Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Roll Call!

I'm getting sleeved this Thursday, March 29

I'm getting sleeved this Thursday, March 29

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Doing good today. How's it going with you? Has anyone heard from kbs1010?

I am sorry you guys, I have been trying to adjust to everything! Things are going great so far....I am anxious to hear how you all are. I go back to work this Wednesday, but I am pretty much back to all my normal activities but lifting. I am on the clear diet, but bought some sugar free Jello pudding at the grocery store today and it went down really well...and tasted like heaven, I have been missing chocolate so much!

I am down ten pounds, I am so happy! This is just such a motivating thing, I can't even tell you.

Hope everyone else is doing well, I love reading your posts, and sorry I am not here to post more.

It's so motivating hearing from all you sleevers! My surgery is finally tomorrow morning...I'm a little nervous but more excited.

Good luck, we will be thinking about you! You are going to do great!

Hi all! My first time on this... I'm 8 days post op. Kaiser, Richmond, CA. I'm doing really well. Went for a long walk with the baby yesterday and even a family bike ride in the afternoon. And I saw a post in another forum about someone being able to eat eggs 7 or 8 days post op... I'm sooooo jealous.

Isn't that funny? I get jealous too when I read those posts...I am never going to want to eat chicken broth again when this is over!

Thanks for the update kb1010, hope everything continues going well.

Hello everyone,

Just checking in for an update. I was sleeved by Murayama in Philly on March 1. I have been doing well with one minor complication of a hematoma under my largest incision that caused a scare 10 days after the surgery. All is well now. Now that three weeks have past, I have lost 13 pounds, which could be discouraging if I look at everyone else's numbers. I have always been a very slow loser and the reason I had surgery in the first place was because I hit a plateau after losing 50 pounds (it took me 18 months to lose it from 282). I then gained 20 pounds back over the next year and was so desparate and stressed over it. So, I am thrilled to be down even 13 and while I am impatient, I am trying to look at the big picture and follow the plan.

I am on puree and will advance to soft on Sunday. Yesterday I had my first vomiting after drinking a Protein Shake (go figure). I am not a fan of the shakes, but still include them so I can get in my Protein. I have a hard time getting in over 700 calories in a day--are there any others with this same experience. I only recently started calculating calories on the program I use to enter my food intake. I honestly don't know how I can get in more food in a day between drinking Water, taking Vitamins, getting protein and waiting the 30 minutes between drinking and eating! So excited though!!! I wish you all the best and am so thankful to have you all here. I was afraid that after having surgery, I would be useless in helping others on their journey since I "cheated" and had surgery, but I am finding this the opposite. My honesty in telling others that I had surgery, helps me and is having a positive impact on others who are suffering with obesity. So far 2 of my friends are heading towards surgery because of my story. I am glad I decided to tell people and not be afraid of the naysayers (all except my inlaws!--LOL)

I try not to think about calories b/c I don't think I am getting more than about 800 in a day myself. I figure when we advance to the next stage, soft foods, it will go up some. I don't seem to have a lot of problems keeping stuff down but I have no desire to eat more than I am doing right now, if that makes sense.

I don't like the Protein Shakes either. I am thinking I will be doing a lot of that unflavored protein in stuff. (like oatmeal).

I am sorry your in-laws were naysayers. I didn't have too many of those, fortunately, and you know what .... I am SO GLAD I did this, it's not even something that would bother me anymore. I would pretty much laugh.

Sleeved! Hey y'all! While in the hospital reading your post made feel good. I was sleeved 3/21 and I am ok! I did so much pro op research that I didnt put enough time into my post op. so I'm on day 4 and full liquids. Not sure what full is? Haven't had a lot at anything including Protein and Water. Trying real hard. I had a friend who had RNY 5 years ago and she came like Sargent slaughter and put everything in check. Love love love her. But need more ideas on full liquid. My husband cooked chicken tonight and I was sooooo jealous.

I am sooo glad that everyone is doing ok. I got sleeved 3/12 and i am feeling well. I tried an egg and mashed potatoes today and was happy that i got semi solid food :).

Hello PixieJoy7979,

Glad to hear you are feeling well. And others in this group too! I was just going to mention that I turned a lot of food into full liquid, like stews. I put a little in a blender and then added Water and Protein Powder. I made cauliflower and potato Soup and pureed it and I did the same with Indian lentils (add water and protein). Initially I added beneprotein or other Protein supplements to everything, including water! Now I am enjoying soft food and felt physically "hungry" today which was a good feeling.

Have a great week!

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!

It's so motivating hearing from all you sleevers! My surgery is finally tomorrow morning...I'm a little nervous but more excited.

Good luck, you will do great !!! pm if you have any concerns :lol:

Thank you, Momstertimes3!

Thanks everyone! Only 6.5 hours until I gotta be at the hospital...I'm the first one of the day!!!

Hey Marchers! How's everyone doing today? Today I move forward to full liquids (protein shakes, SF Jello, NF Yogurt, really thin oatmeal, thin cream of wheat, etc.). I think I will focus on my shake and take "baby sips" all day. If I can get down just 1 shake, then that's 42g of Protein. Also taking tiny sips of Water pretty much all day. I haven't tried to reach that "full" stage yet, still a little scared to try and push it yet. I have a follow up Wednesday with Surgeon and he will remove my drain. I'll ask him more then. Feeling much more normal now . . . . if only I could get back my good posture (LOL). Everytime I get up to walk somewhere I find myself walking like my grandmother (haha).

Chachaburch...what do you mean, "remove my drain?"