Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are All The Guys At?!?!?!?!?

oh my... lol well then i guess you are used to an abundance of estrogen..lol

Present.

Not officially sleeved yet, and I dont even have a date - just a bunch of insurance stuff with Kaiser right now. But it looks promising.

HERE.... Not sleeved yet... only one more hurdle to jump for insurance (Psych Eval) then im good to go as far as insurance is go's. I'm about 2-3 months out my doc says. Until then i just read alot of post here for more info.

HERE.... Not sleeved yet... only one more hurdle to jump for insurance (Psych Eval) then im good to go as far as insurance is go's. I'm about 2-3 months out my doc says. Until then i just read alot of post here for more info.

Hi DcMak72,

My psych eval was a problem. It turned out it wasn't to help me in my weight loss but a pure screening process in behalf of the insurance company. I made the mistake of telling the psych that used to be a hippie and I did drugs for about 11/2 years IN THE 60's! Clean ever since. It was enough for the insurance company to reject me. They later accepted me after the bariatric doc appealed.

I advise you to be careful what you say.

Here! What can I help you with? :seeya:

yay!!!! finally a few more men!!!!! for those of you that havent been sleeved yet, good luck on your journey.. you are gonna be really happy with your decision to get the VSG. I can't wait to start seein your progress!

and listen to GMAN, its very important that you tell the psych person what they wanna hear, i know it sounds fake, but seriously that is the one place where it can hurt your chances at getting the surgery... sucks i know!

Don't mean to be a nay-sayer ... but I have read sooo many posts from folks here who, IMO, weren't ready to be sleeved. I'm sure they told the Drs what they wanted to hear, too, and passed the exam. But they weren't ready mentally for the journey they were embarking on. It is a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Your relationship with food is going to change. If you are not ready for that, then you SHOULD wait until you are.

I'll never forget the post a couple weeks ago from the lady, sleeved 3 weeks earlier is complaining about pizza hurting her tummy. IMO, somebody eating pizza 3 weeks post-op needs to take a serious look at their eating habits. I recall another complaining about not losing weight 3 months post op. They are drinking with their meals and eating portions comparable to pre-surgery. Admitting to eating candy and fried foods. IMO, not ready for the surgery.

I think you need to be honest ... to a point. Admitting doing drugs 40 years ago ... no ... I think you can leave that out. But if you are currently dealing with any demons, you need to be forthright about it. The sleeve is not a magic bullet and deceiving your Dr could be a symptom of other issues ...

Am I perfect, God no. I have had my struggles with alchohol, smoking, drugs, food ... The only addictions I haven't had yet are gambling and sex. (I'm working on getting the latter ;)) I have worked on each of these over the years by addressing them head on when I was ready. Key point there ... when I was ready.

For me, the sleeve was a Godsend. It was just what I needed. But I feel that I was ready for it and the commitments to the lifestyle that it requires. I just don't want anyone to not be ready for this, get sleeved and make that discovery. I know after failing dozens of diet attempts, I was at my wits end. I don't want fail here and don't want anybody else to, either.

Hi, there. Hey, I live in a household with my wife, daughter, and two granddaughters. The only males here are three of our four cats: Coco Puff, Tigger, and Spoticus. Cleocatra rounds out the females.

I love the kitty names, so cute!!! Spoticus and Cleocatra made me giggle lol.

Don't mean to be a nay-sayer ... but I have read sooo many posts from folks here who, IMO, weren't ready to be sleeved. I'm sure they told the Drs what they wanted to hear, too, and passed the exam. But they weren't ready mentally for the journey they were embarking on. It is a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Your relationship with food is going to change. If you are not ready for that, then you SHOULD wait until you are.

I'll never forget the post a couple weeks ago from the lady, sleeved 3 weeks earlier is complaining about pizza hurting her tummy. IMO, somebody eating pizza 3 weeks post-op needs to take a serious look at their eating habits. I recall another complaining about not losing weight 3 months post op. They are drinking with their meals and eating portions comparable to pre-surgery. Admitting to eating candy and fried foods. IMO, not ready for the surgery.

I think you need to be honest ... to a point. Admitting doing drugs 40 years ago ... no ... I think you can leave that out. But if you are currently dealing with any demons, you need to be forthright about it. The sleeve is not a magic bullet and deceiving your Dr could be a symptom of other issues ...

Am I perfect, God no. I have had my struggles with alchohol, smoking, drugs, food ... The only addictions I haven't had yet are gambling and sex. (I'm working on getting the latter) I have worked on each of these over the years by addressing them head on when I was ready. Key point there ... when I was ready.

For me, the sleeve was a Godsend. It was just what I needed. But I feel that I was ready for it and the commitments to the lifestyle that it requires. I just don't want anyone to not be ready for this, get sleeved and make that discovery. I know after failing dozens of diet attempts, I was at my wits end. I don't want fail here and don't want anybody else to, either.

ok i guess i needed to be a little more specific on that one.. PDX is correct.. i wasn't condoning just flat out lying if you weren't really mentally ready for the surgery i was just saying that there are certain things that will get you denied on point if your not careful and something that happened 11 years ago probably doesnt need to be mentioned...

but i agree completely that there are some people that really aren't ready to have a surgery of any magnitude until they get there mental state in check about food first!

It would seem that the one visit psychiatric session is designed to dig out your potentials for failure rather than help you work out your mental state for the struggle to come. In the psychiatrist I had, he, it seemed, had more issues than most of the people he talked to as testified to by many people in the support group meetings.

I don't say be untruthful but if you expect the psychiatrist to help you work out your problems know that his prime directive is to weed you out. The bariatric surgeon and his/her staff should have long known if you have unrealistic expectations through their preliminary assessments.

I love the kitty names, so cute!!! Spoticus and Cleocatra made me giggle lol.

There are more homes in the US with dogs but more cats in the country. Why? Most homes with cats have more than one. Why?

CATS ACCUMULATE!!

They have some kind of telepathic power that calls cats in and puts suggestions in your subconscious to get more.

We started with CoCo Puff. We "decided" to get him a companion so we got Tigger from a farm. Then Spoticus wandered in from a field and attached himself to the horde. We then "had the bright idea to go to a cat show", telling ourselves that 3 cats was quite enough and resolved to go no further. But then the humane society had ribbons all over Clepatra's cage,(we later renamed her Cleocatra). Amazing that a one-eyed black cat could earn such awards but we bit on it after some displays of affection and no doubt some telepathy from the feline in question.

We are determined that 4 is all. But who knows what the combined mental pressure of the 4 will do to our weakened will.

YO!

:P

come hang out in the recipe trades area...

mmmmm... sounds delicious i may have to check that out!