Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey Phyllser you look great this if the first time I have seen your new photo its hard to believe its you (love your hat) keep up the good work.

Carol

congrats on gettting the date! Now comes the hard part....waiting for the date to arrive. It felt like forever for mine to arrive. Just start dieting and loosing weight now to shrink the liver..more you loose before the better is what i say.

I had just come back from california in march and gotten a cold so was to sick to come. I am hoping to make it to next months meeting. I cant wait to have more banded folks at the meetings. Most of the time it is just carol and I .

I know, I've been getting so antsy and looking at the calendar every day, as if that'll help :-) I just scheduled my first phone appt. with an Accomplish health educator, so I'm hoping she will keep me motivated. I've already lost 10lbs on my own just by eating right and drinking tons of Water. I'm sad I didn't get to make it to the May meeting. My son had a ton of homework he needed help with, so by the time I was done, I was exhausted! I hope to make it to the June meeting.

So my main concern these days is how do I prepare for post op life? I went to the orientation last week and got information overloaded on all things lap band, so I think it's easier to ask this forum instead! What kind of foods should I buy for the 1st week liquid diet and 2nd week pureed diet? What kinds of food are people taking for lunch to work? Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well!

hello. i didnt make it to the meeting either, couldnt wake up early enough.

for the first week of liquid i lived on :

champion Protein Powder (disolves the best) drive down to vita lady here in puyallup and they will make samples up of stuff u wanna try to make sure u like it before u buy it.

Cream Soups, strain out the mushrooms . i liked the chicken and herbs combos or mushroom and garlic.

sugar free popsicles are a must, they will help sooth your throute

you can also do the yogurt.

you really will not be hungry or able to take much, due to the swelling from surgery, and the fact that you will me tired. just really make sure u get up and walk around.

mushies: man was i glad for mushies. i lived on those cottage cheese doubles, refried Beans with cheese on them and oatmeal. You can blend up stuff to the right texture. i tried doing wendy's chilli but didnt taste right or good to me.

I stayed home for 4 weeks. i would recommend staying home at least 2-3. i didnt feel alert and have engery until middle of week 3.

the orientation is long and to much info, but it is helpful. make sure u have all your Vitamins and such ready. have everything u need for afterwards at home. i didnt feel like doing anything but sleeping for a week. i didnt have much energy until i got back onto real food at week 3. basically slept.

hello. i didnt make it to the meeting either, couldnt wake up early enough.

for the first week of liquid i lived on :

champion Protein powder (disolves the best) drive down to vita lady here in puyallup and they will make samples up of stuff u wanna try to make sure u like it before u buy it.

Cream Soups, strain out the mushrooms . i liked the chicken and herbs combos or mushroom and garlic.

sugar free popsicles are a must, they will help sooth your throute

you can also do the yogurt.

you really will not be hungry or able to take much, due to the swelling from surgery, and the fact that you will me tired. just really make sure u get up and walk around.

mushies: man was i glad for mushies. i lived on those cottage cheese doubles, refried Beans with cheese on them and oatmeal. You can blend up stuff to the right texture. i tried doing wendy's chilli but didnt taste right or good to me.

I stayed home for 4 weeks. i would recommend staying home at least 2-3. i didnt feel alert and have engery until middle of week 3.

the orientation is long and to much info, but it is helpful. make sure u have all your Vitamins and such ready. have everything u need for afterwards at home. i didnt feel like doing anything but sleeping for a week. i didnt have much energy until i got back onto real food at week 3. basically slept.

was it hard for you to not drink Water before,during and immediately after eating?

no i dont have any prob with that. you can drink Water up until u start eating but not while or after for an hour. i started doing it before surgery so it was already a habit for me. i just drink a lot of water in the 30 mins to an hour before i am to eat so i am not thirsty.

no i dont have any prob with that. you can drink Water up until u start eating but not while or after for an hour. i started doing it before surgery so it was already a habit for me. i just drink a lot of water in the 30 mins to an hour before i am to eat so i am not thirsty.

Good to know. That's a great idea. Did you have anyone taking care of you for the days following surg?

i came home the same day as my surgery. so my best friend stayed the night with me and left for work around noon the next day. my neighbors came over and visited and checked on me. I just planned ahead and had the house clean and laundry/dishes all done, so i didnt have to do anything for at least the first week but sleep and walk some. i slept in my chair and half w/ottoman in living room. if you have a recliner i'd suggest using that. otherwise you will prob need someone to help u get up and out of bed. i slept in the chair for the first 3 or 4 days i think.

Hi,

No posts here in a while. How is everyone doing?

i'm doing good. finally for sure under 200 pounds, first time in at least 15 years. i thought i would have more energy that i do with the weight loss. I still seem to be tired a bit.

i'm doing good. finally for sure under 200 pounds, first time in at least 15 years. i thought i would have more energy that i do with the weight loss. I still seem to be tired a bit.

That's my next goal... to get under 200 lb. I was hoping to do it by my 2 yr "Bandiversary", but that's coming up in a little over a month and I have about 15 lb to go, so I won't make it.

i've got about a month and a half until my year. i am hoping to loose another 10 pounds. I was aiming to loose a 100 pounds in a year, but think i will only get in 80-90 pounds. i am hoping to have this last 50 pounds off by febuary, it would be 2 years total for me of loosing weight to loose it all then.

how is everyone doing? seems like all the nw folks have disapeared some. im doing great...did my first 5k in june . i walked it, hope to jog it next year. i also hiked my first trail. 1 1/2 miles uphill..and then back down we went...man i couldnt walk right for a week afterwards, but it sure felt great to accomplish it.

how is everyone doing? seems like all the nw folks have disapeared some. im doing great...did my first 5k in june . i walked it, hope to jog it next year. i also hiked my first trail. 1 1/2 miles uphill..and then back down we went...man i couldnt walk right for a week afterwards, but it sure felt great to accomplish it.

Hi,

Yeah, no activity here in quite a while except for you and me!

Congrats on the 5K and the hiking! That's great!

I'm in need of double knee replacement, so I won't be doing anything like that for a while! I'm getting the worse one done the end of Aug. The other, maybe next summer. In the meantime, exercise is a challenge. I do some stuff on my Wii/Wii Fit. I can walk in place for about 6 minutes, but that's my limit. In the winter, when we go south, I do Water aerobics.

Good to hear from you!

I am new to the NW/Seattle Lap Band group. I was banded in May at NWWLS, I have lost 20lbs and, and have had 3 fills so far. I feel great and am so happy I did it. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I am new to the NW/Seattle Lap Band group. I was banded in May at NWWLS, I have lost 20lbs and, and have had 3 fills so far. I feel great and am so happy I did it. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome, Princess!

Glad to have you here.

Sounds like you are off to a GREAT start!