Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

oh and my weight loss doesnt show up every week, ill weight the same for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden drop a few pounds. also for eating out...sushi is great just get is sashmi style.

I normally lose my weight in the latter half of the week. Weird.

But otherwise lately it's been a few pounds, then wait a week or two, then another few pounds. William Young (at GHC) says not to worry until it turns into a month.

Hi. I also had my band done by dr bock. Your only the 2nd other one i have come across on lapband.talk.

I like getting pork teryaki minus the rice and add extra veggies, or will go to a thai place and get the chicken curry and have them add tofu and extra veggies so kinda like a stew. I dont do to well with beef all the time. I have also found it very hard to eat out cause its so hard to find something i am sure i can eat without any probs.

how long have you been at a standstill with weight loss? I havent run across that yet. I loose slow and pretty steady, not loosing as much a month as i did in past but tend to loose something each month.

See above.. my plateaus have been lasting about 2 weeks then I drop. I had been dropping steadily, daily. So far about 50 pounds since surgery, and 40 since my pre-op started in April. Got another 30-70 to go, depending on where I decide I want my % body fat to be.

Eating out: Outback Restaurant is my friend, but I'm pretty good with beef. They have a filet mignon dinner, which I can get with double broc, and maybe a salad. That'll last me 2-3 lunches.

im iffy on veggies. alot of them i cant eat. especially if i have really good restriction. Since my unfills this week, i have been able to eat some cook mushrooms. i always loved the prime rib at outback, wonder how that would go down now. I might have to go have dinner there one night to try. there is one just down the road from my house.

I am hoping to loose my last 25 pounds by febuary my 2 year mark of my weight loss journey.

have you had any comments from your friends or family saying they are worried that you are loosing weight to fast? I have been getting that past couple months. I dont feel like i am loosing to fast, i adverage about 4-8 pounds a month.

im iffy on veggies. alot of them i cant eat. especially if i have really good restriction. Since my unfills this week, i have been able to eat some cook mushrooms. i always loved the prime rib at outback, wonder how that would go down now. I might have to go have dinner there one night to try. there is one just down the road from my house.

Have you tried their broccolli? They tend to cook it nice, soft, tender, and do so without overcooking it. Wonderful flavor, no bitter, lightly salted. Best I've had, and they serve enough to last a couple meals.

I take salads carefully, just because I don't trust myself to chew down the leaves well enough. Queensland salad has done me well, as has the wedge salad with chicken at Fatburger. Coleslaw works well for me, too, and the fine chopping I think helps make up for my potential failure to fletcherize.

Can't do raw mushrooms, myself.

I am hoping to loose my last 25 pounds by febuary my 2 year mark of my weight loss journey.

Coolness. I'm expecting another 4-6 months before I get where I should be, as well.

have you had any comments from your friends or family saying they are worried that you are loosing weight to fast? I have been getting that past couple months. I dont feel like i am loosing to fast, i adverage about 4-8 pounds a month.

No worries expressed. They're quite happy for me all-around. I loaned my stuff from GHC to an aunt who's been thinking of it, though her son could certainly use it.

Actually, a second cousin of mine, who was a nurse, was amazed at how well I looked -- no signs of malnutrition or anything. I suspect she's used to seeing bypass patients, and I suspect she's used to seeing the ones that are having problems.

You should explain to them the fact that your loss is in fact medically supervised by folks with a lot more experience in massive weight loss than they do? :thumbup:

I havent tried their brocolli, im not the biiggest fan of cook brocolli, i do like their grilled veggies and green Beans. cabbage works good for me i dont have to have it finely chopped, cooked carrots also.

i have tried telling them that i am monitored by doc's and all that. some of it i think cause they have never seen me this small in my life. i have always been obese since i was a child. I think the last time i weighed what i do now i was probably in 5th grade and back then still considered obese.

are you going to be partcpating in the walk coming up on last sunday of the month?

I havent tried their brocolli, im not the biiggest fan of cook brocolli, i do like their grilled veggies and green Beans. cabbage works good for me i dont have to have it finely chopped, cooked carrots also.

I was the same about brocolli until I started eating a lot of chinese food. Even then, there are a lot of places that overcook it -- Outback doesn't. :thumbup:

i have tried telling them that i am monitored by doc's and all that. some of it i think cause they have never seen me this small in my life. i have always been obese since i was a child. I think the last time i weighed what i do now i was probably in 5th grade and back then still considered obese.

They're also in the US, which has skewed ideas of what's "healthy" compared to, simply, "normal". Well-meaning if inaccurate concern for your well-being.

are you going to be partcpating in the walk coming up on last sunday of the month?

Actually, I'm going camping. :smile2:

oh and my weight loss doesnt show up every week, ill weight the same for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden drop a few pounds. also for eating out...sushi is great just get is sashmi style.

OMG I didn't even recognize you! You look amazing! Congrats! How've you been? It's been so long since I've checked in. Are you attending any of the support group meetings in Federal Way? Keep up the good work :-)

How are you doing today? I was just accepted by my insurance to start the process for banding. I think I want Dr. Neal to do my surgery when I complete all the steps required. Can you tell me anything about your journey?

Looking to start/attend a "live" support group. I live in Skagit County, and could attend meetings in Whatcom, Skagit, Island, or Snohomish counties. Anyone here know of an existing group, or interested in starting one? I'm being banded next month, and would welcome the chance to meet others going through the same thing. This website is great, but it might be easier to meet people in real life.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Dave

Looking to start/attend a "live" support group. I live in Skagit County, and could attend meetings in Whatcom, Skagit, Island, or Snohomish counties. Anyone here know of an existing group, or interested in starting one? I'm being banded next month, and would welcome the chance to meet others going through the same thing. This website is great, but it might be easier to meet people in real life. Looking forward to meeting you! Dave

Hi, Dave!

Welcome to LBT and to "BandLand", Dave!

I am a "Snowbird", so in CA for the winter. There are groups in the NW. I think there is one that meets in Marysville, for instance. Hoping someone here can give you some better information. Also, there is a "mentor's" thread called "I'm here to help" that is a very good online support site. There is a guy there from TX.. a truck driver, who has recently been posting there and just started his pre-op diet, so it's not all gals on that thread.

I`m in Renton WA looking to go to Mexico for surgery. does anyone have any advise?

Where in Mexico? LapBand? What doctor?

I had my surgery at Virginia Mason but know people who went to Mexico

Dang I'm on the other side ;) I'm in Spokane.