Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I Learned.......

I am 5 weeks out today and thought I was doing pretty well. Nothing I have eaten has really caused me problems. My problem is making sure I get enough calories, specifically Protein into my diet. This weekend I had a couple days where I felt really nauseous......day and night. No new foods added; couldn't figure out what the problem was. After much back-tracking I realized that I had not eaten much those two days, and NOT eaten enough Protein.< /p>

The next day, I made sure I ate enough protein, and ate more frequently. Ta-da...no nausea! OK....lesson learned. I HAVE to eat...and that's a new one for me :) .

Glad ur doing better.. I'll have to remember that :)

Yeah, it's definitely weird that now we must make ourselves eat rather than haunt the kitchen constantly like I did pre-op! :)

Yup! I go into the kitchen more now to feed my rabbits than I do myself...but they are HUGE rabbits! :)

Good to know! Glad to hear your nausea is gone! ;)

I am 5 weeks out and deal with the same thing. Although I am doing good lately about getting in my Protein, it all comes from shakes mostly. I eat maybe 2 ozs of food on a good day. I really hope I can start eating more soon bc I know I am not getting close to the recommended amount of calories in that I should be daily and it is giving me a slow(but steady) weight loss. I think I would be losing more if I could up my calories a bit and get my body out of starvation mode. lol.

It's funny, my doctor told me at my two week check up to go to mushy foods and up the Protein. Which would naturally up the calories. I was averaging 550 per day in the first two weeks. He said 600-800 is goal for the next month. I've been struggling, too, to just hit 625. And yes, I find I feel worse on days I don't eat enough. THEN, I talk to my NUT today and she's telling me to keep it under 600. WTH?!? Do they not talk to each other? I'm losing - slowly - but I'm losing. So I'm just taking it day-by-day and trying not to get stressed out by their conflicting messages :blink:

Glad you figured it out and are feeling better!

Good for you! Glad you are feeling better!