Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Well has some chicken today, could only eat 3 oz of it and was full. 5 1/2 hrs late at lunch had some diff eating. ate a spoon full or 2 of corn and then tried eating some chicken again and i got that stuck feeling and pb'd. few ours later i tried to eat alittle more corn thinking it was chicken that bothered me, but had prob's again. So am thinking it was the corn. didnt have any prob eating it before this last fill.

anyone else have issues eating corn? think i will have shake for dinner, to give my stomach a rest in case it is irritated alot.

Well has some chicken today, could only eat 3 oz of it and was full. 5 1/2 hrs late at lunch had some diff eating. ate a spoon full or 2 of corn and then tried eating some chicken again and i got that stuck feeling and pb'd. few ours later i tried to eat alittle more corn thinking it was chicken that bothered me, but had prob's again. So am thinking it was the corn. didnt have any prob eating it before this last fill. anyone else have issues eating corn? think i will have shake for dinner, to give my stomach a rest in case it is irritated alot.

Corn is definitely a problem for me. I love fresh corn, but can only eat about 1/2 ear. Frozen corn, I eat in very small amounts and very carefully. It's very starchy and it's difficult to digest, too. I very seldom eat it.

12_4_55.gif

thanks phyllser. I have some more chicken and beef and barley chili to try today..packed a package of oatmeal and string cheese just in case i have any probs with either. On the plus side i woke up and stepped on the scale says i lost another 5 pounds . My body is so weird. I weight the same for 2-3 weeks then i step on the scale one day 5 pounds lighter, but maybe the next day i gain a pound back. If my weight is the same tomorrow ill count it. :rolleyes2: hope everyone has a good night. Off to the wonderland of work

What does PB mean? Thanks Julie

Productive burping. The food I ate came back up.

Today I was able to eat 1 cup chili but at lunch was only able to eat 2oz chicken and 1 1/2 asperagas. Had half a string cheese for snack. And will prob have a package of oatmeal for dinner. Im going to give it another week but am kinda wondering if I'm to tight or not eating slow enough. Have no probs with liquds or mushies. Will try fish or shrimp tomorrow to see if maybe its just cause the chicken is to dense. I like having the feeling of being satisfied for a long time on little food.

Anyone have suggestions?

On the plus side i woke up and stepped on the scale says i lost another 5 pounds . My body is so weird. I weight the same for 2-3 weeks then i step on the scale one day 5 pounds lighter, but maybe the next day i gain a pound back. If my weight is the same tomorrow ill count it. :thumbup: hope everyone has a good night. Off to the wonderland of work

My weight loss has followed that same pattern all along... a couple of good losses, then level off for a few weeks, then drop some more. Last month, for instance.... 3 1/2 lb, then another 3 1/2 lb, then up 1 1/2, then down 1 1/2. But still down 7 lb for the month, so that's okay! I had really good losses in June & July and then almost nothing in Aug/Sept, so it was nice to see a good loss again in Oct.

I had problems eating again today. I did ok when i had 5oz of hamburger for Breakfast at 9pm, had 2 packages of instant oatmeal at 2am no problems, at my last break at 6am i was starving, ate a string cheese and maybe 4 bites of ground beef patty and pb'd up the beef. Im guessing i ate it to fast. I am still borderline on if i am filled to much. I am trying to wait a couple weeks thinking it is cause i am eating to fast and/or the meat is to dry . i can eat the beef when it is in my chili or with something on it. I have no problems with liquids or mushies. It is just hard with my work because we cant eat at our desk. i get 1, 30 minute break and 2, 15minute breaks. and i cant always get the breaks when i need them to keep my eatimg times apart. I think i will try bring'g a Meal Replacement shake to drink as a snack at my desk to hold me over until i get home and can take my time eating. anyone have any ideas?

Well...I have a "leak test" tomorrow, though I don't expect that it will show anything. I've heard that slow leaks and port leaks are no very detectable on a leak test. I'm sure a I have a slow leak at my port...so I'm not expecting anything. But then we can rule out some things and I will probably have my port replaced. Not looking forward to another scare, mine is just now faded to almost un-noticable, and the $$$ it's going to cost really frustrates me. I didn't spend $13,000 to do this by myself, so if it costs me another $2,500 to get it back I can except that.Sue

Sorry to hear that Sue. All my stuff was sent to insurance today. They have put me on the books for Nov. 26th. Now I just need to come up with $800.00. Losing my job hasn't made it easy to save money at all.

Just as I thought...nothing in my band (again) so there is a leak, but the leak is too slow to show up on the test. Now I wait 2 1/2 weeks for my follow up apt, then I would guess a port replacement, sure hope that works!?!Sue

sue sorry to hear about the leak. it is going to be an easy thing for them to fix?

how is everyone else doing here. its always so quiet in the forum

I had my pre-opt appt yesterday. Started 800 cals for the next 6 days today. I just about threw up when I tasted the drink they said I could buy. It was EAS... I think I'll stick with Slimfast and only have two per day and the frozen meal. I couldn't get that stuff down if I tried. lol

I heard the port replacement was normally done under just a local. Seems easy enough- but like Sue said andother scar.

I had my pre-opt appt yesterday. Started 800 cals for the next 6 days today. I just about threw up when I tasted the drink they said I could buy. It was EAS... I think I'll stick with Slimfast and only have two per day and the frozen meal. I couldn't get that stuff down if I tried. lol

I heard the port replacement was normally done under just a local. Seems easy enough- but like Sue said another scar.

LOL!! Don't give up on the EAS yet!! Try it again. I've used it off and on since before my surgery. One of my tricks is to put some sugar free latte Syrup in it... like DaVinci or something. I put SF Raspberry in the chocolate EAS and enjoy it that way!!