Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Not Had Hair Loss?

Is there anyone out there that did not experience hair loss? I'm 12 days away from surgery and this is starting to really worry me. I have very thick hair so I'm hoping either it isn't noticable or I'm lucky and it doesnt happen to me.

If you have lost hair, how much?

I am 3 months out and I have not thank goodness my sister did ..

I lost lots starting in month 3 but it stopped at month 9. It never got so bad that people noticed but I noticed. Don't worry--if it's going to happen it will happen and it will grow back. Biotin won't stop it but I got great nails and my regrowth looks really healthy.

I'm 2.5 months out. I normally shed alot of hair so I am worried that I will loose alot....Nothing so far!

Im almost 6 months out and I've lost very little hair. Fortunately, my hair is cut pretty short already, so any loss/shedding is not noticeable at all. I'm still worried that I'm not out of the woods yet. But at this point, I'd think it'd have fallen more if it were going to.

You won't go bald. It'll grow back. There's really nothing you can do to stop it or slow it down, aside from taking care of your overall health. That's about all you can say...

Of course, you COULD take a page from my book and shave your head. I didn't notice any loss at all ;)

im 2months out and have not experienced any hairloss.

We do loose hair. And it is hard to experience it happening. I can't wait until it stops and I have alot of regrowth. ;)

I'm over 5 months out and have experienced no Hair loss. In fact, my hair seems to be growing more and faster than before.

I started loosing at the 3month mark, still looosing at the 5 month mark. I had very think hair to begin with so while i REALLY notice it, most people would not unless i told the, about it.

I'm 3 months post-op and I haven't noticed much difference in Hair loss. I know I might be shedding a little more than usual, but it's not noticeable. I've always had super thick hair, so I wasn't really too worried about hair loss. In fact, I was almost hoping (key word: almost ;)) that *some* of my extra hair would fall out. My hair is so unmanageable at times. ;)

I am at just over nine weeks and am just now finding hair in the shower and in my hairbrush. I am upping my Protein supplements (don't feel like eating much) and trying to get back on track with my Vitamins.

I am still happy I did this, even if I were bald. Gosh, I hope I didn't just jinx myself! lol