Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pant Size Going Down, Energy Going Up!

I had my surgery 2 weeks and 2 days from today. I went from an original weight of 330 down to 302 at time of surgery and now I am at 283. My pants went from 50 to 42. I have a great deal more energy, I even ran at the gym the other day with weights in my hands! I couldn't believe the energy. I kept waiting to hit the wall but it never came. I stopped for the sake of not overdoing it and paying later.

My goal is 220 and after that I will see if any more is needed. This is like going back in time, what fun!

Oh, yeah, no more diabetes, the disease that killed my father at age 46.

Dear Gmanbat,

Hey! Congratulations!!!! Your weight loss is inspiring and tremendous! And especially congratulations on the loss of the diabetes! I wish I could convince my husband that this this is the way to go! I have lost 100 pounds (as of today!) and my health is SO improved. He also needs to loose about 100 pounds. He also is diabetic, has had two heart attacks, a stroke, and other co-morbidities. But he absolutely exploded when I suggested he persue bariatric surgery.

But back to my original point..... CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! You are doing just great! Keep it up. Rock your sleeve!

Kathy D (alias Helen the Cat)

Us men can be stubborn knot heads sometimes. Especailly if it is not OUR idea. I raised the dickens with my wife for wanting a Roux N Y. I had many arguments and they all sounded logical to me. Then I went to a couple support meetings and somehow I melted down. My wife was shocked when I said I was interested for myself!

Wife is beaming from buying new clothes and her new energy. We are finding out we weren't that old after all! :)

Gman, First I have to say Congrats on your weight loss. It's amazing and that energy boost is AMAZING!!! I am doing a happy dance today over mine! LOL

Second, I'm so freaking jealous of how fast your weight is coming off!! Mine's coming off well, but it took me 4 months to get to 283! :( I think this is the first time in my life I've ever wanted to be a guy, because you all lose so much quicker than we ladies lose!

Enjoy your newfound energy...and save some to keep up with your wife!! :)

How wonderful!

and congrats on hitting the 100 mark! I can't wait to post big numbers too!

Just hit the 50 pounds loss mark! I am pulling out shirts that my wife wouldn't let me wear before because my big belly pulled the shirt up and the bottom of my belly was exposed. Now it tucks in nicely in my new size 42 pants, down from size 50.

Now I can tie my shoes without my eyes bulging out like a frightened frog.

I can't wait to go back to Universal Studios and get right on the rides without worrying if I would be turned away because they couldn't get the bar down.

This is hard at times but the benefits outweigh the liabilities by a huge margin.

60 more pounds to my goal of 220 pounds of ripped-ness!

Good for you! Congrats.

gman- love your comment about tying your shoes and your eyes not bulging like a bullfrog! lol! Congrats on the wt loss so far! Good job!

Congratulations on your loss! Sounds like everything's going well for you!

Congrats to you! You sound happy and full of energy! What a blessing it is to get our energy back! Good luck to you as you continue to rock on! You'll be at 220 before you know it!

Thanks, sleevers!

I did an intense workout last night at the Rec Center. Walked briskly 25 minutes with 5 pounders in hands, even did some running. After that, a full body workout with machines and free weights. Only problem was I was so revved up it was difficult to sleep. I must endeavor to workout earlier in the day to allow myself time to ramp down.

I am amazed that so little food could produce so much energy. I discover that I have completely misunderstood the nature of food and energy all of my high-volume-intake life.