Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 weeks post op and all the sudden I have terrible heart burn for the last three days its about to drive me crazy nothing is working(even stuff from my sugeron) prilosec, pepcid or tums. Any ideas would help!

Are you drinking or eating very acidic type stuff? Some people have a difficulty with Crystal Light lemonade and such. I would also check to see if you may need to adjust your dosage of your Prilosec.

Today I tried to eat a lot of dairy thinking that will calm it down it didn't! I just take one Prilosec in the morning and tums at night.

I am a week post op and I had it all day yesterday, Water helped a little, made through until today. Okay today, try just water, nothing acidic.

My sister had horrible heartburn -tums didn't work but the tums smoothies did. Maybe swtich up to that or rolaids instead?

Today I tried to eat a lot of dairy thinking that will calm it down it didn't! I just take one Prilosec in the morning and tums at night.

I was having alot of burning too. (I am 8 days out). I was told to take the PPI (I'm on nexium) with Water in the morning on an empty stomach, then another dose two hours before bed with nothing to eat or drink afterwards. I was told NOT to use Tums as it would create more acid. I have not had any problems since I added the evening dose.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning with heartburn. It's been so bad that every time I eat I have to throw up. I'm 7 weeks post op and I've been doing great until now. I have an appointment with my doctor today, so I hope I can get some help.

my surgeon prescribed nexium from day one to try to prevent this. im 6 days post off and only deal with sizzling gas that comes up

My surgeon suggested Prilosec OTC but I ask which I have been taking at night since my surgery on 2/27 but I asked my pcp to give me a prescription since it is much cheaper than buying OTC.