Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lmpraoooo! that would be interesting and a great sight to see!!! i get buzzed quickly & then i cant stop smiling and laughing! ima happy talkitive drunk! lol

I haven't drink in ages,maybe if I have a little sip of wine or something I will see the stars and the space LOL

lmpraoooo! that would be interesting and a great sight to see!!! i get buzzed quickly & then i cant stop smiling and laughing! ima happy talkitive drunk! lol

ha ha ha I can be dangerous while drunk,that is why I stay away,clothes might be flying around me LOL

last time i drank, i was planking in the middle of the street. well not literally, i tripped and fell lmprao! my friends all joke that i was planking on the busiest street of the bronx! to top it off, my ring flew off my finger when i fell & instead of getting up & picking up the ring, i laid there (face down), grabbed the ring & put it back on my finger before getting up!

LMPRAO!!! now that right there was the funniest thing ive ever done!

ha ha ha I can be dangerous while drunk,that is why I stay away,clothes might be flying around me LOL

last time i drank, i was planking in the middle of the street. well not literally, i tripped and fell lmprao! my friends all joke that i was planking on the busiest street of the bronx! to top it off, my ring flew off my finger when i fell & instead of getting up & picking up the ring, i laid there (face down), grabbed the ring & put it back on my finger before getting up!

LMPRAO!!! now that right there was the funniest thing ive ever done!

LOL

Alcohol is on my surgeons No Forever list.

Personally, I don't believe in the NO-FOREVER list. I mean, unless one is an alcoholic, why the heck not? I'm not a drinker, but I like one occasionally. I certainly take the Eucharist every Sunday and have been since 2 days post-op.

I think the no soda forever is BS as well. Yeah, like it's going to pop my sleeve. I can burp ya know. The upper esophageal sphincter works just fine thanks.

I'm a drinker, and I waited ~ 3 months. When I say drinker, I mean a couple times a month, not alcoholic-type. I have drank whiskey, white russians (getting the Protein in with the milk, you know), vodka... etc. Never been a beer drinker, and I wouldn't be surprised if I never drank another beer. Be aware, your tolerence is waaaaaay down. I used to be able to drink about as much as I wanted and still be completely functional. No more! a couple drinks and I'm feeling it.

I'm a drinker, and I waited ~ 3 months. When I say drinker, I mean a couple times a month, not alcoholic-type. I have drank whiskey, white russians (getting the Protein in with the milk, you know), vodka... etc. Never been a beer drinker, and I wouldn't be surprised if I never drank another beer. Be aware, your tolerence is waaaaaay down. I used to be able to drink about as much as I wanted and still be completely functional. No more! a couple drinks and I'm feeling it.

You cheap drunk you ;-) LOL

You cheap drunk you ;-) LOL

Hahahaha... FINALLY. Yet another way the sleeve is paying for itself :)

Personally, I don't believe in the NO-FOREVER list. I mean, unless one is an alcoholic, why the heck not? I'm not a drinker, but I like one occasionally. I certainly take the Eucharist every Sunday and have been since 2 days post-op.

I think the no soda forever is BS as well. Yeah, like it's going to pop my sleeve. I can burp ya know. The upper esophageal sphincter works just fine thanks.

I believe that my surgeon likes to try to avoid crossover addictions, which is why alcohol is such a no/no under his program.

The Bariatric Nurse in my Dr's office advised us to wait at least 4 weeks. The Doctors instructions said one year, but I only believe its because of the fact that alcohol effects us a lot faster. I am having a couple of sips of a apple martini tonight.....I did not have my first real alcohol beverage until my 30th Bday so needless to say I can not hold my liquor so therefore I will be a sipping betty. I worked all day to get in my Protein, nutrients and Vitamins so I am okay w/a few empty calories.

I am 3ths out this week.

Kaiser Fremont guidelines are at least six months. I was OK'd for a couple of drinks a week at my six month appt. I drink one to two drinks once or twice a week now. I do recommend waiting till you are close to goal or at goal because they are empty calories. I had about 15 lbs. to goal in late November when I started drinking again. I used to drink 2-3 drinks 1-2 times per week before I started the pre-op plan so I drink 1 drink less now to get the same buzz.

Lynda

lol thats good cuz i hate drinking so if a few sips gives me a buzz than woohoo! lol

i cant hold my liquor either. a shot would have me drunk. i can imagine what itll be like with a sleeve! lol

The Bariatric Nurse in my Dr's office advised us to wait at least 4 weeks. The Doctors instructions said one year, but I only believe its because of the fact that alcohol effects us a lot faster. I am having a couple of sips of a apple martini tonight.....I did not have my first real alcohol beverage until my 30th Bday so needless to say I can not hold my liquor so therefore I will be a sipping betty. I worked all day to get in my Protein, nutrients and Vitamins so I am okay w/a few empty calories.

My Dr. said 6 months too. I was a VERY social drinker. My coworkers even asked me why I wasn't coming to Happy Hour on Fridays anymore. Then the they noticed the weight, so they assumed I was just dieting. I'm going to stick to the 6 months no alcohol and have my first drink after school on the last day before summer break. Hopefully I will have reached my goal by then and celebrate!