Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to come to the hospital due to nausea and dehydration. This is not what I was looking forward to. I know it will be worth it in the end. However, when it takes four attempts to place an IV, it makes you a little nervous. The news is that they are finding out that depression medication has an effect on our new sleeve. However, it is hard to say what the answer is when you need the medicine. I also am having difficult moving liquids through from the starting point to the ending point. They are needing to give me some medicine to restart my system. When I get the technical terms I will post them for better explanation. It will all work out. I may new to take another week off from work and spend a few days in here. When I get home the plan is start from the beginning, fluids AGAIN. Has anyone notice how hard it is to watch TV and see a hundred food advertisements. Just a random thought.

Sorry you going through all of this. Praying for you.

So sorry all this is going on! hang in there. The food commercials were really, really vivid when I was first sleeved--that will fade, I promise. Now I don't think about them--I barely notice them. Hope you're feeling better fast!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm very :( to hear your back in the hospital. Sending positive healing energy your way for a speedy recovery..... food commercials really bothered me when I first got home from the surgery, but I quickly learned to ignor those pesty commercials. ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I'll pray that things go better for you!

I had the same problem. 5 days after surgery I was back in the hospital for 3 days. I couldn't swallow and when I sipped it sat in the bottom of my esophagus making squeeking noises like it was trying to go through a pin hole. Swallowing was very difficult, I was very swollen.

When you're dehydrated it's hard to get a vein for the IV. I also got stuck several times looking for a good vein and then the vein blew the next day. The IV fluids are going fast in the beginning because they are trying to hydrate you fast so they need a big vein.

Stil at almost 8 weeks out my esophagus and sleeve still make lots of noise girglng and squeeking. Still feels like things have to go through a small opening to get into my sleeve. I have to eat slow stop and wait between bites and only moist foods. I can't drink fast but I'm drinking a lot better and can actually take swallows not just sips but not back to back. Have to wait between swallows until it filters nto m sleeve Make sure you stay on Nexium of some kind of PPI.. I think some of my problem was my acid reflux because I couldn't swallow my meds for it. They will give it to you in your IV in hospital. I also was using my C-Pap which I also think the forced air in my esophagus added to the swellng problem.

I can only say how miserable I would be to land back in and start fluids again at this point, so I'm so very sorry for you. I keep telling myself that this is just the process. Hang in there. And yes, the food commercials are killing me.

Pcargo

What did they say about the anti depresants? I'm on an maoi and having crazy side effects dizzy, low blood pressure, I've fainted 4 times already and this is week 3 of being sleeved.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having issues and back in the hospital. The IV's, once they get them in place, will help you so much on the hydration!! I am curious to hear more of the meds for depression when you find out more. I've seen a lot of people discuss depression and the sleeve but not necesssarily the meds.

Hang in there sweetie!!! Sending you healing vibes!!

Precious; I will keep you in prayers and thoughts, so sorry you are having to go through all this. Here is my smile :) if you need it sweetie.

I really hated the cooking shows and food commercials when I first got out of hospital, but now they just don't hold interest for me.

I would like more info on the antidepressants as well I was told today to start them (in liquid form) again. Not sure I want to.

So sorry to hear this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems and back in the hospital.....but that is the best place for you at this time even though none of us want to go back there. Sorry they had such a rough time getting the IV but that was due to the fact that you were so dehydrated. As you become dehydrated that means less Fluid in your blood system and thus a harder time to get an IV in a vein. That is why it is so important for all of us to get our daily fluids especially immediately after surgery. I hope that they can figur womething out for your medication issue. Maybe there is a different med they can try or maybe split your dosage in half and take part in the morning and then again in the evening. I take all my meds with applesauce as I think it helps it progress through the sleeve and helps to expand the sleeve a little as the pills go in. Knock on wood I have not had any trouble with my meds and I am taking less with each pound that I lose.

Thought and prayers are with you and hope that you are home soon and feeling much better.

Thank you for all your supportive words and great encouraging words. This to will pass and is just an obstacle to overcome.

Get well soon! The food commercials used to be agonizing, but I barely notice them after 3 weeks. :)

Get well soon PreciousCargo! I'm glad to hear you went to your Drs office when you realized you weren't healing well enough. xoxo!!!