Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat

WTG on the working out Anne! I really think exercise is the key... I'm not sure why I have to work so hard at convincing myself to unlock that door! You have such a great outlook even with the complications that you've had... makes me feel like a big ole whiner...lol. Anyhoo... good to see your post!

Dianne... You are a go-getter girl! I could never make it in sales/advertising... I'd be telling people they don't really need my services and how they can do it on their own...lol. Well... maybe as I get older. :)

I think summer has sucked up some of our thread members... hmmm... guess that means I don't have a life...lol.

I did count calories today... until we went out to dinner. I'm sure the minute amount of rice and Beans didn't add up to much but the jumbo marguarita (sp?) might have added up to a substantial amount...lol. Anyhoo... it was awesome and I wanted another! I don't think it is a problem as I went out in the heat to the humane society and walked dogs for two hours before going out to dinner which probably wore a few cals in sweat alone!

Must go put jammies on....

(((hugs)))

Urrrrrghhhhh! I pushed "post reply" and everything I just wrote DISAPPEARED!!!!! It was long, too!

Short version: Finished room, looks pretty good, can't wait to see DD's face! Looking forward to picking her up, leaving at 7:30 AM.

Did some extra walking this morning while I was on shopping trip.

Yea for Darcy for walking dogs, Yea for Eileen for being only 42 (I had a one month old baby when I turned that age!)

Love Anne's idea of getting us a NJ address list for Christmas cards...will PM you, Anne. Let us know if you want our email addresses, or are you going to mail these address lists to us?

I'll chat with you wonderful people tomorrow....hope this post actually makes it!

Hugs, Cindy

Happy Saturday :)

Cindy... YAY... I'm glad you are off to get your DD today and I know she will be be gald to be home! My DD has been with her dad for the last 2 weeks and comes home Monday... I sure have missed her!

In egards to Christmas cards... I have ta tell you guys that I am terrible about sending any type of card...lol. I buy them but rarely send them... not sure why. I haven't sent Christmas cards out for the last 4 years so I will probably hafta bow out of the exchange. I know... Bah Hum Bug.

Well... planning on working out this morning and then heading over to the humane society to work with the dogs for awhile. THere is a sweet white German Shepherd puppy there that I have fallen in love with... God please give me the strength to leave him there! Oh and his name is Jack. THis was my Jack that we had to have put down.

post-203959-13813133862983_thumb.jpg

Happy Saturday :P

Anne :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: three cheers for the 7 lb loss, thats WONDERFUL !!! I'm so glad things are starting to work for you. Me like Darcy is fighting that dreaded *E* word even though I also know its what I need. No plans for the weekend except to visit a friend tomorrow. I got my cake yesterday, german chocolate... not as good as I expected but it will do LOL. Card idea is cool Beans :mad: as long as we don't share with others our address if you know what I mean.

Darcy, take that puppy home !!! bet he's there for a reason and thats you. Maybe you can go on walks with him (exercise hint hint) :) Your jack is beautiful !!! I have no doubt the scale has moved for you this week... good job~ You need glasses girl b/c I do not look 32 ROFLMFAO I think I look my age and thats okay, better than looking older lol. Your a doll.

Dianne, good luck on getting another client. You know many times I notice how many people peep in here and read whats going on.... kinda creepy in a way LOLOL Wish these lurkers would say hello ya know.

Cindy can't wait to hear about DD's reaction to her room.... *giggle* Good for yuo for getting in some extra walking whoot !

You know, cleaning is hazardous to your health....yesterday while cleaning my kitchen I stepped over my dog and ramed my toe into the chair leg.... I think I broke it or its badly bruised LOLOL I broke my other toe last summer LOL. I'm getting like my mother, every summer she breaks some toes and I'm following in her "foot steps" no pun intended but funnnnnnny haaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!

I went food shopping at 7 am this morning so thats DONE~ *hate it* and my niece Jess is here sleeping so when she wakes up we will play and maybe hit the pool early.

Right now I'm stuffing my pie hole with an egg, virginia ham and cheese (just fried in the pan) yummmy.... SNORT~

Whats everyone up to today?

