Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flame Free Friday Confessions!

TGIF Bitchezzzzzz!

It's time for our Flame Free Friday Confessions, so spill you dirty little secrets and remember, we don't judge ;->

My dirty little secret of the week? I ate a nutty butty ice cream cone the other day and it was - DELICIOUS! I kept waiting for the restriction to hit about half way through but it never did. That tells me that ice cream is a dangerous, dangerous food. From now on I'm sticking to my SF popsicles.

I had a half a pack of tic tacs on Wednesday ^_^

Okay.. My favorite restuarant is the Grand Lux Cafe downtown Chicago... I had a friend visit from MN, so we went to dinner... I ate 2 chocolate chip pecan cookies!!! I've had one as a snack each night since Tuesday!!! (The server gave another half dozen as a birthday present!!)...

I had coffee and a cake donut at a 3 ½ hour long meeting Wednesday. I eat the donut in batches of 3 it took about 1 ½ hours and I had no real issues I felt the restriction and wasn’t over full, however by the end of the day I had to go to the bathroom (TMI) because my stomach felt upset, I thought I would have diarrhea but I didn’t. So what I learn is that donuts can be done with my sleeve and I get restriction but shouldn’t be done because of the tummy issues.

cheez-its...

A friend of mine who had the full bypass found this carmel kettlecorn. Over the course of the week....I ate half a bag. Its not an excuse, but I was traveling on the road and the hotel didn't have anything that was sleeve friendly. So I survived on string cheese, greek yogurt, Protein Shakes and popcorn.< /p>

I don't have a lot to confess this week, thankfully! I bought a box of those tiny peppermint patties and I'm allowing myself 4 per day (40 calories). That seems to have cured my sweet tooth for now. :)

I have started taking a 50mg Tramadol pain pill before I leave work for home so that I'm not a raving lunatic b***h when I get there and find the house in an uproar (i.e. normal). My husband calls them my "happy pills".

Last week I read how cheetos were a big slider and guilty pleasure for many. I resolved to stay as far away from them- then my dad who is a huge enabler brought a huge bag of Jax (the best cheetoes ON THE PLANET!) and before I knew it 3 handfuls were GONE. Nothing else I've eaten has gone down like that. Afterward I couldn't believe I had eaten them- but then I realized that I STOPPED! Before this surgery I absolutely would have eaten that entire FULL SIZED bag without thinking twice. Now it's sitting in my cupboard and I haven't touched it since.

Last night I ignored my gentle full signal and took another bite. It was a five alarm OHMYGODIMDYING feeling. Holy crap my sleeve is no joke. I wasn't sure if I was going to pass out, die, start leaking, or all of the above.

I'm a month out and I eat like I did before surgery only in tiny portions. No puree, no mush, just regular old food. It's wonderful.

I ate some twizzlers the other day and also some chocolate covered raisins. Also I have been drinking more diet pepsi than I should and not as much Water. I am on a mission to do better from now on. I am starting to wonder if my back pain might actually be kidney pain from being dehydrated.

I ate some twizzlers the other day and also some chocolate covered raisins. Also I have been drinking more diet pepsi than I should and not as much Water. I am on a mission to do better from now on. I am starting to wonder if my back pain might actually be kidney pain from being dehydrated.