Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that I started out this journey MUCH larger than most of you. But it's so hard to hear how after losing 30 or 40 lbs you've gone down like 4 or 5 dress sizes!!

I have lost almost 70 lbs and not one thing has changed-size wise (yes I probably should measure-but I know that won't happen).

So 70# later and I don't even get to buy a new, anything! I bought a new bra yesterday-and it is the same size as my old one-and tight!

I know from prior weight loss experiences that it takes about 100# before you can notice on me. And even then only some people notice.

Don't get me wrong-I'm thrilled to have lost what I have. It now seems doable thst I'll hit the 100# mark by 5 months. I love my sleeve and have absolutely no complaints.

Just want to go out and buy some new clothes!!!!!

I would say you must be tall... I am a mere 5 ft , if I lose 12-15 lbs I lose a clothes size, when you're tall it takes a little longer. I bet your clothes fit better, your feet feel better, you can reach the floor better and people notice you've lost. We all lose from our head down and gain the opposite way. I bet your face is thinner too. It'll happen. I too get discouraged when I see that people have lost 35lbs in a month. I am only 1 month out, but seriously, I've only lost 8.5 lbs from my surgery date. So no clothes size yet. People are asking me if I lost weight. So I know my face looks thinner. You should be proud of your journey so far, clothes can come later. bet you feel good no matter what the clothes size is. Congratulations and I wish you continued success.

Hi and I understand, but DON'T be so hard on yourself. My Gosh...YOU'VE LOST 70 LBS! That's amazing and don't forget that.

The clothes will come in time!

This is very very common with the heavier you are. Clothes made in the much larger sizes can carry over many inches by the way they are made. Stretchy materials, elastics, etc... you probably can already fit a smaller size but just may not be all that necessary yet.

Hugs!! You will get there. Believe you me, the smaller sizes are a PITA in their own right. You have to try on EVERYTHING because no one manufacturer makes the same size exact. Its really annoying.

I feel your pain...I started at 440lbs...as of today 330lbs and I've gone from a 5X to 26/28...I'm happy but it took awhile....helpful hint...when you buy a bra get a little bit smaller size and buy a bra extender like from Katherine's and then you can wear it longer. My challenge..underwear! Keep your chin up and keep moving on! Tracy

Oh, wait for your stall, then your body will be decreasing by many, many inches! It will happen! Keep us posted, and i can't wait until the inches just melt off of you....... ;)

Debi, I started at 352, and the first thing I lost was my undies. That took a little over a month to happen. Then it seemed like forever before my clothes started getting really baggy. I dropped a pants size at the end of December, and bought new pants two weeks ago. I'm really glad I didn't go crazy on buying clothes, though, because those pants are already baggy on me. I haven't lost/gained anything since a 10 pound dump early in the month, but my pants are getting way too big. I'm at 271 now and I'll be buying new pants in the next two weeks...or at least new to me pants.

You will probably follow the same pattern, with weight dropping but not sizes until you hit a "stall" for a few days, then you'll walk out of your pants, or have a shirt fall off your shoulder. It's irritating, but thrilling, too! :)

Good luck, although you're doing great!! :)

I know that must be tough but I think that it’s important for me and you and everyone to remember that this is a personal journey and not to compare the awesome progress that you have mad to that of another person. I am guilty of this also but it’s not the way to go if you ask me. Feel proud and take time to notice all the small changes in your body. You will get to the point where you can buy new stuff for now work your sleeve and Celebrate every small victory that you have made on this journey!

But it's so hard to hear how after losing 30 or 40 lbs you've gone down like 4 or 5 dress sizes!!

Not me! 34 pounds down and "only" 1 size down. 200 pounds and still a 2X. Like you said, others are a 16 and 14 at my size.

I understand where you are coming from though. I would have wanted to go out and buy new clothes, if I were you. Hang in there. We will get there! Like someone said on this site, "we are taking the scenic route". LOL

LAAAAP BAND I NEED,HELP I HAVE TRICARE DOES ANYONE WANT,TO,TELL ME HOW TO,GET IT MY BMI IS 39.7

Debi,

Didn't you mention once that you are 6' tall? Height plays a part in sizing. I'm only 5'7". You are to be commended for losing so much weight. Good job!

Way to go on 70 lbs! I'm sure you'll be ready for some new clothes soon - in the meantime, consider yourself lucky you don't have to spend the $$ yet!!

I went pretty quickly from a 24W to a 14/16W - but the problem I'm having now is that the 14/16W are getting to be too big but the misses size 14 are WAY too tight. :(