Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flame Free Friday Confessions!

LMAO@Merydia710 - "big ass sandwhich". I bet it was goooooood too! LOL

Oh it was. It was like a home made deli sandwich. I'm a self taught chef. So I don't make anything half assed... :)

Technically it's not Friday anymore but I have a little confession to make to..

I decided to start mushies 2 weeks early on my own. I couldn't stand anymore soups/Full liquids. So far everything has gone down perfect I chew it well and I try to be very careful about what I am eating and I chew it until it's liquid so I'm hoping it's ok :/

Well ..... When on Clear Liquids, I occasionally ate mushies. When on "full liquids" I was eating regular food here and there. When I was supposed to be on mushies I was totally on solids.

I DO NOT recommend this BTW.

I eat too fast.

I never chew enough.

I have been eating boatloads of dark chocolate for a couple of months now.

I am currently having a problem with rice cakes and butter. Threw the rice cakes out finally. Oy.

I am eating too much and am having head hunger issues.

I am working out a minimum of three times a week and walk to/from work every day, so that's a good one to offset my bad ways.

I feel like there's more bad stuff I'm doing but I can't think of it. :lol:

I eat too fast.

I have been eating boatloads of dark chocolate for a couple of months now.

:lol:

I had a bit of 70-80% dark chocolate yesterday. Just a tiny bit sent me over the moon. Trader Joe's has these regional dark chocolates from Venezuela, New Guinea, etc.

That is going to be one of my occasional treats I think. Dark choclate is actually good for you - not in boatloads of course ;-)

I have one lindt chocolate truffle almost every night. Its 70 calories, but is one of the best parts of my evening.

The good thing is that I have never eaten two....only one (I*'m seven weeks post op, and have been doing this for two or three weeks), and before surgery I would have easily eaten 10 before I knew it.

Still its against the "rules" but its my one cheat thing per day. Other than that, I actually eat WAY healthier than I did pre surgery, and I exercise every day.

Oh, I also eat way too fast, and dont chew enough. I do observe the Water rule, but only because if I drink during or after a meal, it hurts because there is no room for it.

oh, also (!) I eat about 1500 calories per day at 7 weeks. But, I'm not sure that is a confession. (?)

For some reason, I never really liked these preop, but I love Dove milk chocolate or Hershey Bliss. I started at about 3 weeks melting one piece down to liquid in my mouth. I had to stop bringing them in the house about two weeks ago though, couldn't trust myself anymore. The NUT said it was fine actually for me to have the one chocolate a night, so that took all the fun out of it...LOL!

I have had sips of diet soda, but it doesnt taste very good any more. Hubby had a glass of wine a couple of nights ago, and offered me a sip, and I had it, it tasted great, but it was sooooo weird, I could FEEL it hit my stomach. it didn't hurt, but it produced a "sensation" -- anyone ever felt this?

I am an avid surfer o' the web at work, but I get my work done and then some so I don't feel too guilty. But I do use my iPad on the guest network rather than surf on my computer...LOL. That way if someone looks at my desk when I am in the office I never look naughty....bwahaha!

It is not even close to being Friday, but I wanted to join in.

I drink alcohol, and I don't log it into my daily tracking.

I don't drink alcohol daily, but I do have some every week. Tonight, for instance, I am having a glass of wine.

My usual choice is Budweiser 55, which is 55 calories. If I'm out with friends, I tend to have one total (two bottles though). I can't drink it fast enough to have it stay cold, so I usually drink a half a bottle and then get another bottle and drink half of that.

I tried Mike's Hard Lemonade. That I can drink faster. Don't try it. One bottle gave me a headache the next day, and I never had hangovers before.

ive been exhausted for a week now due to the flu. This morning i picked up a 5 hour energy shot and chugged it down as fast as my sleeve would let me. I have had no caffeine nothing "bad" since my surgery but i just needed to get going, even though i know these arent good for me and who the hell really knows what exactly are in them.

I don't think you should feel bad about that. Those five hour energy's I believe are actually quite good when you are having a slow day. The biggest amount of what is in it is B12. Which is a metabolic Vitamin that most are reccommended to take after surgery anyways. I usually just try for a half of the 5 hour now since the surgery and it really does the trick when feeling groggy. Next time your out check the label it says everything that is in it and most are just vital Vitamins anyways. No sugar and like 8333% of B12, lol a good kick in the energy department. Try checking out some Vitamins at your local Walmart I always recommend a b12 for anyone that doesnt have the energy they wish they had, surgery or not.

Okay, I won't lie. I have not been on a strict diet since month four. I really do eat pretty much whatever I want just in a much smaller portion. I do try to choose healthy, but there are those times when my friends want to go out and eat at the restaurants and I'm not not going. Love me some mexican and Pasta. Oh chips and salsa you are my weakness!

I am with Chell. I am do to be sleeved in three weeks and have been pigging out since I got my date :unsure:

Every time I see something delicious I have to eat it! I have this "last supper" complex now.

It doesn't help that my doctor only requires a 3 day pre-op diet.

It's not Friday but I have to confess I ate a hot dog today and it was good. I put some turkey chili on it and had half for lunch and half for dinner

I'm over 3 months out and I still can't stop overfilling my sleeve. Some stuff just tastes so good that I want more of it and I end up having to throw it up. :( I also can't stop eating too fast, especially when I'm eating with other people. I also eat too many carbs! I've always been a carbhound. I even have a home movie of me as a toddler walking around eating on a plain piece of bread!

I am three weeks post op and stll find it hard to swallow, so I chew and spit. If I want something, I chew it up to get the taste and then it goes in the trash. I only get in between 300-400 cal a day. The Protein shakes gag me. I have already lost 41# but I stay exhausted. I am addicted to the scale and my pretty pink tape measure. And after years of once a month+- sex, I have decided that I like that again too...every day. My husband is praying for himself..lmbo. Wow, that was a load off!

Sent from my iPhone using VST