Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Two Week Liquid Diet

I agree with "isntsheclever" about the Syntrax brand of power whey Proteins. Only brand I know of that avoids totally the chocolate/vanilla/strawberry triad of dull over-used flavors. Isn't cheap though, and difficult to find sometimes in retail health stores.

Day 1 of my pre surgery diet - im not going to lie - i'm hungry!

i started w/the vanilla whey Protein powder in milk this morning - could only do 3/4 of it before i called it quits. over lunch i bought some Atkins shakes & added milk (for the extra protein) - and that was DELICIOUS comparatively!

Had a "healthy choice" of dinner & it has 16g of Protein in it - so - hooray! 61g of protein today! Goal met - & i'm starving.... but...im trying!

it is so funny how drs.are so different.I regular food up to the day of my surgery.I had surgery on 3/20/2012.for dinner I had Soup, which was the lightest thing i ate all day,I was told to make a light dinner and then nothing to eat or drink after midnight

Day 2 -

HUNGRY!!!!!

But getting better...

60g of Protein today - 40 oz of Water... & hungry - BUT - worth it! :)

Hello everyone ... I have been inspired by all of you. Today I finished my pre surgical testing my surgery is April 17. I am adjusting on the shakes but I dream of food and it's always on my mind. Nervous and excited and scared but moving forward. Again thanks to all you for sharing your journey.

@isntsheclever which flavors of the Syntrax nectar are you favorites? I am getting sleeved on the 28th and preparing. Thanks

now that i'm post-op, i really prefer the flavors that are good mixed with milk. that would be chocolate truffle, vanilla bean torte, strawberry mousse and Cappuccino. i'm sure i would love the double stuffed cookie flavor, too, however it's the only flavor that's not gluten free. as far as the flavors that are mixed with Water, i like the Twisted cherry and the lemonade the most. post-op i cannot stomach the strawberry kiwi. i almost threw up...

Thanks, I ordered the lemon tea which had high reviews, the Roadside Lemonade & fuzzy navel for Water mixing. I did get the vanilla bean torte & cappuccino for mixing with milk. Wish me luck? Thanks again!

Good luck!! I did like the lemon tea, because it was so different and a nice break from all the super sweet stuff. I really hope you like them!!

I'm on the second week of my pre-op diet. I hear a lot of you saying how you can have liquids only, but for some reason my surgeon allows two shakes then one meal a day. Does anyone know why some surgeons want it to be total liquid for two weeks and some don't?

@sleevensd My guess is depending on how big your liver is. I was told I had a fatty liver and need to reduce the size greatly. I have my preop visit on Friday, 13th and then my NUT will tell me what's required on mine. I hope I get at least one meal...best wishes to you!

Thank you for your response vsg30815. Did they do some sort of test to determine fatty liver, or did the doc just go by height and weight etc. ?

I actually bought some EAS yesterday. I was looking for strawberry, but they were out, so I got chocolate. It is okay.

Try adding a cup of milk to the EAS chocolate. I really like it that way and it boosts your Protein up 8 more grams!

Thank you for your response vsg30815. Did they do some sort of test to determine fatty liver' date=' or did the doc just go by height and weight etc. ?[/quote']

You're welcome! The ultrasound determined the fatty liver.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I tried the EAS rich dark chocolate and mixed in a packet of unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury for extra protien. It was pretty good. I am also on 2 shakes a day and 1 Lean Cuisine in the evening. I can also have sf Jello, sf popsicles, sf fudge popsicles, juice. I tried the chicken Soup Unjury. I did not care for it too much, but I will be able to tolerate it. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 days. Yay!