Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Post-Op Period Gone Crazy!

Hello, I was sleeved 13 days ago, I'm down 20 lbs -- but I have now had my period for 11 days?!?! For the past 3 or 4 days I have been freezing cold constantly (it's been beautiful 70 degrees here in New Orleans ) I have also been so weak and tired.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this post op??

Ps. I've been doing fairly well with my nutrition so I think it's more period related.

Mine went crazy too. I had a period before surgery, than one right after surgery than another one a week later, then went a month without one. I asked because even though my husband had a V, I am terrified of getting pregnant again but everyone said its normal. Some might have heavier ones, some might have lighter ones. I am 2 months out and its still out of whack. So its normal and the cold too. The B12 helped me with the tiredness, but cold, I am cold all the time.

I have been on mine since the day after the surgery, and it keeps flowing and flowing...... They say it is from the blood thinners we received. Anytime now it can stop. We are going through enough adjusting to our sleeve and now this also. Sheesh

OMG! I thought I was the only one!! This is ridiculous!! I had my period for like a week and half prior...then it just kept on coming!! And it's still here. I'm so over it!! It's made me a little tired and cold....and just a little crampy. I hope it ends soon! I'm sure that I'm going to get anemic for a while!!!

Nope i had the same craziness last week, thought i was dying. My doctor told me its kinda like starting your period over again for the first time. Mine lasted a week and then it was over. Atleast next month i will know what to expect.

Hey Shelly! (waving from Covington) Nice to "meet" another N.O. sleever. YEAH, cold like you wouldn't believe. I've been cold since I woke up from the surgery; don't know why. :-) I don't mind it most of the time--wait until you go through this summer--you won't believe how much more comfortable you're going to be in all our heat and humidity!

The other "issue" will resolve with time. Mine actually came BACK after being gone for almost a year (oh joy), the day after surgery!!! If you continue to have problems, definitely check in with your gyn.

I'm pretty much cold all the time too. Only one short visit from Aunt Flo post surgery.

Someone else posted a similar question earlier this week. I was sleeved on Jan. 10. I had my normal period on Jan. 4. I had an ovarian cyst rupture 4 days after surgery, then another period started 4 days after that! I was just like, "really"?! It lasted for 10 days, just ending 2 days ago. I already had terrible menstrual cycles but this thing was the worst I'd EVER been through. I was relieved to find out I wasn't the only one going through this but wished I would have known it was a possibility before surgery. I would have at least been on the look out for it.

I believe the other post was "It's My Period Dummy". Search for it and you'll find other experiences.

OMG! I'm so happy this is normal. Lol I've been so scared thinking I'm gonna die!! I felt great last week but I'm guessing it's the anemia that has me so down. I have a client who is a gyn I think I'm gonna ask her for advice, and possibly a B12 shot!! Thank you all so much for sharing! You are all a blessing!!!

Lookin forward to a less sticky New Orleans!!!!!

Hey Shelly! (waving from Covington) Nice to "meet" another N.O. sleever. YEAH, cold like you wouldn't believe. I've been cold since I woke up from the surgery; don't know why. :-) I don't mind it most of the time--wait until you go through this summer--you won't believe how much more comfortable you're going to be in all our heat and humidity!

The other "issue" will resolve with time. Mine actually came BACK after being gone for almost a year (oh joy), the day after surgery!!! If you continue to have problems, definitely check in with your gyn.

I had my sleeve done on Friday, 2/24/12. I ran out of here in a panic thinking I was complications!! It was just my cycle....

I have been questioning every ache and pain, but I have yet to even throw up.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

I love this site, you can find anything.

I woke up this morning in horrible pain thinking what the heck happened. I went to bathroom and discovered Aunt Flo had moved in. I have always had heavy and painful menstruals. I have no idea how this one is going to be but from what I can tell so far it's gonna be bad.

What I'm wondering is what have you taken for the cramps? I have been told I can't take ibuprofen or aleve for 2 months post op.

Mine went bonkers for like 3 months. My first one was a 13 day period that was heavier then I have ever had for like 8 of the days. Then for the next 2 months it was 11 days long.

Also at 5 months out (this month) my period decided not to come this month at all. Weight loss makes the body do weird things.

I have an IUD & hadn't had my period in 3 years but as soon as I had surgery I was bleeding to the point of scary. They told me it was the blood thinners, but I'm a month out & still spotting. Hoping it completely stops soon. I loved not having it ever!!

Ok so first of all hey Shelly. i am from New Orleans, work in Metairie, and live in Laplace. Howdy. Secondly I was sleeved on 01/30/12 and haven't had a period since 2010...until two days ago. Cramps, bleeding, doubled over in pain. I was told that the amount of estrogen we have is based on our body fat. i've lost 38 pounds so far so that made the estrogen go out of whack and thus that period from hell begins. I even made an appointment with my GYN for tomorrow. I was scared too. Now that I have a reasonable explaination, I'm ok. I want to go back to no periods so maybe when my weight loss slows down I can not have a period any more.