some point or another (i'm in one now). Focus on hitting your Protein and Water goals, keep the treats to a minimum and go on with your life. The stall will end!! If you feel like you should exercise, then exercise. But don't beat yourself up because you didn't before.

Cheer up! ((((HUG)))