Eileen...you are a lot of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily... there was another volunteer that wanted to walk Jack and I told her that I wouldn't wrestle for him today...lol. He's still a cutie but we have two dogs and three cats and I'm afraid I will need a kennel license if I keep bringing animals home! He will find a home... he is as sweet as the day is long. His momma is there too and she is just as sweet. Take care of that toe... we'll have to come up with toe gaurds for you to wear! Eat a slice of that cake for me will ya?

I did do the E thang today and found out that she may close the beginning of October is she can't find a buyer. *sigh* There is no way I can go to Curves after being in her place and working with her weighted machines. Dang... I will have to hope somebody buys it!

Hope everyone is just having too much fun this weekend!

Hi!!

We are home with DD in tow, and the dirty laundry to prove it! She loved her new futon, but is a little skeptical about what all just MIGHT be missing out of there....I keep saying, oh yeah, you know, it's in that second drawer...LOL! Really, she had a great week, seems to have come home with all her own clothes, and looks really, really tired, but says she isn't, so I guess that means it was a fantastic camp!

We came home and made a couple of casseroles, one for us and one for the neighbors...she had a melanoma removed, so we're taking dinner over there for them.

And, my sister has our plans all booked for our big trip next summer! June 15 is the day, and we're off to Disneyworld for 5 nights, then a Disney cruise for 4 nights!!!!!! You know, I'm not "Mousecrazy" for nothin'! this trip, it's gonna be my sis, her son (graduating from OU this coming year), me and DD. We're celebrating nephew's graduation and my retirement. I'm so excited!

Ya'll are really inspiring in the "E" department...seriously. I am so proud of ya'll for going and working out, and doing all that good stuff that I want to do, but then just blow it off. I'm hoping to jump that hurdle. I am working up to it, and each little thing I do, I find I actually like it!

Darcy, don't worry about not sending cards...some people do and some people don't. You're still A-OK around here! We'll be keeping up with each other every day, as usual, anyway, and we've all got great Christmas wishes!

Eileen, you're killin' me! You absolutely do NOT look 42...if you looked any younger, people would wonder if you were old enough to be the mom of your DD!

Hugs, Cindy

Hey Cincy... soooo glad your DD is home safe and sound! Thanks for giving me a break on the card thang... not sure why it is a struggle for me? The exercise is really helping me feel firmer and more energetic... less depressed...etc. I still can't firgure out why I hate it....lol. If my exercise place closes I am going to be in a mell of a hess!

Hubby brought home a big ole fish from his day out on the lake... I guess I know what we'll be having for dinner tomorrow! I'm not a big fish fan... except when really fresh... looking forward to it!

TTFN

Darcy, that makes total sense, since I have always read that exercise releases endorphins that help with depression/blues...I guess we are just determined to fight it! LOL! We are soooo stubborn!

Eileen, I am still laughing (and I am not making this up!) about your comment on "nursing a cheese doodle".!!!!!!!! I feel like a new bandster again with the new fill...it's almost laughable. DH made his famous bachelor-recipe tater-tot casserole tonight. In the olden, pre-band days, I would eat a big ol'bowl of that stuff...I mean, 3 cups of it, minimum. Tonight, I tried about 1/2 cup, and had to stop with several bites left in the little bowl....it cracks me up! My FIL invited us to Master Grill, which is this place where they bring around big skewers of Brazilian roasted meat, all you can eat, for tomorrow night....they let me pay child's price, but dang, I'm wondering if I can even eat a lamb chop! I warned him....but he doesn't really get it, so I'll pick at stuff and move stuff around on my plate for a couple of hours....and do the best I can! Do ya'll think the is the elusive "sweet spot"? I guess that'll depend on whether or not I lose weight, huh?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend....it's nice to have the little munchkin back in the house!

Good Morning,

Darcy, if your exercise place goes byebye, we'll have to send you some work out video's for christmas :scared: so there !

Cindy sounds like good restriction to me, I hope it works... my problem is grazing all day b/c of a good fill... my brain just won't leave me alone but come tuesday *BAM* look out.... calorie counting here I come (egads how exciting is that *yawn* ) :)

Today I have to run to toys r us for a b/day present for a party we are going to at 2 pm.... thats my excitement for the day.

Does spinach dip count as a veggie ? even for Breakfast ? *evil grin* burp~

Eileen... you goof... of COURSE spinach dip is a veggie!!!! Just ask Popeye! Oh... and I have workout videos... and a treadmill... and a home gym... that is definitely not the issue...lol. I need a place that I am paying for so that I feel guilted into going...lol.

Cindy... I remember going to a neighborhood cookout shortly after that first whomping fill of 2cc's. Nobody in the neighborhood knew about my surgery so I just kept pushing my food around on my plate... EVERYONE noticed. I had to say I was feeling ill which led to everyone wanting to sit by me...lol. As far as a sweet spot... mine must be VERY elusive...lol.

CINDY... We are both 224!!!!! Freaky.

HAHAHAHA! Darcy, I noticed that last night!!!!!! Weird, in our parallel universe here! I'm hoping (cross fingers) to get to change my weight again next week....I'd better if I can only eat 5 bites at a time. I mean, that's got to be the trade-off, RIGHT?! It's really okay, it's just another adjustment in my "head" band.

Eileen, could you pass the spinach dip? Please?

It's a big laundry day here, whoop-ti-doo!!! I'm fighting off the blues for going back to work on Tuesday...so I just think, "Let's get it going, so I can start my count down to Christmas!"

Hey, all you guys we haven't seen in a while...I miss you!

Cindy

Ahhh Cindy... sorry it's back to work time! It will help take your mind off of only being able to eat 5 bites though! I have no doubt that I would be at goal if I had still been working when I was banded. Being at home allows me to graze... and when I was working I ran... non-stop.

Anyhoo...Parallel Universe Sister... hand over the spinach dip when you're done... :scared:

spinach dip...did someone say spinach dip? hee hee yet another thing that goes down smoothly UGH. Anyway...I'm back. I survived the weekend...no bad comments this time but, DH and I made a bet at how long it would take his mom to ask about the ring she needed repaired and my DH had it repaired for her. I said it would take her 1 hour to ask for it...he said 30 mins. Well it was amazing it only took 15 min before "So I hope you remembered my ring, where is it" to come out. We both burst out laughing and told the family why. I think it embarrassed her but, I also think something worked. She was actually more appreciative of the things my DH does for her when we get there. Now it's been 5 months since we saw her last and BINGO as soon as we stepped in her house...barely there 10 min she asked him to change the Water filters. UGH. He said Ya know mom you could let me relax a bit before you start with the list. He stuck up for himself wahooo. He told her he'd do it the next day. We went to a state park while we were there and it was beautiful. I guess it's known as the Grand Canyon of the East. I can't remember the actual name of it but, lots of waterfalls and valleys. Tooks us over 3 hours to get through it all with the riding and stopping to site see. Very nice and it would be nice to see again. My new nephew is ADORABLE! I loved holding him the little pint of peanuts lol. I had to tell him I loved him and kiss is cheeks before I left today. Brought tears to my eyes to not be able to see him more. My DH and his older Bro have really gotten close and they get teary eyed with every good bye. He and his wife and now their new son are very very sweet people and I miss them bunches. We wish they'd move down here where DBI could get a better job since the economy is better here and then I could hang with his wife and baby while the guys went fishing etc :scared: oh well

I am still rocking..seems worse now after that long drive. I'll still see the doc tomorrow and see what she has to say about it. The Pharmacist told me my doc will end up giving me the same stuff I've been taking. I'm sure that will end up being the case. I think this is something that just has to wear off. I should say I hope so considering we're going on another cruise next year lol.

Oh well...time to unpack and start laundry. Personals will have to wait. Oh I do like the Christmas Card idea if everyone is game. Darcy don't you worry about the card thing. I didn't send out cards the past few years either...just didn't get around to it. I have plenty of them lol. I think maybe having the list of folks here would get me in the mood :)

Hugs