Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh, Unjury Tastes Like Butt!

I've been mixing the GNC brand of unflavored Protein Powder with Water and those little packets of sugar free flavoring. It tastes great! But the little crystals of Protein mix left at the bottom, not so great. I read somewhere on here that the Unjury mixes the best so I bought some. Omg, after being mixed it smells like rotten meat and tastes just as bad. What is everyone else mixing it in to overpower that awful taste? I'd hate to have wasted my money :(

Yes, its the unflavored. It tastes terrible!

Oops, double post! Stupid VST app!

nectar has unflavored, and it is isolate. I have it and am SO grossed out by it, but I get grossed out easy, it doesn't taste bad, I just *know* it's in there.

OMG...I so agree!! I bought the unflavored Unjury and tried it in Water and crystal lite. It was so gross, it turned my stomach!

Its really funny that you say tasts like butt. That is exactly what I thought of. I grossed my husband out so bad because I told him "Ugh this stuff tastes like someone farted in my mouth" He said "Really Nik thats nasty". He should try drinking it then haha. I think they all taste bad, its just a matter of finding one thats tolerable!!

The GNC brand was good mixed with the flavored drink mixes. I guess I can deal with the gritty stuff at the bottom. It's better than almost throwing up trying to make myself drink the Unjury. Luckily, their website says the have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so I've emailed them and asked for my money back.

I think the unflavored Unjury is better in food than in liquids. Just my opinion though. :)

I'll try it but I'm not sure I'd be able to get past the smell!

I lived off unjury unflavored powder for 6 months. I take a large bottle of Aquafina Water, add 2 scoops Unjury unflavored, unflavored sugar free Fiber powder, GNC orange flavored liquid Vitamins, and a Crystal light. Maybe try 2 packets of crystal light. I got used to it and I didnt have a problem. You do have to shake it every time before you drink it. I drank this everyday bc I have the lapband and could not eat. I threw up everyday so I got to the point I was afraid eat so I quit. It was this concoction or nothing. I actually started looking forward to it, like I said you just get used to what you have to. Unjury is a good product. I also use it in shakes. 1 small can of sugar free red bull, 2 scoops unjury, a handful of ice, a cup of Water and about 3 scoops Blue Bunny no sugar double strawberry, and a handfull of frozen strawberries, blend. Ohhh so good, I would drink on this for 2-3 hours. Then I would have my bottled water concoction.

I have found now that the bullets called New whey from GNC that works well. Its liquid, mixes well and doesnt taste or smell bad. I mix it in a large bottle of water and then add grape crystal light, I always add powdered sugar free unflavored Fiber. You can also add the liquid vitamins and its still tasty. The bullets from GNC have 42g Protein and are $3.49. So it can get expensive to use this everyday. Wal-mart now carry them and they are $1.99 but only have 26g of Protein in a bullet.

Well thats just my 2 cents. I do think Unjury is a good product. Just experiment with it and try not to smell it. Im used to the smell also so that doesnt bother me either. Just shake it up every time before drinking it if you put it in water.

i agree about the smell of the Protein powders so I drink out of a travel mug so I don't have to smell it. That said, I love coffee so this is what my husband came up with for me.

He makes a pot of really strong Decaf then pours it in ice cube trays and freezes;

then in the morning he mixes -

1 cup fat free milk - 9 grams protein

1 bttle of the Special K breafast drink - 10 grams protein

4 or 5 coffee ice cubes

1 shot sugar free carmel Syrup

11/2 scoops of Unjury unflavored - 30 grams protein

Total 50 grams of protein

Blend it all together and it will make two 16 oz. portions.

This is what I will drink on during the day and really like it. I feel like I'm drinking a frappuccino or at least a cold coffee. :rolleyes:

I tried the nectar fruit flavors, I couldn't do it. I might try them again before I completely rule them out.

If I drink anything with Protein Powder in it though I do have to use the travel mug so I don't smell it.

I know the Protein grams add up to 49 just rounded up, also I do know how to spell it just seems my fingers don't today. :wacko: