Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction Flucuations--Some Days More, Some Days Less

Anyone else feel like there restrictions fluctuates?? Sometimes I feel like it coincides with BMs...kinda out one end, in the other... :biggrin:

but seriously...anyone else have times they feel more restriction than others?? I have tried to pin point it to certain foods like refried Beans (very hard for me) but I know there are just some times where just a few bites of something is enough and other times when I can be twice as much of the same food...

I feel the same way! It's really weird, some days I almost forget to eat & other days I feel like I'm starving...Some days I eat two bites and I'm super stuffed other days I can eat 6 to 8 bites...I don't know what's wrong either lol I'm 8 months out...

(null)

Yes I been wondering about this too. On Saturday, I ate at a Cajun restaurant and shared the seafood boil with my sister. I ate like 5 tiny crawfish tails, plus 3 jumbo shrimp, 2 crab legs and one half of the potato. I was surprised at how much I could eat on this day. Usually I can't even finish 1/3 of this.

Monday, I tried eating chicken and broccoli for lunch but it got stuck within the first few bites. I yakked for 2 hours in the work bathroom to get it all out, it was sooo painful and embarassing. I ended up not eating anything the rest of the day besides a Protein drink and Water.

Last night, I ate at Chilis and had the 6 oz steak on the 2 for $20 meal deal. I could only eat 1/4 of the steak, a spoonful of mashed potatoes and one broccoli spear. I have the rest of the meal for lunch today but I still might not finish it all.

So you think it has to do with bowel movements as to why we can eat so much one day and barely anything else the next? Maybe!

I have fluctuations, but I associate it with gas & acidity. I have noticed that if I don't wait the full 30 minutes before eating when I take my PPI first thing in the morning, my sleeve feels funny and therefore I eat less. Same with gas, so I take gas strips when I feel I can't eat enough to meet my goals. I stay pretty regular with Benefiber, so maybe that is why I haven't noticed a correlation with BM.

I am guessing, of course, but seems to solve the "problem" for me.

I was just thinking about this! How for example on Saturday I could barely get in a half a 6 inch turkey sub from subway (with the top half of the bread removed) But last night for Valentines I was able to eat 4 crab legs and a half a 5oz steak and a few bites of potatoe..... I don't get it!!

I am more than a year out and it happens to me quite frequently. I have not noticed any correlation with bowel movements or acid. Some days I can eat lots, other days, not so much. I just make sure to get in my Vitamins, Water, and supplements and I figure the nutrition evens out over the "big amount" days and the "little amount" days.

Well glad to here I am not the only one wondering...granted on the days that I can eat "a lot" doesn't hold a candle to the damage I could do pre-sleeved!!

surgery date oct 12, 2011

weight.png

yeap I still have problems with chicken :( if is too hard I can't eat it it sucks

I've noticed that some days I can eat more than other days. Yesterday, I ate quite a bit of food. Other days, I don't eat that much. I haven't noticed a correlation with BM's though. ;)

I was noticing this too....and specifically when I was put in a stressful situation. I normal can eat 3-4 big shrimp, but I was around some family that yell all the time and being put in the situation made me uncomfortable and stressed. WHen they made me 4 shrimp I could barely get a couple bites down (I cut each shrimp into about 4 bites.) I haven't really paid attention about the relationship with BM's but I have to say that I am really constipated, but hungry (or what I think is hunger). And now I'm trying to get yogurt down and its just grossing me out. Go figure.

I was noticing this too....and specifically when I was put in a stressful situation.

This was mentioned in my pre-op class. We were adviced to eat in a relaxing environment.

I was thinking of this very thing at lunch. Yesterday I threw up all my meals today everything is normal.

This thread is great to read. Related to my concerns about what I was able to eat at lunch yesterday. Its good to know that this isnt uncommon.